Major Tip for Buyers When the Order Starts - A Successful Order Starts With Sending A Message!

edume

Guest reinier01

Reply to @jonbaas: I’m with you, but it seems some people haven’t noticed. They keep on buying services in a market that is getting worse and more unreliable by the day. And they have been doing it for four years!?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @misscrystal: No, I don’t think one can be too generous in being kind to others. I think you and I see many things the same and it is speaks well of people when they can debate a point without disparaging. 🙂 I will openly say that I also have more bias in this situation as a general buyer/seller (not as a moderator) due to other things I have seen on the forums.

I also found ethics an interesting choice of words when I look at people’s gigs and see rules being openly broken while they call out others for the same things. However, that’s pretty much all I’ll say on the matter. I wanted to respond to you since I’ve been away from the forums mostly today and I wanted to clarify, but otherwise I’m stepping out of the conversation. At this point my viewpoint as a buyer/seller and my viewpoint as a moderator are mixed so I think it’s sort of a conflict of interest to say anything else.

Reply to @edume: {my opinion} I would personally reconsider your statement of all Fiverr sellers don’t have business ethics, since that doesn’t seem to be correct. I’ve worked with plenty of people on Fiverr who show professionalism at every corner.

Although there are plenty sellers from countries other than Canada or the US who are simply on Fiverr to make a quick buck, in those instances some of them do indeed lack business ethics.

Another pointer that should mentioned is that you state 1 day. I understand that after 1 day you should be afraid and cancel the order, but they must understand that dealing with 2 different time zones, 24 hours is a good amount of time. I’ve had times when sellers have messaged me while I’m asleep and the clock ticks “20 hours ago” but then I am not a “Full Day Fiverr Seller”.

Update…

Some may have interpreted the article in a different way and that’s ok. But, we do not mean any harm to those who may have been upset with what was stated. We share our experience on fiverr and what has been stated does not mean everyone is like that. Yes, there are many bad cookies on this platform that should be removed, we are not one of them.

Our services that we provide on fiverr and to non fiverr buyers are respected by thousands around the world. We enjoy helping business on fiverr because we also know that it’s an uphill battle to get things right the first.

We’ve gone through massive changes over time. The presenter, Andy, has lived and been on television in 5 different countries over the past two decades and now resides in the US. He is a wealth of knowledge to international business and recently, even fiverr marketing gave him a call.

I hope this clarifies our position here on the forum and our qualifications related to our experiences that we have gone through. Good luck.

I have had orders where, despite my polite self-initiated messages to the buyers, they did not even bother to reply. I feel this is rude. Business and Ethics / Etiquettes should go hand in hand. We are human beings not auto-teller machines where you just pop in a card, take your money out and go.

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @faridjilani: Thanks for your comments. Yes, there’s a lot of things that go on but remember this is a warehouse for cheap services. So, the site attracts a certain type of person. But, if that person has a bad experience, they won’t return. We’ve been in business 27 years. fiverr is only a small part of what we do. Unfortunately Fiverr doesn’t like me talking too much and in fact reduced us from TRS to Level 2 because of my past comments. But, losing TRS is not the end of the world and not as important than having a good reputation in business as we have for more than 27 years.

In our service on fiverr, people want a cheap ten or twenty dollar video which will end up damaging their business with non professionals. We’ve had hundreds of buyers come to us after a bad experience with another person. It’s all related to investing a little more in your business for a better result. Many choose the cheap way only to find a big problem and few conversions.

So, in the end, it’s reputation, communication and trust that sets a good quality seller apart from the rest on fiverr. You have to let the seller know about your good reputation, you history and your ability to over deliver on promises.

Reply to @edume:

As a Buyer | Great dialog - edume makes some excellent points.

Let’s say SOME Seller are not so seasoned in business practices
and ‘etiquette’. Many forget why they are here - to help a business
solve a problem - not to solve their own problem (getting gigs).

