why are so many gigs being denied

in2town

Question

11 answers to this question

1 minute ago, in2town said:

I have a lot of friends on fiverr and they are reporting that a lot of their gigs have been removed. Some of the gigs have been available for many years. Does anyone know why Fiverr is now banning gigs and removing them

Do your friends happen to have the same IP as you? 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, in2town said:

Does anyone know why Fiverr is now banning gigs and removing them

Maybe the gigs were offering services that were not suitable for Fiverr and which broke the TOS. You know, just because a killer is not caught, that doesn't mean he is innocent. Eventually, the police catches up to him. Same here, if you or others broke the rules with your gigs, those gigs will eventually get removed. There are millions of gigs on Fiverr, so just because they were not removed now, that doesn't mean they are ok. What were your friends offering through those gigs?

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, in2town said:

Some of the gigs have been available for many years. Does anyone know why Fiverr is now banning gigs and removing them

In addition to what everyone is mentioning here, Fiverr is also doubling its efforts to clean up the platform. Gigs that were once up for years, may be removed if they violate ToS or aren't providing value to Fiverr's marketplace (e.g., these sellers may be in a saturated category and aren't performing as well as others or they may be simply be in a category that doesn't align with the direction Fiverr is moving towards). Fiverr also seems to be denying more new seller accounts, so not everyone who wants to sell on Fiverr can.

• Like 15

26 minutes ago, yourbrandingpal said:

People over here can only speculate. Your friends would have received emails pertaining to why their accounts were disabled. If they feel that the accounts were disabled in error, they should get in touch with Customer Support.

I think that you have not read the question carefully. 

OP said Gigs are being Removed.. Not accounts being disabled! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

I think that you have not read the question carefully. 

OP said Gigs are being Removed.. Not accounts being disabled! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Oops 😅 but yeah, Fiverr still shares the reason through emails when gigs are removed, people can still only speculate why the gigs were removed and the affected sellers would still have to reach out to CS to get it sorted if they feel that the gigs were removed in error 😄

• Like 8

Just now, yourbrandingpal said:

Oops 😅 but yeah, Fiverr still shares the reason through emails when gigs are removed, people can still only speculate why the gigs were removed and the affected sellers would still have to reach out to CS to get it sorted if they feel that the gigs were removed in error 😄

No one is speculating. We all have experience so we are guiding OP accordingly.

It's you who need to understand that no one speculates anything without reason. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, yourbrandingpal said:

If you have access to the exact emails those sellers received ya I agree 😄 so what's the ToS violation that led to those gigs being removed? 😄

Did you even bother to read the experienced seller's responses here. And don't laugh. Laugh at yourself first as you are still a newbie with zero reviews 👀

• Like 7

3 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Did you even bother to read the experienced seller's responses here. And don't laugh. Laugh at yourself first as you are still a newbie with zero reviews 👀

I didn't read the original question itself properly, do you think I would read the subsequent responses on this thread? 😂 my bad ya I know and I was mostly laughing at myself and the whole situation, since I was actually watching the second season of The Bear at the time of drafting my initial reply 😅 so ya I did realise that the jokes on me which is why I reacted that way

And come on, you were so serious that I found the subsequent interaction funny, but I apologise, I only saw this as a fun banter that's all 😅

As for gigs getting removed or even accounts getting disabled, I really meant what I said, because as you would probably know already, these sort of matters are handled by Trust & Safety team, if the affected sellers feel that their gigs were wrongfully removed (after cross referencing the reason shared over email with ToS), they are free to appeal to the Trust & Safety team (through CS). That imho would be the ideal next step.

But yes, I have 0 reviews as a seller, that I admit, because I signed up to be a buyer, not a seller, also, I am not new to Fiverr, I was a buyer here for 9+ years before closing the account, after a short gap, I signed up again under my trade name, again as a buyer. The bottom line is that I might know a thing or two about how Fiverr and similar platforms work 😉

Lastly this doesn't have to be a back and forth, you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine, and if all that I said above isnt enough, I would only wish that you have a great day ahead 🙂 Monday is here anyhow, so need to get my head back in the game 😅

• Like 7