Looking for input on Gig Pricing for Voice-Over Work

rrobbins88

I have a client that I recently worked with whom contacted me for another project. I previously did an IVR recording for him. He would like me to do voice work for his webpage that he is putting together. He has separate “landing pages” - ie. Home, Events, Comings Soon, etc. and needs separate files for each one of those pages. For each one of those recordings, he would like background music as well. My question is this: In your experience, how would you do pricing for this client? Would you have the client purchase a gig for each one of those pages since they requested individual files for each page? Or would you look at the project as a whole and create a custom order? I would appreciate input on this matter. Thanks!

If you don’t have gig extras already for these things, consider adding them! Also, if you don’t have enough extras for everything, you should already have a list made out of what you are willing to do and for how much. Part of coming off as a pro is knowing how to charge. Not everyone charges the same, it’s up to you to decide what your work is worth.

As for how to handle to gigs, on one hand, doing it all under one customized gig would simplify things. But on the other hand, having multiple gigs means mutliple reviews. 😉

I agree, I would also do a custom order since you have already worked with this client. You probably charge by word count? As suggested I would also charge extra for the background music and maybe for separate files depending on how many files the client needs. Good luck 😉

I would do it as a custom offer, but give him a break down of the quote ie Home Page = $x plus $x if you want music. I think it is always best to make it easy for the customer to order, and I love custom offers for doing that 🙂

Thanks for the input . . . what makes it difficult is that he has various scripts for each page on the website but is still in the process of putting them together. He gave me the Homepage script and wanted me to record it awhile, while he gets his scripts finalized for the other pages. Therefore, I don’t know word counts yet for the rest of the pages which creates the problem of not being able to put a break down of the cost of the whole project. If he gives me one script/one website page to record at a time, it seems best to do individual gigs.

Archived