Major Tip for Buyers When the Order Starts - A Successful Order Starts With Sending A Message!

edume

Reply to @edume:
As I said above, “As for my criticisms of what you say, yes, I will disagree if what you say is inaccurate, wrong, or insulting to others.”

Don’t put others down to make yourself look better, don’t insult others for doing things a different way than you do, and don’t share inaccurate tips or advice – if you can avoid those things, then I will have nothing to “criticize”.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @jonbaas: There’s absolutely nothing wrong with what we are saying. We are providing buyers with ideas for their own business. If you “jonbaas“ have so much to say about others, why not make your own posting on the forum rather than criticize people. If you are such an expert as an “actor, artist and business owner” as you claim then why not write your own forum topic. Your claim of us insulting others is repulsive. We have not insinuated anything about specific individuals. Honestly, your postings are silly and we don’t have time to respond. Our suggestion would be for you to write your own article on the forum. Good luck.

I totally agree, the best thing a buyer can do when they need a service is to first send a message instead of going ahead and ordering then ask questions.

This post should be enhanced to stay on top, and I hope the admins make it mandatory to guide newbies to read all details of a gig before ordering… Not All Services are for $5.

Regards,
Speedy876

Reply to @edume:
You have posted this exact same message, copy and pasted, in multiple forum threads. I consider that to be spam.

As to a response to your multiple-thread message, I will comment where a comment is warranted. I will share correct information wherever it is needed. And if those comments are in response to inaccurate, insulting, or tactless posts that YOU share, then so be it. I am not on this forum to criticize people; I am here to help others, and provide accurate information when necessary.

When you are wrong, own up to it. Stop a moment, and take a look at the message YOU are presenting with your comments. You are coming across as superior to others, you appear to be under the assumption that nothing you say is wrong or inaccurate, you have insulted independent work-at-home sellers on numerous occasions (claiming that you are better than them/us merely because you have a team of professionals and “27 years of experience” behind you), and you have denied that you are using this TIPS FOR BUYERS forum to specifically promote the sale of your services – which you clearly are.

Respectfully, yes, you ARE in the wrong.

Please refocus your commentary, and contribute to these forums as they were meant to be used. Your current participation is not productive, entirely appropriate, nor respectful of others.

Reply to @madmoo: How do you calculate? Is it based on strictly one business- type or do you have to divide out subcategories? Theoretically I have 33 but that’s only one subcategory and it only paid $1.47 for the first job that took me a good 80 hours or so to finish. I think that might not count. 😃

Reply to @edume: One of my favorite gigs on Fiverr is a guy who wears tinfoil in his hair and garbage bag clothes. He also has a well maintained TRS badge. Just because a person has a sense of humor whether for a gig or on a forum doesn’t mean they aren’t professionals. Some people just take themselves very seriously, and doesn’t mean a thing by itself either. :-/

Reply to @edume:
Seriously? I can’t help but think that perhaps YOU might be the one digging yourself into an unprofessional hole here. Must you keep putting others down?

In all honesty, if there’s anyone coming across as silly and unprofessional in this thread, I’m afraid it’s probably you.

jonbaas: As previously mentioned we don’t have time to answer your responses. No matter what we say you’ll continue with your criticism. We post what we have experienced as a seller and a buyer. You can say as you wish but you should also write your own posting if you are so inclined to make comments. We’d be happy to hear your perspective in business. Good luck.

Reply to @madmoo: This posting was for buyers, not sellers. The point was to attract some buyer input but it didn’t work. Yes, we don’t have time for silliness, we’re too busy talking to buyers, but of course not on fiverr.

Some of us are trying to make the forum more professional by posting our experience, but based on some of the buyers comments messages I received, it’s a lost cause here. One person in particular called the forum “insane” with my postings the only business oriented info to read.

In the end, we’re just trying to help but it may be a big waste of time. These postings are not self promotion, only to make a difference. With silly comments, I guess, this may be the reason why buyers don’t buy on fiverr as they used to. Think about it. Gotta go!

Reply to @ozzieuk: I’m not talking about ourselves. I’m talking about fiverr overall revenues. Fiverr is not our main business, in fact, in the past year, we’ve cut back on the number of videos we produce through this platform for various reasons. As we’ve said in other posts, don’t depend on fiverr for you main source, have multiple streams of income in case something happens. Take care.

