Dear Buyers,

matrixdevuk

Dear Buyers,

Please do not buy a gig without reading its description. Sellers here will try to please you most of the time; but often you’ll leave a bad review. There’s usually a message in the description saying “contact before buying”. READ THE DESCRIPTION.

I’ve just had yet another order in which the buyer did not read the description; I do not have time for them and will not bother trying to dedicate any time to them. They get some attitude thrown at them with a nice ignore and cancellation.

It’s not hard… just read it. Seriously.

@matrixdevuk - Most buyers on Fiverr are not on the forum.

Most buyers on Fiverr don’t even know the forum exists. lol

But… Piece of advice. Due to different languages and the nature of people… most people actually don’t read the description. And if they do read it they don’t read that much of it. Or don’t understand it due to the language barrier.

Best piece of advice. Make your gig title describe what you get for $5.00.

Don’t make it “Contact me before buying” because most people don’t read that far.

Simple. What they get for $5 bucks. And any add-ons come later in the description.

I am an Author and big Buyer for translation books into many languages. I tried Book Cover gigs with promise to be perfect, and what a joke turned out to be. I believed the guy and instead of 5 buks I sendt him 15, what I got was a joke so I cancelled it. But I told him I will work with him and supervise and just do my instruction so that he gets paid. The guy disaapeared.

Other there is a transklater from slovenia advertizing translation into Japan she is a real gayjing weib. Beware of this picsa.

Other is a turkish weib von Munchen advertizing as translater into german and turkish. Totally unreliable $%^&*(.

So the bad slotxkies that do not perform ruining the reputation of the good ones.

This is not the buyers fault, but the Sellers…

S o Buyers beware of Rubbish as they will cost you lots of time = $$$$$$

Juan

It’s not just some buyers that don’t read. Some sellers don’t, either.

I’m brand new here. I’ve contacted a few designers, and I wrote to them all describing what I was after, why I though they could produce it, and asking if the project I was proposing suited them. Long story short, one fellow wrote back after I’d bought his gig, asking questions that were answered in my first message. He probably just scanned rather than read it. As you can imagine, I’m not expecting great things and I’m glad I’ll only be out around $30. Another designer, however, seems very attentive and I have a feeling that I’ll like his designs and that I’ll be using him in the future.

So sellers have to pay attention, too. You may get the money for the first gig, but it’ll cost you in the long run when you lose out on repeat business.

Reply to @tallong: Believe me; the majority of the sellers read it. Do 90% of them care what you want? Nope. It’s sellers like me that want notice so we can give the best product. Look at my reviews for example. I earned them by dedicating ‘x’ amount of time to them and only them. All my content is original (that being code) and their issues have been resolved and possibly even future-proofed.

I hate it when they’re in it for the money rather than a nice time with the clients and a bit of fun.

Sellers!!!

I contacted probably 50 Sellers to get the feel for the task.

I received so much garbage, that is not funy. For example there is a guy advertising translation into arabic and wanted $9,600 Dollars for the translation 2 cents a word. I told him forget it, than he comes back to negotiate. I told him the translation is already assigned. he was surprise.

I told him also he was thinking that he was the only sheikh in the bazaar.

I found a good Seller 1 gig = 1,000 words.

Juan

:))

Sellers,

The guy could not take me for a ride, now is sent me a message: " do not write me.

I suggested to him to go and ride a “Camel” as this sounds like his forte. What a "Joker"

To all the seller: Provide a good work and we as Buyers will appreciate it with tips.

Keep up with good works.

Juan

Juan,

lajospro said: she is a real gayjing weib. Beware of this picsa

lajospro said: he was thinking that he was the only sheikh in the bazaar

lajospro said: I suggested to him to go and ride a "Camel" as this sounds like his forte

You know, you are trying really hard with these "incredibly hilarious" ethnic jokes. Ha. Ok, I laughed for you, you can stop now.

Guest suefair48

Communication is key. I have some buyers who don’t read the gig and I typically will give them a short synopsis and then ask them to “read the gig description for full details”. It hasn’t hurt me to communicate a bit back and forth and usually results in a sale AND repeat customers. Customer service is still important even on the internet. :)>-

It’s not that hard to give some details either 🙂 I totally agree with suefair48. Not only do I consider customer service the next important thing after the work quality, but it can also make your job more interesting and less boring. It’s nice to be nice 🙂

(Yes, I had bad experiences too and guess what, they all started from poor communication, no matter which side).

Serllers,

there are bunch of con artist translate, that trying their best to take for a “RIDE”. They advertise translations.

You buy their gigs and than they do a google translation and bingo 10 minutes done $50.- earned. They thinking that as you will not proof read it time passed, they keep your money and you got fu#$%^&* out of your Dollars.

I have people accepted and I am working with them. One guy from Italy David did a Good performance and I highly recommend him.

In the next posting I will post all the scamers name, so that people will avoid them!!!

Juan

Hi all. As a new potential buyer who has not ordered a gig, I would like help on a lot of projects. I have a project that I have been messaging a seller about. Just checking the forums before I push the order button. Any advice would be great. I am looking for logos, cover art and web design btw if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

Reply to @lajospro: A scammer cannot necessarily be avoided, as most are quite elusive. However as mrproofreading suggested, place small $5 orders after doing your research.

Some Sellers offer one thing for one price, where there are others who provide the same service with additions for a similar price/less/not too much more.

But before anything, do your personal research; then based on reviews and their portfolio select your Seller.

Take time to message them prior to ordering to ensure you are both on the same page and test their willingness to provide the desired service.

Hope that helps 🙂

I read the complain by the Sellers, that no orders???

That is because many Sellers think that the Buyers are stupid and they can be taken for a ride. I have been there.

Just now a Seller by Banky tried her luck. It did not worked, so she replied “Yeah” I asked her what that means???

She also disappeared as fart in the wind…

Archived