Buyer cancelled after delivery for THIS wild reason...

karenvaragas

Hi musicians! I came on here to ask how you guys handle buyers (who haven't been the most pleasant) who cancel the project after delivery.

I haven't run into many of those but one buyer did say he was cancelling because "he found a singer who sings SO much better than me." I thought it an unnecessary comment and I was bothered because I had spent 3-4 hours recording for that project.

And another who basically told me don't quit my day job and that I'm terrible. LOL. I have been singing for 12 years and at 6 weddings, and I have released songs as well. So I know that I am at least a decent singer. xD

Have you ever encountered this and how do you handle it? I usually start praying for strength to not respond in a negative way lol.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

Hi Kay, your voice sounds great. For this issue, I know that cancelling an order involves two sides and if you don't accept the buyer's decision, the Customer Support Team will get-in and resolve the dispute (there are also new cancellation policies for refunds and reviews). If the buyer said something like that, I'm not sure that there will be any good outcome. How the dispute has been going?

Thinking about the future, I don't know your subcategory (I'm a Session Musician/Instrumentals) but I would study the competition and change prices that would help me remain competitive and, at the same time, avoid buyers like those. You've enough reviews. Did you try to talk with a Fiverr Success Manager?

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, trombonhero said:

Hi Kay, your voice sounds great. For this issue, I know that cancelling an order involves two sides and if you don't accept the buyer's decision, the Customer Support Team will get-in and resolve the dispute (there are also new cancellation policies for refunds and reviews). If the buyer said something like that, I'm not sure that there will be any good outcome. How the dispute has been going?

Thinking about the future, I don't know your subcategory (I'm a Session Musician/Instrumentals) but I would study the competition and change prices that would help me remain competitive and, at the same time, avoid buyers like those. You've enough reviews. Did you try to talk with a Fiverr Success Manager?

Thank you! This happened months ago, and I did reach out to Customer Service who then said they would look into the situation., but then I accidentally hit "accept" on the cancel request so I decided to let it go. I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and how they have responded. Thank you for the advice! I wish I had the intuition to avoid buyers like these lol. Because it has happened a couple times.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, melanielm said:

Some people just like to be mean. There's no professional reason to insult you even if they thought another singer sounded better. I know it does sting when it happens. You already know you have what it takes! Deep breath and carry on.

Thanks friend. This is helpful 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, karenvaragas said:

Have you ever encountered this and how do you handle it?

I realize you accidentally agreed to the cancellation, which is unfortunate, however if this happens again, I'd suggest you do not agree to cancellation and respond with the following:

"This order is not eligible for cancellation. Please note that when you joined Fiverr, you agreed to their terms of service (TOS) and it is very clear as to why this order is not eligible for cancellation. it states, “orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the gig page."

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Sometimes we have to remind them that they are paying for the taxi ride whether they like how we got there or not.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 4
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2023 at 2:47 PM, karenvaragas said:

Thank you! This happened months ago, and I did reach out to Customer Service who then said they would look into the situation., but then I accidentally hit "accept" on the cancel request so I decided to let it go. I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and how they have responded. Thank you for the advice! I wish I had the intuition to avoid buyers like these lol. Because it has happened a couple times.

I have done this once before, where I accidentally pressed the wrong button and accepted a cancellation request when I had actually delivered the order as described. I contacted fiverr support and they actually provided me with some compensation. Don’t take my word for it that they’ll do it for you but they did for me.

• Like 4