Your account has been flagged for a severe violation of Fiverr policies As a result, you are not able to participate in the level system.

markenbuilder

Question

Guest mattaadiii

Hi, I hope this message finds you in good health. I am also facing the same issue on my account. Does anyone have any suggestions to solve this?

56 minutes ago, emmaki said:

I was doing really well on UW before I started doing really well on Fiverr. You're right, the platform is great for est. sellers. 

But Fiverr sucked all my time up so the profile is there, looking good in terms of reviews and all that, but largely abandoned. And ugh, the job list there, never mind the connects. I do look every so often but then decide I don't want to bother. One freelance platform annoyance at a time is enough. 

Anyway, all the big successful sellers got BIG MAD there when their rates were increased from 5% to 10%. Many of them threatened to take them all off-platform using the mechanism provided, but I don't know how many actually followed through.

It's actually quite fascinating how the two biggest platforms are hostile to their top sellers, but I think it's clear to everyone reading this where the money actually is in terms of volume and cashflow and whatever. 

Apparently so. Nobody from Fiverr has come to confirm/deny yet... 

I was a UW freelancer too and I got fooled by their algorithm a few years ago.
I had a great start, got a rising talent badge and a success score of 100% almost suddenly and I got 9 clients in a few months.
Then, 2 clients out of 9 never marked the job as completed because they vanished from the platform and I kept the contract open for more than a year (closing it would have impacted my success score).
The idea was to get my 10th client and close the ongoing projects, because after 10 contracts you have the chance to mark which review you want to avoid from success score calculation and I really wanted to get rid of these 2 "no rating" works.
But having these contracts open with no money activity for their algorithm meant I wasn't helping UW gain money and they set my account on "invisible" multiple times.
The 10th client never arrived and I lost both the rising talent badge and the success score.
All of this happened because I was concerned about dropping from a 100% Success Score to a lower number. This pursuit of perfection could stress freelancers heavily so understanding that a 4.8 can bring you the same quantity of work could reduce this mental stress, which is a good thing.
The "value for money" thing seemed the biggest problem of this update, but apparently, other new issues are more concerning, such as the false positives of some legitimate accounts.
Acting well and watching your account getting flagged isn't the best feeling in the world, I guess, especially if this leads to a drop in the number of orders.
I hope they listen and they fix each problem instead of scaring these people with a bot saying "The decision is final".
Behind each account, there is a real human, not a bot, and taking care of them should be a priority for Fiverr.

56 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Apparently so. Nobody from Fiverr has come to confirm/deny yet... 

I think the verification method would be something like sending them a postcard.
"Hello CS, I'm on vacations, please don't ban me. See you!🌴🥥"

• Like 10

Today in my dashboard I notice this "Your account has been flagged for a severe violation of Fiverr policies. As a result, you are not able to participate in the level system."

As per my knowledge, I did not violate any policies of fiverr. Please someone answer 2 of my questions:
1. How this is going to affect my selling here on fiverr? and...
2. What should I do now ?

Please answer! I am really worried! 🙏

• Like 6
  • Up 2

5 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

believe it or not I was doing this for years... I always notified support when I was going somewhere outside my country...  freelance should be fun not so stressful honestly , they are making decisions that are destroying what Fiverr was a few years ago... 

I agree! That was my plan actually, better safe than sorry.

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, edc_lab said:

I agree! That was my plan actually, better safe than sorry.

whenever I discussed with support about the internet connection that I am using ( There were times when I was forced to use the free wifi offered by a hotel ) they assured me that there wouldn't be any kind of problem and they were right...  or I was lucky I don't know. What if in the room next to me someone else on Fiverr was using the wifi? With the new system, they might say that I have multiple accounts right ? 

• Like 7
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

whenever I discussed with support about the internet connection that I am using ( There were times when I was forced to use the free wifi offered by a hotel ) they assured me that there wouldn't be any kind of problem and they were right...  or I was lucky I don't know. What if in the room next to me someone else on Fiverr was using the wifi? With the new system, they might say that I have multiple accounts right ? 

Good point, I think in that case you would have received a sanction.
Crazy stuff.

