ABUSIVE LANGUAGE BY THE BUYER ON FIVERR

Can fiverr community and the service centre help me understand that how is it allowed to use such kind of language on fiverr? And why is it not marked as inappropriate when the buyer tries to send it. And on top of it after using foul language Fiverr goes ahead and marks their dispute as acceptable and retracts their money from my balance. Shame! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

I doubt if texts written in cancellation requests get scanned like inbox texts. And even for inbox, it depends if the aforementioned abusive word is a blacklisted word or not. 

You need to manually report it to support by raising a ticket. 

Also, I guess buyer's account is already disabled by Fiverr.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

23 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

I doubt if texts written in cancellation requests get scanned like inbox texts. And even for inbox, it depends if the aforementioned abusive word is a blacklisted word or not. 

You need to manually report it to support by raising a ticket. 

Also, I guess buyer's account is already disabled by Fiverr.

I wonder how in general using this language is okay on any side of fiverr. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, emonbain said:

I think you need to contact Fiverr support manually😒

Fiverr support works in the favor of buyers. This is not the first time it happened with me. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, nidashaikh9 said:

I wonder how in general using this language is okay on any side of fiverr. 

No, it is NEVER ok for anyone to use abusive or even informal language. I'm sorry that he used profanity. 

2 minutes ago, nidashaikh9 said:

Fiverr support works in the favor of buyers. This is not the first time it happened with me.

I agree but in this case you have legit reasons. 

Also, since the buyer has been threatening too - you do have a strong case. Just be concise and effective with details while raising the ticket. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

20 hours ago, nidashaikh9 said:

Can fiverr community and the service centre help me understand that how is it allowed to use such kind of language on fiverr? And why is it not marked as inappropriate when the buyer tries to send it. And on top of it after using foul language Fiverr goes ahead and marks their dispute as acceptable and retracts their money from my balance. Shame! 

Whatever may have happened, no one can talk to you in this language, you are also a human being and you also have your own self-respect.

I think you should talk directly to the Fiverr support team OR @Lena Mam
they will take some serious action

• Like 5
  • Up 1

This is shameful.

It probably went undetected. Make sure to alert customer support, your success manager — if applicable and, let's try the Fiverr staff that is here on the forum like @Kesha, @Lena, @milos_siena. Let's see what happens.

And @nidashaikh9, I am sorry to see all this abuse with foul language and metaphysical threats. I hope this is resolved, and the user gets banned for good.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Hello @nidashaikh9 

Have you reported this kind of behavior to our Customer Support? I couldn't find the ticket if you did. If you didn't, please report it by sending an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots. I had to remove them from your post as it is against our Guidelines. 

Abusive behavior is not allowed on Fiverr and we strongly advise all users to report it immediately to the CS. All members of the Fiverr Forum Community can send me a message if they experience this kind of behavior. 

• Like 3
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Lena said:

All members of the Fiverr Forum Community can send me a message if they experience this kind of behavior. 

What if there's a gig on Fiverr that uses the same b* word that was mentioned in the post (when it isn't being used in the non-offensive meaning)? Shouldn't Fiver be checking gig descriptions for certain terms (maybe checking the context used rather than individual words if possible, eg. they could do that with AI but that might be slower to check)?

• Like 2
  • Up 1

22 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

What if there's a gig on Fiverr that uses the same b* word that was mentioned in the post (when it isn't being used in the non-offensive meaning)? Shouldn't Fiver be checking gig descriptions for certain terms (maybe checking the context used rather than individual words if possible, eg. they could do that with AI but that might be slower to check)?

Hi @uk1000 

If such Gigs exist, they should be reported. I am not sure how that would work with AI, but I will gladly forward your idea to our team.

Thank you for the valuable suggestion. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

On 7/8/2024 at 12:41 PM, Lena said:

Hello @nidashaikh9 

Have you reported this kind of behavior to our Customer Support? I couldn't find the ticket if you did. If you didn't, please report it by sending an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots. I had to remove them from your post as it is against our Guidelines. 

Abusive behavior is not allowed on Fiverr and we strongly advise all users to report it immediately to the CS. All members of the Fiverr Forum Community can send me a message if they experience this kind of behavior. 

Abusive behaviour is not allowed on fiverr and yet it gets unncoticed for such a long time. When they use it at the resolution page Fiverr asks for a comment to be added of why they are disputing the order and they ask a comment from us as to why we are rejecting the resolution. So please enlighten me, nobody is reading those comments from fiverr service centre? They are using absuive language in the comment "asked by fiverr" and yet it gets ignored and fiverr accepts her claim for dispute and gives her the money back for the orders that was marked as complete by her own self (the buyer). Please Please correct me If I am wrong. Because she did three orders with me and she claimed money for two of the orders which was marked as complete. Fiverr transferred the money from my balance and marked those orders as cancelled. And the cancelled orders affected my delivery rate and eventually my ranking. I raised a ticket to not let the faulty buyers affect my rating and again see attached of the reply I got from support centre. That they cannot help me with this chargeback. And while douglas was checking the dispute did he not see the abusive language? Or he just decided to ignore it. "THEY WERE COMPLETED ORDERS WITH 5 STAR REVIEW". And then she has the audacity to abuse me and leave with my money and the work I did. Why? Because Fiverr supported her in this claim. 

01.png

• Like 3

On 7/8/2024 at 2:31 PM, Lena said:

Hi @uk1000 

If such Gigs exist, they should be reported. I am not sure how that would work with AI, but I will gladly forward your idea to our team.

Thank you for the valuable suggestion. 

I was in this situation in 2022 and it still bothers me as to how some fraud buyers on the platform can destroy someone's choice of being an independent business person/freelancer and monetise their skills. Hence I decided to raise this topic here at the forum again. Because when I raised a ticket or a post it never got the response. But now I am glad looking at how my fellow freelancers are equally agitated at this behavior. Sometimes we forget that we are not obliged for someone's disrespectful behavior because they are paying us for a job. I was a consistent good service provider and had recurring clients until this incident. So, I wanted to bring this topic to light again so that none of the other truthful service provider on this platform fall for a behavior or scam like this. 

• Like 3
  • Up 2

This is how Fiverr Service centre helps. Read through the whole thread and understand for yourselves. @Lena Please read this. They wanted me to cancel the order bearing in mind that this action will release the payment to the fraud. No mention of what action they took. and how they will safeguard the website in the best of our interests. Which is to not get abused for truthful work. 

• Like 1

Hello @nidashaikh9 

I had to edit your posts as it goes against Forum Guidelines. 

From the tickets, I can see that your Order Completion Rate was not affected and that the Buyer was removed from the Fiverr platform. As for the compensation, that is not something I can discuss as it is done by our dedicated department and I do not have an insight into their work. 

I understand that you still feel concerned after 2 years, but this issue has been resolved then and there. 

Thank you once again for wanting to alert our members and for giving them a heads-up advising them to be more cautious.

• Like 1

• Lena locked this topic