I don’t think Fiverr is for me

yeasinnewaj

It has been almost 2 months that I have not received a single order or knock from any of the buyers despite creating my fiverr gigs professionally. 

I really don’t have any idea what next I will be doing to get my first order or whatsover. I have spent atleast 20 hours a day in this platform but still didn’t get any orders. 

It is really frustrating and heartbreaking for me to go through the toughest times of my life like this. 

Also, there is no option to request buyers for work like before. Fiverr shouldn’t have removed the option of it. The option was beneficial for new commers like us but now, there’s no option. 

Only the top rated, level 1/2 sellers are getting orders and we as a new seller are being neglected. 

Really disappointing and depressing. 

• Like 47
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 16

41 minutes ago, yeasinnewaj said:

It has been almost 2 months that I have not received a single order or knock from any of the buyers despite creating my fiverr gigs professionally. 

Unfortunately, you might be right. But please, hear me out (read this carefully!)

It's OK for Fiverr not to be the right fit for you.

Fiverr is NOT a 'get rich quick' website. Sure, the prices you might set have different values in different places (so some people in some countries could get 'richer' even though they'd be charging lower), but that doesn't mean that it's for everyone.

Freelancing is tough.

You need skills that SELL. You know what sucks about that kind of stuff?

What worked last year might not work this year. Your category is full of people offering the same thing as you - and hundreds of them never managed to sell a single thing. It's just how life is - someone said that WordPress stuff sold well on Fiverr x years ago, and people still believe in it, but well, honestly? There are just too many sellers providing the same things.

The issue isn't (necessarily) in Fiverr and the algorithm. It's very hard to cater to new sellers when there are THOUSANDS of them. Most buyers, yes, will choose people with more reviews or samples because they seem reputable. 

I understand your frustration, but I think perhaps it's time for you to think about other ways to make money. Learn new skills that sell now instead of blaming the system (THOUGH the system is far from perfect.)

• Like 53
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 2

Im not really "keeping myself updated about news" kinda guy.

But i can tell you this, This year was a total disaster for me in terms of freelancing. I havent even get close to half of what i did previous years. And as i was strolling to find a solution to that, i have learned everybody got punched in the throat by the same "thing". Whatever that "thing" is. World economy perhaps? Who knows.

Its different than the 9-5 jobs. Sometimes you bathe in olive oil, sometimes you eat the cockroaches you catch under the bathtub. Thats a part of freelancing. 

Unfortunately for you, you might be too late to join to party. There were less competition in gladiator arenas. Now you have to be picked from thousands of other sellers. Lets be real, its not likely. However hard you try. But keep in mind, 2 months is nothing. Even tho i have done some good jobs and carved a niche for myself, my gigs stood dormant for months.

• Like 35
  • Sad 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mandyzines said:

That's unfortunate. 😞 How did you get into freelancing? Was it through government-sponsored programs? Did the programs include suggesting what sites to offer your services on?

Unfortunately, it's mostly misinformation & lofty expectations which drive people.

Many people join the platform expecting to be a QUICK RICH scheme because some stranger on random YouTube videos told them so or someone misguided them about the earning potential of freelancing!! They expect the marketplace to be like a regular workplace where you create an account/gigs and buyers will line up on their desk.

Lack of sellable skills, professionalism, mindset and perseverance often lead to attrition. 

• Like 27
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Unfortunately, it's mostly misinformation & lofty expectations which drive people.

Many people join the platform expecting to be a QUICK RICH scheme because some stranger on random YouTube videos told them so or someone misguided them about the earning potential of freelancing!! They expect the marketplace to be like a regular workplace where you create an account/gigs and buyers will line up on their desk.

Lack of sellable skills, professionalism, mindset and perseverance often lead to attrition. 

You really think I am not professional enough to showcase my skill here in this platform? 

Do you really think it is because I don’t have enough skillset to get job? 

If that was the case, not many of the freelancers would have waited this long for an order. 

• Like 26

7 hours ago, yeasinnewaj said:

You really think I am not professional enough to showcase my skill here in this platform? 

Do you really think it is because I don’t have enough skillset to get job? 

If that was the case, not many of the freelancers would have waited this long for an order. 

You picked a word and again started with the self-praise, which just proved what I was trying to say!!

Everyone has a different journey and constant comparison with others doesn't help either. Just because someone else got 5 or 10 orders within their 1st month, it doesn't mean you or anyone else will get them too!! It is not written/promised anywhere.🫠

Most people have professional careers spanning anywhere between 20-40 years with LOADS of ups n downs; and here we are complaining & self-pitying about 2 months being too long!!

• Like 28

9 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

You picked a word and again started with the self-praise, which just proved what I was trying to say!!

Everyone has a different journey and constant comparison with others doesn't help either. Just because someone else got 5 or 10 orders within their 1st month, it doesn't mean you or anyone else will get them too!! It is not written/promised anywhere.🫠

Most people have professional careers spanning anywhere between 20-40 years with LOADS of ups n downs; and here we are complaining & self-pitying about 2 months being too long!!

I have nothing to say to you

• Like 25

On 11/20/2023 at 1:37 PM, yeasinnewaj said:

I really don’t have any idea what next I will be doing to get my first order or whatsover. I have spent atleast 20 hours a day in this platform but still didn’t get any orders. 

