Account versus devices

jewel0191

Question

20 answers to this question

3 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Nopes, all of you will lose your accounts. Its a violation of TOS.

It's actually allowed as far as I am aware. You can have multiple accounts in the same household, share the same WiFi and even use the same computer. When I got married and my wife wanted to create an account, I reached out to customer support for clarification, and they confirmed that multiple accounts on the same device are not an issue -- as long as both accounts are selling in different categories and follow all TOS.

My personal analysis:
Fiverr's algorithm is very smart and can easily identify if both accounts are handled by a single individual or two people -- probably based on how you press keystrokes and move your mouse (or there may be other factors as well, as websites can track you in thousands of ways).

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Up 2
  • Support 1
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, jewel0191 said:

There are two Fiverr account holders at my home, but we have only one desktop computer. Should we do work together in one device?

Yes, allowed but only if both individuals are selling different services in different categories and follow all TOS.

• Like 12
  • Support 1

26 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

It's actually allowed as far as I am aware. You can have multiple accounts in the same household, share the same WiFi and even use the same computer. When I got married and my wife wanted to create an account, I reached out to customer support for clarification, and they confirmed that multiple accounts on the same device are not an issue -- as long as both accounts are selling in different categories and follow all TOS.

My personal analysis:
Fiverr's algorithm is very smart and can easily identify if both accounts are handled by a single individual or two people -- probably based on how you press keystrokes and move your mouse (or there may be other factors as well, as websites can track you in thousands of ways).

Thanks a lot! I'm understood indeed about some Fiverr rules.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

It's actually allowed as far as I am aware. You can have multiple accounts in the same household, share the same WiFi and even use the same computer. When I got married and my wife wanted to create an account, I reached out to customer support for clarification, and they confirmed that multiple accounts on the same device are not an issue -- as long as both accounts are selling in different categories and follow all TOS

2 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Fiverr CS told me the same @rawque_gulia received. My husband and I have Fiverr accounts, but we offer different services without issues.

As you both stated that it's not an issue. So isn't it a bit risky to have a multiple accounts open in one device? Especially, with Fiverr Algorithm and the AI which is considered smart, but in some cases it's not. 

At least, for those who have Fiverr accounts in the same household will use their own mobile device to communicate with customers, deliver work (I assume that it's not convinient), and use the computer only for working. It's safer.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, michmikaia said:

As you both stated that it's not an issue. So isn't it a bit risky to have a multiple accounts open in one device? Especially, with Fiverr Algorithm and the AI which is considered smart, but in some cases it's not. 

This is what I think:

The algorithm is pretty smart and knows what it is doing. We think there are a lot of false positives (looking at forum posts), but in actuality, there may be far fewer. No one will come and say that they got banned for TOS violations. People will always blame the algorithm in the hope that they will be unbanned. So, we can never know the actual data on how many false positives the algorithm is generating.

But if customer support is giving an official confirmation, I do not see it as a problem.

And to the people who are laughing above, probably unaware of the technical aspects :-

image.png.3f8e1480da5329bdde9002b67dfb3259.png

Edited by rawque_gulia
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

My personal analysis:

It could just be based on 1) Cookies and 2) Whether Fiverr was asked/told before it was done about multiple users using the accounts and Fiverr confirmed it was okay and 3) the categories.

Though I hadn't heard that it was okay to have multiple accounts on the same device before (same internet would be okay - if different categories are used). Maybe it will also depend on if it's the same Windows Login/Browser login/user. If it's a different windows/chrome user then the cookie should be more separate.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Up 4

On 7/31/2024 at 2:00 PM, jewel0191 said:

There are two Fiverr account holders at my home, but we have only one desktop computer. Should we do work together in one device?

I'm still unsure if it's possible to use multiple accounts on the same device. How would you manage two accounts on the same device? For instance, if one person works for 12 hours and then the other person switches to another account for next 12 hours, how would that work? What happens if one person is working on orders and the second person has to wait to work on theirs?

If both accounts receive orders that need to be completed within the next 24 hours, and each order requires 12-14 hours of work, how would you manage this situation?

These are some questions that come to mind when considering the use of two accounts on one device/PC.

Edited by wordpresssp
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, wordpresssp said:

How would you manage two accounts on the same device? For instance, if one person works for 12 hours and then the other person switches to another account for next 12 hours, how would that work? What happens if one person is working on orders and the second person has to wait to work on theirs?

If both accounts receive orders that need to be completed within the next 24 hours, and each order requires 12-14 hours of work, how would you manage this situation?

True, but the chance of this scenario happening is very small.

The trend today is that new sellers get almost no orders because there are simply too many sellers and because there are fewer buyers than before.

We also see that Fiverr refuses new seller accounts more than before. Fiver knows very well that most of these new sellers do not have enough knowledge in their "fictional or not" field. And then we are not even talking about their language skills, studies, portfolio, or the ability to even create a gig description without ChatGPT. Fiverr focuses more and more on the PRO sellers who generate more profit for Fiverr with 1 order than a dozen of 5$ or $10 gig sellers.

If Fiverr discovers 2 accounts working from the same computer and there is a slight deviation from the TOS, Fiverr will delete the accounts. The chances are that they are accounts with $5 or $10 gigs, so Fiverr won't lose any sleep over it.

• Like 7
  • Support 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

If Fiverr discovers 2 accounts working from the same computer and there is a slight deviation from the TOS, Fiverr will delete the accounts. The chances are that they are accounts with $5 or $10 gigs, so Fiverr won't lose any sleep over it.

Yes, it's better to avoid operating multiple accounts on one device to minimize risks. If an issue arises,  might have to wait in a long queue for customer support, and the final decision is uncertain.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

On 7/31/2024 at 3:10 PM, priyank_mod said:

Nopes, all of you will lose your accounts. Its a violation of TOS.

But, how come suddenly 3 people have accounts in the same household?? 

Please share your knowledge and experience about this. Many of us shared their knowledge and experience that's really helpful. Thank you

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, nionkhan2020 said:

No, I didn't say it entirely from assume. 

As this part is totally controlled by AI so I said it for safe use. As per TOS we all know we can use same device in different category but it is very risky for all three users for one device. Yes, I assume that in the future, there could be a possible risk. That's why I mentioned it for safe use.

Denial.jpg

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, jewel0191 said:

Using a single device for multiple accounts is not possible, and there is a strong chance of getting banned.

• Like 9

21 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

So can we assume that this is what happened with your second account?

No, I didn't say it entirely from assume. 

As this part is totally controlled by AI so I said it for safe use. As per TOS we all know we can use same device in different category but it is very risky for all three users for one device. Yes, I assume that in the future, there could be a possible risk. That's why I mentioned it for safe use.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1