How are you feeling? What are your plans for the summer?

katakatica

I know... I know, it's been a while. I think I can speak for a lot of us that things have been, well, a bit rough.

But... the sun is starting to shine more (it's a whopping 4 degrees Celsius outside!) and the days ARE longer so I felt like it's time to check in with everyone!

As always, let's start with me! My summer is going to be filled with some really fun/interesting things that I won't quite spoil yet, but if you like cosy fantasy (and puzzles) maaayybe you might get to read something fun. Sometime this year. Maybe.

Oh, and of course:

What's the 1 thing you're proud of this spring so far?

• Like 22
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, mamunislam85 said:

There are no advantages but mosquitos and electricity are burning a lot and it has become a big problem for our work so far these problems have not been solved. Bangladesh has a temperature of about 39° Celsius.

So this is your plan for summer?

• Like 14

1 hour ago, graphicdone1 said:

It's better to stay inside! and enjoy doing some of your favorite things.

Too hot in some countries to go outside after morning till evening.

From where I'm from, the winter is the same - October-March we have darkness (not total, but often from around 2PM to 8/9AM the next day. In the summer, the weather here is usually quite mild. So for me, I'll be going out a lot more than before and soaking in what little sun we get!

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, katakatica said:

From where I'm from, the winter is the same - October-March we have darkness (not total, but often from around 2PM to 8/9AM the next day. In the summer, the weather here is usually quite mild. So for me, I'll be going out a lot more than before and soaking in what little sun we get!

Then it's ok for you🙂

I guess you are from one of the northern countries; if so you have opportunity to enjoy northern lights🤩

• Like 12

I went out into the world yesterday and noticed that people were so warm and receptive, maybe because we had two hours of clear skies after it being cloudy for what feels like months. It's still crisp here in Hawaii, and there's snow on our tallest peaks. I don't so much look forward to summer, though, as it means I bake myself if in a padded room for a few hours a day and mosquitos are out full force.

I look forward to getting my garden out of pots and into the ground. A crew of guys with a jack hammer and the largest compressor I've ever seen are about to arrive for the second day of breaking lava rock in order to install a fence to keep the wild pigs and dogs out. I can grow more than kale, basil, thyme and onions without mammalian destruction!

• Like 10
  • Up 1

I'm publishing a novel in a new series in about a month, so that's fun.

I'm also moving house this summer -- finally! -- which is not fun at all. Not only is moving stressful, but having to go Out of Office on Fiverr is stressful, too. Who knows what will happen?

• Like 6
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, melanielm said:

but having to go Out of Office on Fiverr is stressful, too. Who knows what will happen?

Melanie, just increase your delivery times. OOO can be extremely bad sometimes. 

• Like 7

As for how I'm feeling... Well... (In a rushed, venting voice/tone:)

I very nearly quit my day-job last Tues, because my boss reprimanded me rather harshly because I forgot the instructions he gave concerning one of our A/R that was giving us trouble. The weekend just before that some of my family visited, one of whom I hadn't seen since before the 2020 lockdown and the other only once since then and only for a very quick two days, and while the visit went great, we ended up at our decided point of interest for their trip right before it closed, so didn't get to see it because they closed the gate early, and I was the one to do most of the many hours of driving over the span of three days. And there was the week before the visit, which was stressful due to preparing for the sudden visit, because I'd gotten less than a week's notice that they were coming.

So, how am I? Stressed. Recovering. 

As for summer plans, none yet. Though next week (still spring, so doesn't count) thinking of going to the NC Pickle Festival, weather pending. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

On 4/16/2024 at 3:35 PM, mamunislam85 said:

There are no advantages but mosquitos and electricity are burning a lot and it has become a big problem for our work so far these problems have not been solved. Bangladesh has a temperature of about 39° Celsius.

It's 40 now and feel 43

• Like 6