• Like 9

Nobody is kind enough to answer my question that what should I do now after getting the notice ""Your account has been flagged for a severe violation of Fiverr policies." and how it will affect my selling. I didnot do anything wrong. Is there anybody kind enough to answer me please?🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Like 7

1 minute ago, markrozario said:

Nobody is kind enough to answer my question that what should I do now after getting the notice ""Your account has been flagged for a severe violation of Fiverr policies." and how it will affect my selling. I didnot do anything wrong. Is there anybody kind enough to answer me please?🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

well no  one has the answer, not even support it seems , most likely it will be solved in a few days. 

try not to worry too much for now, they simply don't know and they are sending the same copy / paste message to everyone

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

if sharing wifi network is the issue so I think this is really messed up. Because there are alot of shared and co-working spaces through which freelancers work because they don't like to stay at home including me. 

I know for a fact in the next room there could be a dozen freelancers using the same internet as mine and doing Fiverr projects on it. But I haven't met him nor do I know for sure how many freelancers are actually in the office. 

Similarly, at my home my ISP provides Shared IP to the whole area. I don't have a dedicated IP connection. So there could be a freelancer in my area who is doing the same work as mine but I don't know and I can't do anything about it. There could be 100 freelancers in my area using the same IP as mine.

IP address is not the correct way to determine whether I am using two accounts or not.
Instead fiverr should do strong KYC and facial matching to verify if the person is the one who is selling under the name. Instead of trying to track IP addresses

• Like 10

Just now, Alex.M said:

well no  one has the answer, not even support it seems , most likely it will be solved in a few days. 

try not to worry too much for now, they simply don't know and they are sending the same copy / paste message to everyone

Thanks a lot brother for answering to my question! It gives me some hope! By the way, should I also contact fiverr customer support like others did ?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, markrozario said:

Thanks a lot brother for answering to my question! It gives me some hope! By the way, should I also contact fiverr customer support like others did ?

yes and no.. you'll receive the same message but at least if many people will write they will put some pressure on them and they might solve the issue , it's just thought 

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Perhaps not, if you use the same device you're always using (phone, laptop, tablet, whatever).

I agree with this however it seems that nowadays nothing is sure on Fiverr ... too many things that need to be taken into consideration when making any kind of move. A few years ago Fiverr was really a fun and friendly place , freelancing was really awesome, not it seems to be more and more complicated for reasons that can't be understood by many 

• Like 9

It all reminds me of the upset last January (I think?) when that historical feedback manipulation mass account badword happened to what, over 1,000 Bangladeshi sellers? 

I sometimes wonder how many of them were able to claw back their account due to false positives. I know a couple did... 

I'm not really expecting any update on this. So I just won't ever have a vacation in my life ever again. Thanks, Fiverr! 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, emmaki said:

So I just won't ever have a vacation in my life ever again. Thanks, Fiverr! 

The issue can be easily solved with a private internet sim card and staying away from any public connection ( I am starting to regret my trip from a few month ago to Zanzibar ... all the internet connections that I used were without any kind of password ) 

• Like 6
  • Up 2

2 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

The issue can be easily solved with a private internet sim card and staying away from any public connection ( I am starting to regret my trip from a few month ago to Zanzibar ... all the internet connections that I used were without any kind of password ) 

Take your sensible advice away from me! I'm moaning, for God's sake! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Up 3

On 2/15/2024 at 5:59 PM, jamesoliver132 said:

Hello Kesha,
Apart from that What the meaning of Account flagged in new level system. I will never Violate any Fiverr Policy but they showed my account flagged and never parts of Fiverr new level system. When I will contact with customer support they just said that "After careful review, your account has been flagged due to location inconsistencies or other activities indicating a connection to violations of our Terms of Service. Consequently, your participation in Fiverr's level system is permanently restricted." So Can you please let me know what the meaning of Location inconsistencies? Many other people have the same question but no one answer that from Fiverr Staff. Please solve that issue.
Thanks

i have same issue @Kesha kindly explain location consistency also i never violate fiverrs policy. Kindly resolve issue as soon as possible. Everyone having same issue is much worried without knowing what exactly they do.

• Like 8

I also got this message After careful review, your account has been flagged due to activities indicating a connection to violations of our Terms of Service or location inconsistencies. Consequently, your participation in Fiverr's level system is permanently restricted.

what doees that even means??? I just have one fiverr account. IS ONLY happening to people outside of US?

Why do they do that without warning? What happens to the people who are doing things well? It's very unfair of them.
People from Latin America use VPN for privacy or travel.

@Kesha  

• Like 6
  • Sad 2