Buyer keeps sending me revisions indefinitely

it_geek_

Question

Hello,

I've been working on Fiverr since 2022, and everything's been smooth sailing with my buyers and their orders until now. My latest buyer is really giving me a headache. He keeps asking for more revisions on his completed work, and he's doing it in a way that's causing me trouble.

Here's the thing: I'm online quite a bit, but he never messages me or denies my revisions when I'm around. Instead, he waits until I'm offline, then he sends these revision requests and messages. It's like he's timing them right before the order is about to be auto-completed.

I'm at my wit's end here. I need some advice on how to handle this situation. Can I edit the order to put a limit on the number of revisions? Or can I start charging for these extra revisions he's asking for now? When I made the custom offer, I didn't specify any limit on revisions—I attached an image of that below. Could that be why he can ask for endless revisions?
Can Resolution Center help me set a revision limit or let me charge for all these extra revisions he's piling on?

Your help would be super valuable to me. I just want to sort this out and move on. Thanks a ton for your time.image.png.c588a488da4f2835a6ac92656b7f1d24.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 answers to this question

HI @it_geek_,

Sorry to read about this experience, especially since you just want to be done with this order and move on to the next one.

In this case, I recommend contacting our Customer Support team and explaining the situation.

You can open a ticket Here or send an email to support@fiverr.com.

Hope this helps 🍀

• Like 3
  • Up 1

22 hours ago, it_geek_ said:

Hello,

I've been working on Fiverr since 2022, and everything's been smooth sailing with my buyers and their orders until now. My latest buyer is really giving me a headache. He keeps asking for more revisions on his completed work, and he's doing it in a way that's causing me trouble.

Here's the thing: I'm online quite a bit, but he never messages me or denies my revisions when I'm around. Instead, he waits until I'm offline, then he sends these revision requests and messages. It's like he's timing them right before the order is about to be auto-completed.

I'm at my wit's end here. I need some advice on how to handle this situation. Can I edit the order to put a limit on the number of revisions? Or can I start charging for these extra revisions he's asking for now? When I made the custom offer, I didn't specify any limit on revisions—I attached an image of that below. Could that be why he can ask for endless revisions?
Can Resolution Center help me set a revision limit or let me charge for all these extra revisions he's piling on?

Your help would be super valuable to me. I just want to sort this out and move on. Thanks a ton for your time.image.png.c588a488da4f2835a6ac92656b7f1d24.png

Relax, you are in a good place. Because you did not select any revisions in the screenshot, that means that there are no revisions included in your gig.  Therefore you are expected to charge for any additional revisions after initial delivery, unless you made an error and left out part which was to be included. 

All you need to do is reply something like, "Sure, that revision will cost..."  And quote him a price. Occasionally someone will balk, but that's when you have to point out that your gig does not include revisions. 

Often people make the mistake of thinking that because buyers can request revisions, that you must do them for free.  This is absolutely not the case, and I believe a symptom of sellers who are afraid to tell anyone no, for fear of a bad review. You are only obligated to do the number included in the gig for free.  Then charge for each one thereafter. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

Buyers can ask for revisions, regardless the number of revisions you offer. If you think you are not "fixing" a thing, and the buyer is asking unnecessary revisions which are completely irrelevant to the initial requirements, you may politely explain the buyer and ask extra for extra revisions. Your communications should be smooth enough, or the buyer will leave a negative review.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, it_geek_ said:

Thank you for your valuable insight😍 but how can i charge for extra revisions he ask.there's no option in my order. I even went to the resolution center, but no option is showing .

It is on the order page below text input box.

image.png.74ea61bb785b8ab89a244480584abd28.png

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Just now, it_geek_ said:

Thank you for the tip. But if i use this option, he can still ask for free revisions right? 

You're missing the point on what others have also advised you. 

You need to ASK TO BE PAID for extra revisions. Specify clearly how many revisions you're charging him for and after this if buyer requires more revisions, they need to pay you again. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, it_geek_ said:

No I am afraid because that buyer could give me a bad review and i have never come across such a rude person. So a simple no can be affect hugely in my fiverr carrier. There are some people we cannot reason with. I think he is one of them.

That's what I said, fear of saying no is a problem for a business person to have. What if you ran a restaurant, this guy orders an huge meal then says $200 in cocktails that he drank should be free.  Would you say OK?  You would be out of business quickly. You are worried about appearing rude to someone who is trying to steal from you. He can have his revisions, but why would you feel that he can bully you into doing them for free?

He's trying to steal from you, and he knows you are afraid of a bad review, so he is making you go through all this anxiety. You have to either learn to say no, or get used to being bullied into doing free work. Personally, I'd take the bad review (and have) rather than let someone treat me like that. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

Clearly this is a Fiverr problem, I know that everyone advises not to be afraid of the "bad review" and to set limits and charge extra, but why should I damage my rating for this client? If a revision limit is established in the packages or personalized offers from the beginning, why does Fiverr still leave the "request revision" button active after the amount offered has run out? It is assumed that part of being on a digital platform where I pay 20% of my income, it should automatically function as a mediator, it should have a solid infrastructure where contracts are respected, and although the button will remain active, then it should Sending a notice to the client that this extra revision will cost money... I think this would be easier and fairer for everyone, clients and sellers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, it_geek_ said:

¿Alguien puede responder a esta pregunta: ¿  cuál es el tiempo máximo que puedo conservar esta revisión sin entregarla? ¿El comprador cancelará el pedido si no lo entrego dentro de un tiempo determinado? ¿Puede cancelar el pedido por su parte sin obtener mi aprobación cuando no le proporciono una revisión? He hecho mi trabajo y está realmente bien hecho, así que no quiero que se escape sin pagarme. 

