Has anyone quit their job to just do Fiverr work? I'd love to! Check out my gig!

kim_talented

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not ready to quit my job yet, but I already work from home as I am a website designer and developer. I do fiverr as a side gig, even though my website jobs pay so much more, I always find the time to deliver my orders to my fiverr customers no matter what! I find that when I am filling orders on fiverr, it is my relax time, this is when I have a break from ‘website’ stuff and do the graphics for fiverr customers - I find this part really relaxing so hopefully I will one day make a lot where I am relaxing “everyday” lol.

Guest marsch001

Reply to @madmoo: I think I would be too scared, mainly because of what I do - I’m hoping to add a few gigs and that might help in giving me more orders, but I’m not sure if it would ever be enough.

But thank you for clarifying! I can imagine that after a life of working out of the home and being tired etc, it must be very nice to work from home mainly, and a bit “when you want to”, because people can only contact you through Fiverr.

Have you gone on vacation since you started it full-time, or do you think it might affect your sales too much since that’s what people say happens (even if they don’t put the gigs on suspend)?

Guest marsch001

Reply to @madmoo: Do you think it’s “easier” for you to get your customers back plus new ones after you’ve suspended a gig, because you are a top rated seller? So you don’t really lose your position, as it were, in the searches after you’ve suspended your gig? I know that’s a concern for most other people when they go on holiday.

I went recently and knew that although I would have internet access, I wouldn’t want to be online (nor find much time to sit down and work) so I extended my delivery to about 9 days, wrote a message about it in my gig and that was that. I did get a few orders, but most from repeat who were fine with it – the only thing was that I had to remember to remove the “express” option, which I almost did on one gig.

I’m glad that there are people who are able to make it work and don’t mind talking about it. I think if I had more orders overall, I’d be more likely to think it a possibility (or at least while I looked for a “proper” job, without having to then also continue to work as a substitute teacher, as I’m doing now). As it is, the money I’ve made is going into buying a new computer to become more efficient when I work from outside of my home.

I like being able to have this as a side business though, and continue even after I do get a full-time proper job, because I think it’s fun. It’s silly how accomplished you feel filling orders and crossing things off your ‘to-do’ list.

I’m only on fiverr 2 months now and I am in awe of you and others who have quit their jobs. I wish I could do the same as I’m so tired of the rat-race and love the idea of working from home. Hat’s off and continued success to all of you. Do you have any advice for a newbie like me to increase sales?

Long LIVE Fiverr as a full time job!!!

It was my second job for about 9 months as i worked in a cinema part/full time and with a lighting company. I saved up and moved location! So now i’m living off Fiverr. Some weeks are tremendous. Some weeks aren’t so good but it gives you the time to think up new gigs, put more effort and time into gigs and just well, live life the way you want to!!!

I would like to have a part-time job again just to get out of the flat when the boyfriend is at work maybe 🙂 But nothing’s come up yet - plus it lets me be picky with a second job i might pick up because i’m not struggling. my bills and food are paid for so no rush! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wcman1976

I’d LOVE to be able to quit my day job. I don’t know how many gigs I would have to do in order to equal my income, but I have other things lined up that I would want to do full-time anyway. My goal is to learn the complete system of wing chun kung fu and open my own school someday, not to mention offer fitness classes based on Beachbody workouts (P90X, Insanity, and so on).

I have been on here for a month and made only $40, but then again I am not even level one yet…AND I don’t have a lot of exposure. Well, that will change with time.

Many people who are currently in a 9-5 job are stressed with the daily rigors of hustling to work only to deal with the additional pains and strains of the job. Considering these stressful conditions are most of the time are of no fault of ours, we often become the target in this content firing range.

The opportunity provided here on Fiverr is an excellent medium to earn a living as proven by many of our top sellers who are able to set their own work pace and negotiate their own terms on deadlines for scheduled work through direct communication with the buyers. The level of effort a person puts into their gig will determine the rewards achieved from this job and as their skills and knowledge to increase respective to their avenue of choice so will their earning potential. However a word to the wise, No successful journey is ever completed without the trials and hurdles we ALL have to cross. There are times we will surely stumble and fall, some more often than others, but it’s never about the times we fail but the times we can take that failure and capitalize on it to make us a better person. One of the key secrets to success is rooted in our natural ability to take any event of failure and turn it inside out. Once we can identify this power within ourselves, our journey to achieving our greatest desires in life is almost complete as we only need to take the necessary steps however small to completing our goals.

I know the day will come when I will be able to quit my 9-5 job and focus fully on Fiverr. This mental seed has already been planted in my mind like so many of you. All that’s needed now is to believe in the dream and nourish it daily in thoughts and actions.

We are already in the right place, the tools are already provided and there is no time like NOW.

Reply to @deannabalestra: Im just like you, i got my own business and as soon as i gave more attention i started getting more and more sales which got me pretty busy for my own main work, i think if i do a better time planning i can do both and it would so help so much to keep a steady income from fiverr, but i wouldn’t quit my job for fiverr thouh

• 2 weeks later...

Good for you! 😉 I have noted your gig as something I may want to use at some point in the not too distant future. I guess I am different to most folks on Fiverr as my job and my Fiver work are aspects of the same thing. I make a living via my creativity. Fiverr means I can start to fill the gaps in between ‘real life’ projects with some fun, unpressured work and earn a little bit too.

Archived