What qualities do you value in a seller?

Kesha

Getting a new customer is often more expensive and difficult than retaining one who has already done business with you. For that reason, it is important that once a new customer is acquired, business owners do their best to provide an exceptional experience that will inspire customers to return.

With that said, for those who have purchased a service on Fiverr, what are some of the key things you consider when deciding whether or not a seller will secure your repeat business?

• Like 12
  • Up 1

• Kesha changed the title to What qualities do you value in a seller?

The best sellers are passionate about what they do. You can simply feel it in the way they interact with you and what they deliver. There's nothing better than a seller who truly cares.

Another important thing is that they're honest and communicate clearly if there's something they don't understand or if they need more time to finish the job. 

• Like 9
  • Up 10

Whether they do their service at the price they say in their gig / gig package (that it's not misleading and they won't be asking a higher price for something their gig page says should be done for less).

That they won't keep asking for a review or keep asking to complete the order. That they won't keep asking for more orders/work even if you'd said you'd let them know if you needed that service again.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 7
  • Up 5

As well as everything that's been mentioned above, what I value above anything else is trustworthiness.   I want to be able to land on a profile and believe everything a freelancer says based on what they write and what I see.  Most of us that have been here a long time can see the gigs that stick out like a sore thumb straight away, For example

1) A digital marketing gig that has no orders after 12 months, yet they claim to have a captive audience of millions worldwide. 

2) A freelancer that has gigs littered with spelling errors, yet scores 10/10 in the English Language test 

3) A freelancer that uses stock images or templates as if they were their own, thinking that no one will realise

4) A freelancer that makes outrageous claims about their own abilities. i.e. I designed the KFC Logo

5) A freelancer that lies about the qualifications they hold

The list goes on.    So, if I can spot them, and my peers can spot them, then so will any potential customers, and this brings the whole quality and integrity of the platform into question.

I have to be able to believe what I see in order to buy a gig from you!

So prove to me through your gig description, your gig images and your experience, that you can deliver exactly what you're claiming to do.

• Like 7
  • Up 14

Oh, I so wish I could link the old "V.I.D. Spotlight" threads here! They were an excellent resource for exactly this question when new sellers asked it. Sadly, they were lost to the category rework.

Edit: Did find this:
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/174465-buyers-of-fiverr-what-are-you-looking-for-when-looking-for-a-potential-seller/ 

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 9
  • Up 1

Communication and iteration.
There are sellers who show me bits and pieces of their work as they go, and those who don't.
Those who do are far more likely to get the delivery correct because I have more chances to point out things they missed before we get to the revisions countdown. Their corrections tend to be bigger and more accurate than those who try to adapt a final product into the right shape, and they only get closer rather than dead on.
As a result, the ones keeping me updated and showing me things are more likely to get more repeat business from me.

• Like 7

On 2/29/2024 at 2:46 PM, breals said:

As well as everything that's been mentioned above, what I value above anything else is trustworthiness.   I want to be able to land on a profile and believe everything a freelancer says based on what they write and what I see.  Most of us that have been here a long time can see the gigs that stick out like a sore thumb straight away, For example

1) A digital marketing gig that has no orders after 12 months, yet they claim to have a captive audience of millions worldwide. 

2) A freelancer that has gigs littered with spelling errors, yet scores 10/10 in the English Language test 

3) A freelancer that uses stock images or templates as if they were their own, thinking that no one will realise

4) A freelancer that makes outrageous claims about their own abilities. i.e. I designed the KFC Logo

5) A freelancer that lies about the qualifications they hold

The list goes on.    So, if I can spot them, and my peers can spot them, then so will any potential customers, and this brings the whole quality and integrity of the platform into question.

I have to be able to believe what I see in order to buy a gig from you!

So prove to me through your gig description, your gig images and your experience, that you can deliver exactly what you're claiming to do.

These are some extremely important ones. People rarely do business with those they don't trust so any indication of a lie being told can be an instant turn-off for a lot of buyers!

• Like 9

4 hours ago, moikchap said:

Communication and iteration.
There are sellers who show me bits and pieces of their work as they go, and those who don't.
Those who do are far more likely to get the delivery correct because I have more chances to point out things they missed before we get to the revisions countdown. Their corrections tend to be bigger and more accurate than those who try to adapt a final product into the right shape, and they only get closer rather than dead on.
As a result, the ones keeping me updated and showing me things are more likely to get more repeat business from me.

Thanks for sharing @moikchap! We always highly suggest to all sellers that they check in with updates at least once when possible. 

• Like 7