To reinforce Edume’s point, I once told a Seller that I needed a forecast
on a multiple page production SCHEDULE to report to a client.

The Seller’s reply, "I will do my best work - as fast as I can.’

I replied to the Seller, that I could NOT report his reply, as it might
get my assignment terminated for being a moron due to retaining
a very un- business like supplier. Oh well…

Reply to @edume:
You do not appear to be as educated in business as you claim. You insist that the best way to do business is the way that you do business, but there are a variety of valid and successful ways to run a business. I’ve seen some little children selling lemonade on their front lawn that are extremely creative and successful in their business process.

Let’s not assume your way is the only “educated” way to do business. Fiverr is a freelance services platform. It provides the freedom for many different creative ways to be successful, so long as buyers remain within the rules of the site.

Reply to @jonbaas: Whether self-educated or school-educated I think business experience is valuable. I agree with you that there are many routes to education and success. I also find that a brief note here and there about seller experience is not a bad idea but that most buyers don’t care what you say but what you do.

A seller can say anything. There was one guy touting his experience some time back and he claimed some number like 50 years. Later he posted his age as 56. When asked about that he said he had been drawing since age 6. 😃 Buyers mostly want to seee what you do in delivery, not read about it.

Reply to @edume: but after the transaction, the seller should simply be starting on the job to be delivered in the time it is due. As long as the buyer sends the instructions or any materials needed for the seller to do the job, then it should not be a problem. PArt of the issue is that Fiverr has built in automated messages which in some ways take the place of regular communication one would need to do if they were working on their own.

And it’s always a good idea to send a note before, not wait until after you pay to decide if that’s the right seller for you. Like hiring any other freelancer on the internet. Anyone can post up a biz page offering their services, it doesn’t mean they have any other work experience or professional experience to draw upon. Also, I think age is a factor as well. The younger generation, which many on here are as well as people just doing it for fun, are not here to do hard core business. So anyone buying also has to keep that in mind to know what kind of site they are buying from in general.

Reply to @edume: That’s because in the past 4 years Fiverr has grown, so has the use of smart phones, internet access in countries that didn’t used to have it, and kids actually getting on here and figuring out how to make money online. So as the years go on and it becomes more popular more people will find it, not jsut people wanting to use it for business. Which it started way back when as more a wacky site where you could get anything crazy done for $5. It has since grown into a more business site, but that element is still there. And when you have an anonymous website that anyone can join completely anonymously and it is growing in popularity, what do you think you would find? sure there are good sellers, but percentage wide if anyone and their mother can come on here and sell, whether they have talent or not, you are a biz professional, you do the math on that…lol.

Reply to @fonthaunt:
I agree completely… actions and tangible, concrete results are the most valuable elements when operating a business. Spoken claims hold very little weight because they cannot always be investigated and confirmed.

After all, I could say that I fought in the American Civil War. People, of course, would look at me, squint suspiciously, and consider me to be a nutcase (since the Civil War took place 150 years ago). However, if I were to show them the articles, gear, and photos chronicling my many years as a Civil War reenactor, those claims, and that experience makes sense. 🙂

Reply to @jonbaas: LOL. Obviously, anything I say you will criticize. You can say what you want but the result is our reputation for 27 years + with major clients (not on fiverr) around the world. We are not some one person home business, we have staff, a studio and assistants in different parts of the world. You can criticize others but please take a look at your own business as well.

Reply to @edume:
It’s great that you have a staff – good for you. However, that does not make you a better business than the many of us here on Fiverr that are “one person home businesses”. A business does not need to have a staff, 27 years of experience, and “assistants in different parts of the world” to be successful.

Claiming these things of yourself, and putting yourself above the rest of us one-person sellers is extraordinarily insulting.

I am a one-person business (here on Fiverr, and in other career fields off of Fiverr), and I’m doing just fine. Please dial back the superiority complex. It’s getting old.

As for my criticisms of what you say, yes, I will disagree if what you say is inaccurate, wrong, or insulting to others.

Archived