Ask a Super Seller

reddhorrocks

Reply to @funkygfx:

Great questions!

1). This all depends on how busy I am that week. The great thing about Fiverr is that there are not set hours and each day can fluctuate. If I were to try and average it, in terms of actual time spent working on Fiverr I’d probably say about 6-8 hours a day, so just under 60 hours as week (I work 7 days).

2). I’ve got two young children so I like to spend my time with them, parks, zoo trips, beach visit (it’s about 100 yards from my house) etc. The rest of my free time is spent socializing.

3). I have a Samsung Galaxy but don’t really use it, or phones very often in general. I’ll often just leave it on my desk all day and not use it or take it out with me.

Regards,
Adam

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @hamzaakram873: You know what, I’m trying to stay out of this thread and leave it to these wonderful Super Sellers. Seeing these comments by you changed my mind. Do you understand that these people are sellers just like you, and when they are here on the forum trying to help, they aren’t making money?

They are posting great tips here that can be utilized by everyone. You could follow those tips yourself and you could read all the other great tips on the forum. Then you could re-do your own gigs as needed to make sales. Doing those things would be more productive than being rude.

Now, i am posting this question because I really want to stress my points.

Do videos really generate 200% more times in sales?? How can that statement be made without seeing any videos?

Meaning, by just adding a video you’ll get 200% more views?? But there are hundreds of factors to this. A good quality one. A catchy thumbnail. I don’t understand it when it states 200% more…

Just to be experimental: I took one of my best selling gigs and added 3 creative images along with a pdf, along with a creative video, my sales dropped so I used a different tactic.

Anyone?

Hello
Please have a look at my profile and my gigs. My sales have reduced from before. I dont know why.
In start i earned a good amount, but it is gradually decreasing, though i am giving full time as before.
please help with some great tips to get the same position again

thanks in advance

Reply to @thecreativeguys:

Hi thecreativeguys,

The 200% increase in sales was first mentioned a few years ago now. The numbers were seemingly based on tests conducted. A lot of gigs used to have no video (I would say only the minority did), however, this minority were producing more sales and those that added videos at the time also seemed to generate more sales.

The official stat is “Can increase sales by up to 200%” - i.e. best case scenarios have seen a 200% increase but this may not be the same for everyone. The quality of the actual video is also a factor and just having a video doesn’t guarantee more sales but it certainly increases the chances and views.

However, since then gig pages have had multiple things added to them, like cover photos, order multiples, PDF slots etc. Videos are also a lot more popular now, so you won’t stand out as much for having one compared to previously - but you probably would need one to ‘keep up’ with the crowd.

I’d still recommend having a video on your gig as it CAN see an increase of up to 200%

Regards,
Adam

Reply to @techleaders:

Hello there 🙂

Here are some quick changes you could do right now to improve your gig.

• Add space to sentence on your profile " I provide High quality work and upto100% client satisfaction." - space between “upto100%”

• Remove icons from your thumbnail images that have not been designed yourself - it looks very “copy & paste” right now.

• Generally improve your design skills - the work you show does not look like it comes from a “degree holder in Graphics Designing”. If that statement isn’t true, you should remove.

• Add more videos to your gigs. Your best rated gig uses video.

• Don’t call your buyers “dumb” in your feedback responses - it shows lack of respect to prospective clients

• I see you offer a gig selling Amazon reviews, im not sure this is allowed.

Good luck!

Tom

Reply to @techleaders:

Hello techleaders,

It is my understanding that new gigs/profiles actually receive a bit of a boost in search results. They are shown on the homepage, in recommended search result and within highest rated search results. This initial overexposure will see you start off well and make sales quite quickly. However, over time, you will no longer receive this benefit for being new and your place in those search locations will be replaced by newer gigs. This is the tipping point. The idea is, by that time, you have built up a good customer base and enough of your own exposure to keep orders coming in at the same rate, being less reliant on overexposure as a newbie.

If you haven’t had this built you, you will need to look to push for more orders - look at buyer requests, search the forums for people asking for work related to your gigs, maybe create new gigs etc.

If you have built up the customer base well and racked up a lot of good reviews, you will actually find you now legitimately show in key search locations (as opposed to just being given that slot due to being new). You will also be receiving orders for repeat buyers etc. Repeat buyers actually make up like 30-40% of my orders.

Due to this initial overexposure then potential drop, I always recommend creating your gig with the lowest lead time possibly (i.e. 1 or 2 days) and really working hard in this time to knock out orders as quickly as possible. Have a few late nights, a few early mornings, really put the effort in. I understand everyone has a personal life and commitments but to me it seems the more you put in at the beginning, the better it pays off in the long run.

Regards,
Adam

Hi Fiverr Super Sellers!

First, thanks SO much for having this thread. Such a wonderful way that you’re giving back to the community.

Quick question that’s had me stumped recently. There seems to be a bit of a gray area with outside communication here, and it’s hard to tell what is and isn’t ok from the TOS! (For instance, s***e is a banned word, but many of us, myself included, provide s***e Consultation as approved Gigs)

I’m aware that YouTube is an “approved” link, but do you know what the policy is on including a link to my blog or twitter feed within my main profile? I feel like I’ve seen this from time to time, but can’t find any examples at the moment. In any case, I want to be able to demonstrate that I have built a “brand” online, but I don’t want to get in trouble.

Thanks so much,

David

Reply to @david388:

Hi David,

In regards to the outside communication, personal information such as this is only allowed to be provided if the ordered gig requires it for the service to be performed (i.e. a s***e consultation needs for you to know the buyer’s s***e, so this is ok to share). However, that being said, all the usual ‘flags’ are in place in regards to the warnings so this can be even more confusing.

To quote the TOS directly:

“Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.”

In regards to your personal blog of Twitter feed in your profile, this isn’t allowed and will be pulled if it is noticed by moderators. If you see this on other profiles, it will likely to be removed at some point.

Regards,
Adam

Reply to @newbold3d:

newbold3d said: @techlead

Hello
Thanks for your suggestions.
But as u said that gig images looks copy paste, it is not, All the gig images are made by me, they are not at all copied from any where, i have designed them.

Does adding video will increase my sales,??? Please give some tips for good video. I dont want to show myself in video, so tell me how can i make a good video. what should i put in it.

thanks

Hi there, perhaps someone here can help me with my issue. I’m having a serious problem in that my Extras don’t update and due to that fact I am having to work at a loss with clients because I cant expect them to pay what I would charge in my extras, adding extras on the fly withing the already purchased gig section is not an option because then they are suddenly surprised with a possible 50$ addition which is a smack in the face to a client who orders a gig thinking they are only paying 5$. Does this make sense?

I need to know how to get this resolved I have spend so much of my time wasted updating the Extras waiting up to 24 hours as advised after updating. going back to it doing it again and repeat repeat repeat over and and over. it so frustrating. what changed and why is this suddenly an issue when it never used to be?

I know I’m ranting here, but this is really frustrating.

Sincerest Regards (at the end of the day),

André
Self-Promotion-removed

Love the platform and mostly I love that you don’t have to big for the gigs. Really cool!
I am here to help filmmakers and if you look at my gigs.
you’ll see that I am not helping only them.
People love when I animate their logos 🙂

I would love to know what else I can do to boost a little bit the sales, and mostly the exposure. I am looking at the stats numbers of the gigs and maximum exposure I get these days is only 2-3k… versus 90K last year…

Can you help? Please and thank you! 🙂

Guest iamjunaid

Hello
Can you please look at my GIG (specially the first 2) and let me know how you think
They are running good but any help from you will be great
Thank you

Archived