Do I have the right to decline my seller's request? (kind of urgent)

tb0y298

Question

Hello Fiverr folks,

I recently went through one of my most expensive orders on Fiverr
It was to complete an IT-related job. It was finished 2 days ago on a Wednesday.

My seller asked in the end if he could cancel the order, so he could receive the money earlier outside of Fiverr.
In fact he mentioned the 20% cut because of Fiverr. He then would like me to send the money through another way, but since I was already satisfied with the delivery I decided to complete the order.

Now I'm wondering if he can still decline the review, so he can have his preferred way of receiving money which I don't prefer.
We also discussed to still complete the Fiverr order and that he would send the same amount back later. But then I would lose the 20% cut which is worth a $50 (that's actual money to me).

I'm confused about what should I do in this situation, so any help is appreciated!

• Like 16
  • Up 2

8 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, tb0y298 said:

Hello Fiverr folks,

I recently went through one of my most expensive orders on Fiverr
It was to complete an IT-related job. It was finished 2 days ago on a Wednesday.

My seller asked in the end if he could cancel the order, so he could receive the money earlier outside of Fiverr.
In fact he mentioned the 20% cut because of Fiverr. He then would like me to send the money through another way, but since I was already satisfied with the delivery I decided to complete the order.

Now I'm wondering if he can still decline the review, so he can have his preferred way of receiving money which I don't prefer.
We also discussed to still complete the Fiverr order and that he would send the same amount back later. But then I would lose the 20% cut which is worth a $50 (that's actual money to me).

I'm confused about what should I do in this situation, so any help is appreciated!

Seller asking to be paid outside Fiverr is violating Fiverr policies and may receive a violation/close account for the action he is doing.

To answer your question, NO, the seller cannot ask for a payment outside Fiverr.

• Like 12
  • Up 6

Sellers can get paid faster if they have the Seller Plus option. So it's not your concern how fast a person gets paid. They have means to speed up the process. If anything, that seller should be reported because they are trying to do business outside of Fiverr which as others point out, it's against the Fiverr TOS.

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, tb0y298 said:

The issue should be resolved now. @donnovan86 good one, mentioning that the Seller Plus option exists.

I am glad it's solved. Yeah, sellers can get paid faster if they want. If your seller wanted to use outside methods, that's gaming the system and they can get banned for that.

• Like 9