Ask a Super Seller

reddhorrocks

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi
I need you help
I was earning good by doing audio editing but suddenly few months back my sales went down to nill. At that time I didn’t focus on that matter and left doing audio editing at fiverr but Now I am again thinking of starting again doing audio editing but in last few months haven’t got a single order but my profile was active. Should I start with new account and delete old account or should I maintain Old account. This is my current account fiverr.com/ans_awais.

Your positive response will be much appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Hello Super Sellers.

Thank you for making this awesome thread :). I have a question that I was wondering how to best handle.

How would you deal with a seller who keeps asking you what your budget is (this is for writing gigs). I had two that kept asking this question. The first one was rude and told me I need to tell them what my budget is right away, which took me a bit out of the loop. The second one was polite but kept pushing the matter. When I finally answered, both set the price to said budget without asking what else I needed as far as details went.

Is this considered tactful when dealing with buyers, to ask them their budget for said work?

V/R
Somsa

Reply to @s2chum: Hi there! Generally most sellers advertise their pricing on their gigs. From a seller perspective, for a larger gig sometimes it can be hard to put an accurate estimate on it as the amount of work may fluctuate. Also, it can be challenging for us sellers because we may have to quote a large amount and for some people, there is fear of losing the sale. No seller should ever be rude about it, that’s just not great customer service. If you are concerned about this, I would look for a seller that has a very clear pricing structure that fits within your budget that you are comfortable with.

Reply to @reddhorrocks: Hey, Please will you help me. I have created my gig tree weeks ago and yet have not got any sale. I have added picture and also my created new good looking video to my gig. Why am not getting sales?
Can you tell me any method how you get your First Sale.

Reply to @reddhorrocks: Hi Redd. This is incredibly impressive to me. What I’d like to know (from one voiceover gal to another!) is how on earth you are only able to work that many hours, manage to have a turnaround time of two days, while you have sometimes 30-40 order in your queue! I recently decreased my delivery time to 2 days, had about 20 orders at one point (though I’m not complaining ;-)), and got a bit stressed out. And I don’t think I could manage all that in 35 hours per week.

How do you do it?

Reply to @suzysays: Honestly… practice. I’ve been doing this for a long time, so I have a very efficient work flow. I have a great studio which means my work requires minimal editing, and I’m very well practiced in completing long scripts in one take. I’ve done nearly 13,000 orders and practice really does make perfect.

Over two weeks ago, a buyer who was very happy with my editing asked me to make her a custom offer. I made the offer, and she did not respond. Five days ago, I put my account on Vacation Mode, because I had to go out of town. Then, two days ago, she accepted the earlier offer, and the Fiverr clock started ticking. I contacted the buyer right away, explaining that I’m out of town and can’t download her file… I requested a mutual cancellation, but she denied the request, with no explanation, and now the order is officially late. I’ve requested cancellation again, but if she denies it again, I’m worried that I’ll have to delete my account when I get home, and start all over, because no one will hire me. Do I have any recourse?

I’m learning a lot reading this thread as well and really appreciate these Super Sellers! I thought I would add one thing to this thread that isn’t a question for them. From the original thread post:

reddhorrocks said: We're here to help answer any questions you might want to ask, either about your work if you need advice, or any questions about how we do what we do that you've been wanting to ask.
I thought I would pop in and mention that this thread is a unique resource for asking questions about Fiverr strategies & techniques! On the other hand, if readers have general questions about the use of Fiverr or simple tips, it might be a good idea to post those questions in the Conversations, Fiverr Stories, or Fiverr FAQ categories.

When questions are posted in the Super Seller thread, most regular users won’t respond since you specifically directed your question to this small team. So, for quicker answers to basic questions, try out other threads and categories. Good luck!

reddhorrocks!

First of all I am glad to find this thread and no doubt you are a very friendly super seller who likes to help fellow sellers; I know this from personal experience.

To the point, a level 2 seller would have ONE BIG question for top rated sellers; how did you guys do this?

Here’s my story. I started working May 2014, there was a slow process and I made some success. In September 2014 Christmas and New year season was close (perhaps this was the reason) and I noticed a flow of sales. Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan 2015 were great. Then Fiverr started to introduce some new changes and all of sudden my Article writing gig was under the tonnes of debris; all web content writing gigs were in this new category now. In the meanwhile I was studying too so time was short.

Long story cut short, I am not making as good as I was making in late 2014. I am trying same old SEO tricks e.g. posting on pinterest, tumbler etc. but orders have drastically reduced. I notice how some people simply beat their competition and become super sellers within a few months. Here are my questions:

1. What SEO/other tricks do you do for gig visibility?
  2. What to do when orders simply vanish for days?
  3. How do you guys manage to make so many sales and become top rated sellers? What is the secret?

Reply to @suzysays: Thanks so much for asking this, I am in a similar situation I think and I get overwhelmed when my order list starts hitting double digits - especially when some of those are big scripts, so am always incredibly impressed by the VO artists that can do dozens of orders every day. @reddhorrocks, thanks for your answer, you’re very inspiring!

Reply to @poetbilalahmed: Hi there! I wish I had a magic answer for you! Personally, I don’t do any SEO or have any tricks for gig visibility. I’ve been on the site since early 2013, so I’ve racked up a lot of completed sales. I’m lucky in that I am one of the highest rated people in my category on the site, and that is how I get a lot of sales.

Every business has ebbs and flows with sales. I recommend doing your best to build an emergency fund so that you feel security when things are leaner.

For those of us who have been TRS or Super Sellers, it’s because we have completed a lot of sales, while keeping an excellent rating. Customer service is key here. It is very important to make sure you satisfy your clients and even over deliver when possible, especially in the beginning, so that you can build a solid reputation. Just keep doing that, and working hard, and buyers will come.

Guest ayagamal541

@reddhorrocks i dont know that is spam … but only i hope any tips from
top rated seller .
but at all thank you very much for replay and i am sorry for the messages.

Archived