You know, edume you and yourselves certainly have a lot to say about Fiverr, the sellers and the forums. Here’s a birds-eye view in this thread alone where you’ve said things like:

edume said: most on fiverr don't have any business experience or ethics on how to conduct themselves in a business transaction.
edume said: there will be the angry bunch of sellers opposed to what has been stated.
edume said: We've been in business 27 years and have seen our fair share during that time. What we provide here on fiverr is the proper method
edume said: Fiverr doesn't like me talking too much and in fact reduced us from TRS to Level 2 because of my past comments. But, losing TRS is not the end of the world and not as important than having a good reputation in business as we have for more than 27 years.
edume said: There's absolutely nothing wrong with what we are saying.
edume said: We have not insinuated anything about specific individuals. Honestly, your postings are silly and we don't have time to respond.
edume said: Reply to @madmoo: Think about what you write here and think that buyers are going to see how silly and unprofessional you and others are
edume said: Reply to @fonthaunt: I guess this is why some buyers call the forum "garbage"
edume said: These postings are not self promotion, only to make a difference. With silly comments, I guess, this may be the reason why buyers don't buy on fiverr as they used to.

If it’s all that bad, silly, unprofessional, unethical, trashy and buyers don’t buy like they used to I can’t imagine how “we” little people can be worth your “selves” time to keep this up. You and your mighty staff are going to start missing some of those messages you need to send to all your buyers, all because your hive spent wasted time on the garbage forum. In your words -

edume said: Think about it.

Reply to @fonthaunt: Look, I don’t what the problem is and your accusations. The “garbage” was meant to be a joke just like you were joking. But, I can tell someone did say long ago that the forum is much like garbage. It’s obvious you are after us to make trouble for whatever reason. We never called anyone specific any names that you mentioned. We are simply trying to get buyers to participate on the forum but it’s not possible. You know, we are friendly people but you make us sound like we are some kind monster. Anyhow, you can close this topic. There’s no point going back and forth.

Reply to @edume: No, I am not “going after” you or your account. And, I’m going to respond to you thoughtfully whether you want to hear it or not, since you’ve been keeping this thread as alive as anyone. I might as well address what you’ve said with a little more care. I didn’t get your joke apparently, since it just matched a lot of other things you’ve said about the entire Fiverr system. Perhaps the dry wit just didn’t carry over.

For the most part you didn’t direct your comments at one person, except for calling at least one person silly and unprofessional. I am frustrated that you seem to really enjoy posting things with some “tips” content but is also loaded with what appear to be self-promotion on top of insults and elitism. You are certainly good at being just subtle enough to make your posts hard to categorize definitely which may appear to be a benefit for you, but probably isn’t in the long run. You also constantly refer to “we” and honestly it comes off differently than most of the teams I see online. Speaking for more than one or two people at all times is unusual to me.

I don’t think anyone is a monster, but since you use “we” there again, it would be useless to apply such a term to what seems to be an entire staff of nameless individuals. I do think that you express things in offensive ways on a regular basis. As a grandmother and an educated woman, I haven’t appreciated being referred to as “girl” (directed personally) or lumped in with other generalizations that you make on a routine basis. So, there you go.

If you want to know why I keep responding to you and why I find many of your posts irritating, those are some of the reasons. I’ve said this to you before, but I do feel that you deliberately put others down in an attempt to build your ego. I don’t evven understand the need when you’ve been successful, I find your gigs pretty good and I see you could be of benefit to the community. I saw some of your gigs on the front page when I first joined Fiverr and marked some as favorites. Unfortunately, if you alienate people you lose something, and surely you can see from this and other threads that I’m not alone in my feelings.

That is a heartfelt response to you. I don’t go hunting for good sellers to mess with, I go looking for spam and broken rules and issues that cause trouble on the forums. I’m not going to follow your suggestion to close the thread for now. Another moderator might or might not. I would rather see real communication happen here and you do seem to value it so I think it’s worth trying. I may be wasting my time too, but right now I can afford some time to have conversations due to some life events that keep me from building my own business any further just yet.

Archived