Note to Buyers: AI Content Detectors are Not Accurate

russflex

@uk1000, unfortunately, I'm not that tech savvy and don't myself know those things. however, I copied our inbox conversation and put it to some online AI detector which showed 'high chances' of being created through AI. 

However, I wanted to save my a** and accepted the cancellation. Didn't want the buyer to go to cs where, I might have been penalized/warned for using AI, which in fact, I didn't. 

In some cases, mental peace is more important that money. 

I also believe that the client (who was new and this was their first order on Fiverr) might have gotten my work for free! I got robbed probably. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Just this morning, I've included in the FAQ of my beta reading gig, as well as in my book report template, that I will not use AI in any way to analyse my buyer's manuscript, and that I'm committed to using only my human judgement. Waiting to see how that pans out in respect to building trust.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

One point to add is that the more structured your content is, the more likely it is to be detected as AI. This is quite unavoidable if the content requires a list of points, features, steps, etc.

In addition to that, as an Arabic/English content writer, most of the tools that claim to be optimized for Arabic are simply listing it there as if nobody will check. It becomes my word against an established, fancy-looking tool online. This becomes a real challenge to convince new clients of the quality they are getting when they hire a native Arabic speaker. AI has a long way to go to be fully optimized for Arabic.

• Like 1