I don't know how long you can keep the revision, but you must answer something at least or the platform will understand that you are the one who "isn't responding." Yes, the buyer can cancel the order without your consent... I think you should contact support immediately so that they can give you a solution that does not leave you without payment or affects your ratings as little as possible.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, creativecolumn said:

Buyers can ask for revisions, regardless the number of revisions you offer. If you think you are not "fixing" a thing, and the buyer is asking unnecessary revisions which are completely irrelevant to the initial requirements, you may politely explain the buyer and ask extra for extra revisions. Your communications should be smooth enough, or the buyer will leave a negative review.

Thank you for the valuable suggestion. if i use the extra option, then will the buyer still be able to ask for unlimited revisions instead of accepting the extra? or does he needs to pay for asking for revisions when i use the extra?

• Like 2

Thank you for the valuable suggestion. if i use the extra option, then will the buyer still be able to ask for unlimited revisions instead of accepting the extra? or does he needs to pay for asking for revisions when i use the extra?

Buyer can still ask for revisions. 😐

• Like 2

On 3/12/2024 at 10:09 AM, newsmike said:

Relax, you are in a good place. Because you did not select any revisions in the screenshot, that means that there are no revisions included in your gig.  Therefore you are expected to charge for any additional revisions after initial delivery, unless you made an error and left out part which was to be included. 

All you need to do is reply something like, "Sure, that revision will cost..."  And quote him a price. Occasionally someone will balk, but that's when you have to point out that your gig does not include revisions. 

Often people make the mistake of thinking that because buyers can request revisions, that you must do them for free.  This is absolutely not the case, and I believe a symptom of sellers who are afraid to tell anyone no, for fear of a bad review. You are only obligated to do the number included in the gig for free.  Then charge for each one thereafter. 

Thank you for your valuable insight😍 but how can i charge for extra revisions he ask.there's no option in my order. I even went to the resolution center, but no option is showing .I am in huge pain about this deal.even when i cancelled it,buyer can still give me a bad review right.There are some people in this world who can't be reason with and who are mean.i think this buyer is one of them.I am not discriminating anyone,but it's the sad truth about him 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

It is on the order page below text input box.

image.png.74ea61bb785b8ab89a244480584abd28.png

Thank you for the tip. But if i use this option, he can still ask for free revisions right? 

• Like 2

Just now, priyank_mod said:

You're missing the point on what others have also advised you. 

You need to ASK TO BE PAID for extra revisions. Specify clearly how many revisions you're charging him for and after this if buyer requires more revisions, they need to pay you again. 

Yeah you are telling the truth. But this buyer is a really trouble making one.i have never seen anyone in my entire freelancing career. But He can still skip the extras option that i am asking right? What happens if i do not provide him any revisions, will the order be cancelled by him without my approval. I don't want him to be escaped without paying me.I've done my job and I need it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, newsmike said:

No, it's not unfair. You have the answer, but you have to not be afraid to tell someone a simple "no." 

No I am afraid because that buyer could give me a bad review and i have never come across such a rude person. So a simple no can be affect hugely in my fiverr carrier. There are some people we cannot reason with. I think he is one of them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, newsmike said:

That's what I said, fear of saying no is a problem for a business person to have. What if you ran a restaurant, this guy orders an huge meal then says $200 in cocktails that he drank should be free.  Would you say OK?  You would be out of business quickly. You are worried about appearing rude to someone who is trying to steal from you. He can have his revisions, but why would you feel that he can bully you into doing them for free?

He's trying to steal from you, and he knows you are afraid of a bad review, so he is making you go through all this anxiety. You have to either learn to say no, or get used to being bullied into doing free work. Personally, I'd take the bad review (and have) rather than let someone treat me like that. 

Yeah,i will directly ask him to approve the job and say no more revisions! I am tired of this you know.one last question, so what happens when he refuses to approve and keeps sending revisions again? even if i offer extras (which that troublemaker will definitely do)

• Like 1

can anyone please answere this question: what is the maximum time duration that i can keep this revision without delivering? will order be cancelled by the buyer if i do not deliver within certain time? can he cancel order from his end without getting approval from me when i do not provide him a revision?  I have done my work and It is really done good, So i don't want him to escape without paying me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaretuz said:

I don't know how long you can keep the revision, but you must answer something at least or the platform will understand that you are the one who "isn't responding." Yes, the buyer can cancel the order without your consent... I think you should contact support immediately so that they can give you a solution that does not leave you without payment or affects your ratings as little as possible.

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Yeah,i will directly ask him to approve the job and say no more revisions! I am tired of this you know.one last question, so what happens when he refuses to approve and keeps sending revisions again? even if i offer extras (which that troublemaker will definitely do)

I would advise against that. If you say "no more revisions." then he can make the case that you would not complete his job to satisfaction.  The point is not to refuse to do revisions, the point it to do as many as he wants, charging him for each one. That way you are allowing him to complete his project, but retaining your integrity to be paid as you should be. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, it_geek_ said:

There are some people we cannot reason with. I think he is one of them.

As you already realized 'we can not resonate with some people"! what if the buyer still gives you a bad review next? We have to encounter such disadvantages as a seller and have to accept it. But I believe this won't hold up your success! Just ask a fair price for more revisions as people suggested above.

• Like 2