Jump to content

Note to Buyers: AI Content Detectors are Not Accurate


russflex

Recommended Posts

I have provided human-written content to buyers on Fiverr for over 10 years. But now, this AI phenomenon is destroying the businesses of honest writers like myself. Buyers now like to use AI detectors to test my work to see if it is AI generated content. For some reason, these AI detectors usually claim that 30% to 50% of my work is AI generated, even though it should be 0%. These AI detection companies even have negative reviews on Trustpilot for their inaccuracies, but that isn't always good enough to convince buyers. 

Have any other writers gone through similar experiences?

  • Like 65
  • Sad 7
  • Up 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, russflex said:

Have any other writers gone through similar experiences?

Obviously. And it will continue. Some trust the reviews of a seller. But there are some people that instead of saying HI, they just ask me if I use AI. That's quite insulting from my perspective, because it's not a conversation, it's just starting with the worst assumption. Even if I always want to help everyone if I can, the reality is that people who start with AI questions are usually very hard to work with. And the funny thing is they don't really tell you what tool they are using, they just use the AI "reason" as a way to ask for a refund. 

So yeah, it obviously happens quite a lot throughougt the writing category. And unfortunately there's not a whole lot we can do.

  • Like 55
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes. It seems to claim AI-generation if you use big words or complex sentence structure, which is ridiculous.

The most aggravating thing about this whole change is that most people don't understand it. Buyers can't recognize issues on their own without relying on highly faulty tools

  • Like 36
  • Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, melanielm said:

The most aggravating thing about this whole change is that most people don't understand it. Buyers can't recognize issues on their own without relying on highly faulty tools

And even then, they rely on random tools without telling you what to search with. I am fine with a person asking for a specific tool, if they tell me what tool to use and stuff like that. I don't like being accused of AI when I clearly don't use any AI for my work and I take pride in that. However, especially at lower prices, a LOT of buyers come with the AI assumption right out of the gate. If thousands of reviews don't mean anything for that person and they still have trust issues, and they don't tell me what tool they are using, then no thank you 🙂

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 41
  • Sad 3
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 12/12/2023 at 8:38 AM, creative_howl said:

Why not use an AI Detector yourself to check your content and make adjustments to lower the percentage? I do this before I deliver any writing work to a client.

I tried doing that. I had one buyer who kept requesting revisions because of the AI content detection. So, I kept modifying the text in every way possible, but the AI detector was never completely satisfied. It even highlighted all the text and claimed it was likely "human-written," but then still gave a 50% AI rating. It made no sense. 

Edited by russflex
  • Like 22
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I'm an illustrator, and I'm having this same problem. I had a couple of customers complaining I was using AI, even though I made drafts, revisions, etc. I didn't even know of "detectors" till a few weeks ago, honestly, since I'm not interested in using AI. And guess what, I made a couple tests with Caravaggio, Rembrandt and other old masters painters, and most of them were flagged as AI or "likely" AI. I'm appalled. I've lost already more than half a month of revenue because of these detectors. 

  • Like 16
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Several clients have already told me they will check my work with a detector. I don't care because I don't use AI tools to write texts. However, as more and more clients are talking to me about detectors, I wanted to test what these detectors are.

I took one of my orders and ran it through several detectors (Writer, ZeroGPT, Copyleaks, Undetectable...I took the ones Google suggested to me). Some tools say my text is 100% human, others say it's 30% AI, others 95% AI, when I know it's 100% human.
They don't seem very reliable!

Do you know which detectors are reliable?

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 12/11/2023 at 11:55 AM, russflex said:

For some reason, these AI detectors usually claim that 30% to 50% of my work is AI generated, even though it should be 0%

I'm not a writer on Fiverr but I have done a lot of writing in my life - that stinks that you are having your content questioned!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2023 at 2:38 PM, creative_howl said:

Why not use an AI Detector yourself to check your content and make adjustments to lower the percentage? I do this before I deliver any writing work to a client.

You are not getting the point. If he wrote his piece completely without AI, why does he need to ask AI if his piece has AI in it? Do you wake up in the morning and ask a tool if a part of you is AI generated? 

And lets say he does ask AI and AI says 60% is AI generated, what then does he do? Ask AI to humanise his own content.

As a web designer, I write content for some of my clients pages and I just don't bother with some AI content detectors (most especially copyleaks). And that is because I know they have been programmed to pick paraphrased content and also content produced by AI with prompts to write as humanly as possible. So, when you have originally human-written content, they tend to pick it up as AI.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it always true that AI content is not accurate. 

 

On 3/1/2024 at 3:29 AM, carineb said:

Several clients have already told me they will check my work with a detector. I don't care because I don't use AI tools to write texts. However, as more and more clients are talking to me about detectors, I wanted to test what these detectors are.

I took one of my orders and ran it through several detectors (Writer, ZeroGPT, Copyleaks, Undetectable...I took the ones Google suggested to me). Some tools say my text is 100% human, others say it's 30% AI, others 95% AI, when I know it's 100% human.
They don't seem very reliable!

Do you know which detectors are reliable?

Human touch is more important after writing from AI.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same thing happened to me. The client insulted me and kept saying " I trusted you". The experience was horrible for me. So, I always give my clients an Originality ai report with the delivery to give peace to their souls. I think for now, it's the best idea for me to solve this problem.

Buy the best ai detector and provide the reports by yourself. 🙂 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alinasolov said:

You can use the artificial intelligence detector yourself to check your content and change it to reduce the percentage

And why would you need to do that unless you were trying to trick your buyers?

  • Like 4
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, emmaki said:

And why would you need to do that unless you were trying to trick your buyers?

Because the AI detectors are inaccurate as stated in this thread, and they incorrectly state that human-written things are AI generated when they're not. Altering it if the major AI detectors say it's AI would at least give the buyer more confidence in it. Maybe they could also show the buyer evidence of how the AI detectors are inaccurate.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Because the AI detectors are inaccurate as stated in this thread, and they incorrectly state that human-written things are AI generated when they're not. Altering it if the major AI detectors say it's AI would at least give the buyer more confidence in it. Maybe they could also show the buyer evidence of how the AI detectors are inaccurate.

It would be better to educate buyers on this prior to the order (or before starting work) or simply not work with them at all. This is just the latest version of the old "you plagiarized everything" trick. With the wrong sort of buyer, showing them how deftly you can lower your AI scores might as well be admitting guilt. 

Anyway, this should all become a lot easier to deal with soon, once the AI companies get their act together and start watermarking gen AI content (I may be putting to much faith in this). 

  • Like 3
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just as an idea, writers if you use a tool like Google Docs for your writing, you should be able to show the document history to the client that shows it was written over a period of time. AI text wouldn’t have that because it would be copy and pasted.

  • Like 3
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...