It is really frustrating and heartbreaking for me to go through the toughest times of my life like this. 

Also, there is no option to request buyers for work like before. Fiverr shouldn’t have removed the option of it. The option was beneficial for new commers like us but now, there’s no option. 

Only the top rated, level 1/2 sellers are getting orders and we as a new seller are being neglected. 

During periods when client orders are slow, I engage in the following activities:

• Read the forum (Casual Conversations, Tips for Sellers, Stories, etc) - I've come across threads that inspired me or gave me ideas to refine my gigs and enhance my profile. Also, you find a lot of wisdom and stories from people who already succeeded here, so read them carefully.
  • Refine your gigs - check if the description is good / engaging enough, check if your pricing / package strategy is good or smart enough.
  • Do market research - search services like the ones you offer and filter by Level 1 or Level 2 Sellers and compare their gig descriptions or package offers to yours. You probably can't compare to a Level 1 or Level 2 sellers (neither I can, I am also New Seller), but for sure you will learn something from them.

Also, it's important to consider your personal circumstances. In my case, as a New Seller, I've realized that relying only on Fiverr for income isn't currently an option for now, I wish it were and it is actually my go-to! But it is not a reality at the moment. Until that happens, I am working part-time in another job. My advice is to keep Fiverr active but explore other opportunities in parallel. Striking a balance and diversifying income sources will give you stability until the day comes when Fiverr alone can sustain you, if that is what you want, of course.

• Like 33

2 hours ago, agonza1101 said:

During periods when client orders are slow, I engage in the following activities:

• Read the forum (Casual Conversations, Tips for Sellers, Stories, etc) - I've come across threads that inspired me or gave me ideas to refine my gigs and enhance my profile. Also, you find a lot of wisdom and stories from people who already succeeded here, so read them carefully.
  • Refine your gigs - check if the description is good / engaging enough, check if your pricing / package strategy is good or smart enough.
  • Do market research - search services like the ones you offer and filter by Level 1 or Level 2 Sellers and compare their gig descriptions or package offers to yours. You probably can't compare to a Level 1 or Level 2 sellers (neither I can, I am also New Seller), but for sure you will learn something from them.

Also, it's important to consider your personal circumstances. In my case, as a New Seller, I've realized that relying only on Fiverr for income isn't currently an option for now, I wish it were and it is actually my go-to! But it is not a reality at the moment. Until that happens, I am working part-time in another job. My advice is to keep Fiverr active but explore other opportunities in parallel. Striking a balance and diversifying income sources will give you stability until the day comes when Fiverr alone can sustain you, if that is what you want, of course.

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions and understanding my circumstances. 

• Like 28

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 5:37 PM, yeasinnewaj said:

I am also suffering from the same issue.

• Like 20
  • Sad 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:31 AM, priyank_mod said:

Honestly, yes. It's just some of those Youtube videos that clearly give the 'get rich quick' kind of idea where in actual life, it would take you years to acquire good clients, even that only in the case that you have exceptional skills. For me, I have been on Fiverr for nothing short of a month now and I haven't got any orders myself. I have optimized and improved my gigs a lot since the time they were created. Sometimes I would just feel like quitting but when when I see many other sellers making sales with terrible skills in the same field, it makes me wanna stay on the platform and get to those sales no matter what. 

• Like 22

On 11/20/2023 at 4:37 AM, yeasinnewaj said:

Don't lose hope. If you're professional enough, you'll make it to your first order.

• Like 19

On 11/23/2023 at 4:59 PM, yeasinnewaj said:

I have nothing to say to you

I think you have learned a wrong lesson from his words.

First of all, how dare you claim your skills are not on the table. Every one of our skills are. He is just reminding you to shake yourself up. Like all of us needs to do. Not need to get defensive. So, no kudos to you there.

Anyway, It doesnt matter if you are the perfect person for a job. Since the "unqualified" created a mass here, everyone suffers from it. Pages after pages you will see people with nothing to offer for you. Whoever else could be on those pages? Me, you or others who think they are adept in their services. But algoritm will give them a chance to shine and grant a fair playground. And that mass have been pointed towards here by the false knowledge lingers around the net like @priyank_mod  has mentioned.

Couple weeks ago i have seen a veteran of the fiverr community admits that he needed to find a part time job after years of selling in this very platform. And he is not a 20-30 years old. He is an older gentlemen, which makes it even harder for him to adapt to this situation. Kudos to him anyway, its a hard step out of the comfort zone.

There are not a single, guaranteed solution to what you suffer from. You can be on top of a mountain one day, next day you are not.

In your case, you havent even reached the mountain yet, let alone being on top of it.

So back to my first reply, 2 months is nothing. Spending time on the forum doesnt matter about your impressions. Only thing you can do is to check your profile and keep yourself polished. Or you can sacrifice a baloon to gods of freelancing.

• Like 21
  • Up 6

7 hours ago, ozan_erdi said:

He is an older gentlemen, which makes it even harder for him to adapt to this situation

If it's who I'm thinking about then I remember him stating that he's now a Walmart employee, and that had more to do with AI and the lack of regulation of it on this site. 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 19