Improvements to our availability feature

Noam.Arik

Taking breaks is crucial for freelancers and business owners alike. However, it's important not to worry about the impact on your business when you take these breaks. It's a positive development, but Fiverr warns that if your unavailability exceeds 30 days within a 120-day period, it could affect your gig ranking.

In reality, very few people take vacations lasting longer than 30 days. For most of us, one or two weeks is suitable.

Moreover, as a freelancer, you have the flexibility to manage your business from anywhere in the world. So, if you do need to take an extended vacation, exceeding 30 days, you can always hire a virtual assistant to handle buyer inquiries and maintain your business operations. After all, freelancing is a business, and it's essential to ensure its continuity.

• Like 17

On 9/21/2023 at 6:50 AM, Noam.Arik said:

Based on valuable feedback from our community, we have made several fixes and improvements to our availability feature. We want you to take vacations, and want them to be stress-free! These updates will ensure that changing  your availability status does not negatively impact your business or compromise your services and visibility on Fiverr. Read more here.

this explanation feels a bit to vague for me to actually trust you  , each time I receive a message from fiverr with a vague explanation it always ends on something that affects sellers more than it helps  us, Ill wait to see if it works for others cuz each time I tried to take vacations using this feature ti was true nightmare to regain the flow of orders I had before

• Like 19

Taking breaks is essential for each freelancer and enterprise owner, however while taking breaks, one have to now not worry whether or not my commercial enterprise may be handled or be affected if I try this. So I assume it's an amazing improvement but if your unavailability function runs over 30 days in a one hundred twenty-day body time, your gig ranking could be affected as said by means of Fiverr.
But who clearly is going to take an extended holiday of greater than 30 days to be honest one/ weeks is sufficient for me. 

And one greater aspect is that, being a freelancer you can take care of your business from everywhere in the world, so in case you occur to take longer than 30 days of holiday, you may hire a VA for that (if you still might not be to be had) to reply to customers. Since it's a commercial enterprise.

• Like 18

On 9/21/2023 at 7:04 PM, melanielm said:

I've looked over that page and can't quite figure out what's different. Could you specify?

Also, what does "your visibility will not necessarily be negatively impacted" mean? That sounds like it could absolutely still be negatively impacted just like it was all along. What has changed there?

This likely alludes to algorithmic changes.

Say if Fiverr's algorithm uses orders completed in the last 30 days as a metric to rank your Gig and then if you take a 30 day break, when you return, the algorithm sees 0 orders in the last 30 days and puts your gig ranking down.

I am assuming they fixed the gig page ranking algorithm that looks at your sales and conversion data for the past 30 days or 60 days or whatever the case may be to exclude the vacation period.

So say if the metric looks at past 30 days data and you were unavailable for 30 days, the algorithm will now consider the 30 days data prior to when you set yourself as unavailable.

Of course, I don't know this for certain but me being a Tech Freelancer familiar with IT Lingo, this is what I am reading in between the lines. Again, I might be totally wrong, but there's a good chance that my guess is right.

• Like 17

On 9/21/2023 at 6:20 PM, Noam.Arik said:

Based on valuable feedback from our community, we have made several fixes and improvements to our availability feature. We want you to take vacations, and want them to be stress-free! These updates will ensure that changing  your availability status does not negatively impact your business or compromise your services and visibility on Fiverr. Read more here.

Hello Fiverr,

This is great news, I have been using the Order Limit count and delivery timelines so far to manage this.

I will give this a shot the next time I want to go on vacation.

Could you clarify if Sellers will be able to send out offers while unavailable.

The use case for this is with Repeat clients, once we have a relationship and trust going, we sometimes charge the customer after delivering the work, or we might want to continue to support repeat clients by working minimal hours even during a vacation.

Marking as unavailable blocks us from being able to send offers.

While it makes sense to block buyers from placing orders when unavailable, the sellers should still be allowed to send out offers if they wish, just like they can opt in to receive messages.

This to me seems like the missing piece of the puzzle. May be this is also fixed, but I cannot see anything regarding this point on the blog post despite reading it thoroughly twice.

Would be nice to get some clarity around this, I will not use this feature if I cannot send out custom offers to my dearest repeat clients. That's a dealbreaker for me.

• Like 17

If you can see with your Fiverr team analytics, the buyer wants to enable the seller so you can send a direct message to the buyer. Just notify him on the cell phone that the buyer wants you for more work. In seller terms, the seller has a choice. get action on this message or ignore without any damage and scare. The seller is not available for work but recommends the buyer. Another good seller or maybe he's/she's back to take advantage of the good times. We know that this task can be time consuming for Fiverr, Money spending task also for direct cell phone messages reason to seller but Fiverr can add this optional paid services. It will be beneficial for the seller to use this service. If Fiverr will pay that seller 5% for referring a new seller to a buyer. All this will be done with the help of Fiverr app when Fiverr direct message us that we can download the app and login then tap on Fiverr optional paid services from all over the world. And after the service is turned on, the buyer will see the message form to the seller. "I recommend you a professional designer" or etc. The new seller gets an order with that recommended buyer in the recommended period so Fiverr will pay 5% per order to the first seller who recommended the new seller. Maybe I won't use this paid service but many people are business minded so this is a short investment and also a helpful feature in the freelancing space.

• Like 17