Ask a Super Seller

reddhorrocks

Reply to @hamza_k: Hi there 🙂

You need to add some personality to your gigs - try to differentiate yourself from the crowd. Use an image of yourself as your avatar, create a video of yourself presenting your gig. This will no doubt boost your sales and take you closer towards becoming a super seller. Currently, your buyers don’t know who they are buying from.

Good luck!

Tom

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @dingodudette:

Hi dingodudette,

I cannot see your specific gig as it has been removed (as you say, probably due to inactivity). If you can reactivate it, I can provide more specific tips.

In regards to the video, you don’t necessarily have to appear on video yourself. Take a look at my post about alternative methods here: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/6401/tip-don039t-want-to-appear-on-camera-learn-how-you-can-still-make-a-video

A video isn’t just about presenting yourself, it is about captivating your audience and prompting users to checkout your gig because it has something they are probably curious to watch (as oppose to read).

Videos are fantastic because they subconsciously ‘set the tone’, and provide an added level of trust, increasing the chances of conversion (for example, a nice voiceover can really resonate with a buyer).

Videos can also be used to market away from Fiverr, in the hope of drawing traffic and customers back to your gig. Don’t write off a video just because you don’t want to appear in it yourself.

As a side note - my bestselling gig had a video when it was first launched. It was recorded in very low quality and a poorly lit room. The fact I still engaged the audience bought in a lot of sales, compared to nothing at all.

Regards,

Adam

Reply to @silberma1976:

When I first started, Fiverr had a lot less gigs in my niche, so promotion wasn’t really something I had to do.

However, in regards to promoting now, there are numerous things you can do:

1. If you have a popular gig but find all the others lacking in sales, look to interlink your services by mentioning your other gigs within your popular one (for example, in your buyer instructions you may say “Whilst you wait for me to complete your order, check out some other services I have available: LINK HERE”

2. Fiverr receives so much traffic I actually like to concentrate on promoting my gig on the platform, as opposed to looking into bringing in more traffic (as there’s already plenty to get sales). To promote yourself on the Fiverr platform make sure your gig is presented to a high quality - nice images, a nice video, call to action title etc. Things like gig images can actually be outsourced to other Fiverr sellers.

3. If you’re struggling for steady sales, use the buyer requests section. These are literally buyers with money waiting. If you can secure their custom, you could be secure ALL of their future custom (as by posting they’ve indicated they have not found what they need, and if you do a good job they will likely just return to you rather than look again).

Regards,

Adam

Reply to @hamza_k:

Hi Hamza,

I echo Tom’s sentiments exactly. Your current gigs are basically revolved around you being a virtual assistant. Trouble is, there are 1000’s of other virtual assistants selling on the Fiverr platform.

How do you stand out and get more sales? Simple - promote yourself, not just your service. There is a fine line between service promotion and self promotion.

Imagine walking into two shops to buy a loaf of bread. Both shops have the exact same bread, at the exact same price. What makes you choose one shop over the other? Brand recognition. You are your own brand. Promote yourself and present yourself to the buyers more.

If you don’t want to present yourself directly, then change what your brand is. Rather than being you, look to brand yourself as a business - get a logo, a consistent colourscheme, consistent images across your gigs and consistent video presentations. Don’t just make people want your service (as so many people offer it), make people want YOU for the service.

Regards,

Adam

Reply to @divergents:

To improve your gigs:

1. Change your first image of each gig to show a before and after (i.e. the buyer’s photo and then the cartoon version), seeing the transformation into cartoon form can really help us see the quality of your service. Otherwise, we’re just looking at a random cartoon - it’s nicely drawn but what did the actual person look like? With no comparison, we can’t see this quality.

2. Improve your live portfolio examples by doing the same thing. Many sellers will create special ‘presentation’ images to upload into the portfolio, rather than just the deliverable. This looks a lot more eye-catching and professional.

3. Create a video. If you don’t want to appear on video yourself, consider two options:

4. Show previous versions of portfolio work in an image slider

5. Record your screen whilst creating one of your cartoons, and then speeding it up to fit under 60 seconds. Seeing the work actually be drawn by the designer (although sped up), really allows the user to see the experience and skill in each drawing, setting you out from the crowd (who may use auto cartoon software or filters) and promoting us to order.

6. Use your images spaces to show more than just examples. You want to call the user to action with service details as well. Many users will just look at images and then order (rather than read the description). due to this, use that image space to push details.

There’s a few pointers for you 🙂

regards,
Adam

Guest hamzaakram873

Hey Super Sellers!

I have been on fiverr for about one month selling my article writing gig and i got only 3 sales and earned $28 even though my gig clicks are more than 179. any thoughts???

Reply to @hamzaakram873:

As you have 179 clicks but only 3 sales, this tells me your conversion rate is low - meaning people are finding your gig but not going through with the purchase.

There could be many reasons behind this (such as just browsing, search engine crawlers etc). However, for arguments sake let’s assume it’s because your gig could be improved to convert more.

Looking at your article writing gig, I see numerous things I would change:

1. Your first image is nicely designed (although the wrong sizing), whist your other two images are just stock graphics. This doesn’t make you stand out or personally present you. Look to use these other two image spaces to push two things:

The 2nd image should outline and define what the user receives for $5 (making it really clear in bullet point form).

The 3rd image should outline and define extras available, and what they are/do (many sellers just assume buyers will see the extras at the bottom and add them, that’s not the case). You need to highlight what you extras are more, and why the user should add them to their order.

2. Although you have a video, I don’t mean this in a harsh way, it’s quite boring. It’s just another whiteboard animation which we need to read the screen for 30 seconds. The music is quite nice but it doesn’t actually captivate me, I find my attention leading elsewhere. Look to improve this. For example, you could use the exact same video, just add a voiceover on top to read and expand upon the text on screen - captivating the audience and creating a 'tone, and subconscious level of trust.

3. Remove of simplify the jargon. A lot of times buyers are looking for your type of service because they have been told they need articles for search engines but don’t really understand a lot more than that (those that really understand usually write the articles themselves). Phrasing such as “Top Rankings In SERPs” can confused people. Not everyone knows SERPS means “Search Engine Result Pages”. You are really slimming down your market when you bring in jargon, you are completely closing out the Layman’s

4. The pricing of your 1,200 word article extra makes no sense. You say you will write a 1,200 word article for $10 extra (meaning $15 in total), whilst I could just order your gig with a quantity of 2 ($10) for a 1,400 word article. This kind of pricing can deter users because it’s suspect, which could throw your whole service into doubt (it’s only a small issue but why would a user buy from someone where there is a doubt, when there are hundreds of other gigs with no such issue?)

There’s a few pointers to get you started 🙂

Regards,

Adam

Reply to @alibencharf:

Hi alibencharf,

The biggest piece of advice I could give you, when you have design gigs, is to not use other peoples designs or stock imagery to present as your work.

This will likely deter sales. I’m looking at your business card design gig as an example, with images like this:

cldn0.fiverrcdn.com/fiverr/t_main1/gigs2/10512762/original/dfd180c3f6e9959ba81334c289dc2ceb710d7be9.jpg

Which is a common file online, for business card mockups:

http://layerform.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Business-Card-Mockup-Dark-Grain-2-597x339.jpg

Regards,
Adam

Reply to @basketball0535:

Hi Andrew,

That’s a lovely gig, very unique. I also love the video. However, I think it could be improved upon to be a little more captivating. As I mentioned to a user above, consider adding a voiceover to engage the audience more and also better explain the service (rather than trying to add text etc). I imagine your current video, with the music turned down slightly, and a narrator’s voice would make an awesome presentation. I can just imagine a Disney style voiceover, with “Once upon a time…”

I couldn’t see any category information on your gig… is it in a category/sub category? A gig’s categorization can have a large effect on sales. If it’s within an ‘other’ category, change that instantly. No one is going to specifically search for your service (i.e. “I want my message written in scrabble tiles and put in a creek”). It’s just so unique. Due to this, it needs to be placed in an appropriate category where you will catch a lot of passing trade, who are also going to be your target audience. You may have to think a little outside of the box for this - like “Online Marketing - Social Marketing”… why not present your images as good for Social media images, or cover photos etc? Alternatively, you could split your current service into numerous gigs for specific purposes to better help categorise them (such as social media images, “your message on” for fun & bizarre, “Outdoor advertising” within advertising etc…)

Regards,
Adam

Hi TRS people,

I am wondering what your stats were when you were chosen to be TRS?

I’ve created over 1000 orders, 627 reviews 99% positive (only 4 were negative), response time 5 hrs, cancellations 2%, Average selling price $10.

I’ve been on the site for 3 years and the last 2 as a seller. I think I’m a good candidate for a nomination for a TRS 😃

Kind Regards,
Murray / Creativeman

http://www.fiverr.com/creativeman

Reply to @creativeman:

Hi Murray,

I don’t fully remember (it was over 3 years ago for me).

However, whilst stats seem to be a factor, they are not a deciding element in having your account upgraded to TRS, unlike levels 1 and 2 which are fully based on stats.

I wouldn’t focus so much on the stats, you can see multiple TRS accounts which are all at different levels. Instead, look at ways you can contribute to the community - maybe write an article and submit it to Fiverr, see if they feature it on the blog (they are open to submissions) and other things along these lines.

As a side note, I wouldn’t post all of your stats publicly. From those numbers we can deduce quite a lot about you account which should probably be kept confidential.

Regards,
Adam

Reply to @twistedweb123: Thank you, that is helpful. I have reactivated my gig for you to look at and I will think about the slideshow, however I don’t have a video camera or webcam to use, so I would have to use a series of pictures of my products and logo - maybe an animated gif file?
I cannot put my image, or voice in particular, on video, but my products are good quality for a fiverr.

This is a great thread! Whoever is asking questions, this isn’t customer support. lol. Be specific and remember, these are sellers like you and these awesome merchants do not work for Fiverr. So far, most of the questions are great, and the replies are even better.
Just thought I would post as I’ve seen some ask questions that aren’t fit for this thread and are more questions about things they could find themselves here on the forum or in the Fiverr Academy.
Keep it up SS’s!!! 🙂

DTong (TRS)

Guest hamzaakram873

Please help me, every next day is making me more disappointed. I did not get any orders from the previous two weeks. My gig has everything to convince a buyer to order. Any thoughts that why am I not getting much orders???

Hey all.
Thanks for doing this Q&A thread.
This is my first post here so excuse me if I am asking something cliché.

1. How much time do you spend per week on Fiverr?
  2. What do you do in your free time?
  3. What mobile phone do you use?

Again, thanks for doing this.
Regards,
Funky

Reply to @annai80:

Hi there,

I cannot give a definitive answer (I’m not a customer support agent).

However, I would imagine it would be because ordering gig quantities technically means ordering more than 1 gig unit - so, if I sold voiceovers, and the person purchased 2 - that could be seen as two separate voiceovers, requiring two licenses. If we didn’t have the option to buy 2 licenses, we could just buy up to 20 individual voiceovers using the quantity tool and only pay one license fee (which would only cover 1).

However, if I am selling voiceovers and using the gig quantity tool to add more ‘words’, this would only be 1 voiceover overall, so only one license would be required.

Regards,
Adam

Archived