Buyer Took revenge , gave me 5 star at first after few days he changed it 1 star , the review was unfair

Just now, smashradio said:

Besides that, it means you have to share space with amateurs, which affects the platform's reputation, as you said, leading to fewer high-end buyers willing to try Fiverr, because it's known for low-quality value services. 

This is a factor, yes.

Just now, smashradio said:

Of course, they are. If I search for video editors and see your videos next to someone charging 100, and I'm not already a video pro, I might not even see the difference in your 720p videos with its 64kbps tape-quality audio. I'd see the price tag, loud and clear, and if I was looking for value, I might go for the cheaper option, even if your product is objectively better, and even if I have the budget to go with your 600-dollar gig instead.

This, not so much. I'd rather avoid price sensitive buyers, actually. I want the buyers who want to spend X, and that X is inline with my prices, and that will distrust anything that is cheaper. There are more of those than one would think.

• Like 5

Just now, visualstudios said:

This, not so much. I'd rather avoid price sensitive buyers, actually. I want the buyers who want to spend X, and that X is inline with my prices, and that will distrust anything that is cheaper. There are more of those than one would think.

Of course you do. And I'm not saying that's the wrong approach, I'm saying that they might not be as inclined to spend as much, when the offer next to you is so much cheaper. That's basic psychology. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

And I'm not saying that's the wrong approach, I'm saying that they might not be as inclined to spend as much, when the offer next to you is so much cheaper.

Yes, but for me that's not the meksells, that's lower priced video editors (compared to me, they're still high priced for the platform) that are actually at least somewhat serious as well, and would probably not be deterred by the paywall.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 5

Yes, but for me that's not the meksells, that's lower priced video editors that are actually at least somewhat serious as well, and would probably not be deterred by the paywall.

Perhaps not, but in that mix, you'll find a lot of people sharing space at different price points. By removing the bottom tier, you increase the perceived value of your gigs. 

I'm not saying it would affect you greatly, but a lot of actual professionals working the mid-tier market would notice a huge change if we got rid of meksells. 

But good lord. Six pages of posts in one hour! I need to get some work done. Got a 4000-word script that needs to be ready by tomorrow evening. 😅

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

Of course you do.

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

This is a factor, yes.

I am not sure if you guys saw this post, but it does have some new info regarding this and it's coming from Fiverr themselves. I didn't know how to share it with you, so I just quoted 😄 

• Like 4

Perhaps not, but in that mix, you'll find a lot of people sharing space at different price points. By removing the bottom tier, you increase the perceived value of your gigs. 

I'm not saying it would affect you greatly, but a lot of actual professionals working the mid-tier market would notice a huge change if we got rid of meksells. 

But good lord. Six pages of posts in one hour! I need to get some work done. Got a 4000-word script that needs to be ready by tomorrow evening. 😅

I just voiced two scripts about being distracted, after spending an hour distracting myself on here--oh the irony! And...I'm back for more.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I am not sure if you guys saw this post, but it does have some new info regarding this and it's coming from Fiverr themselves. I didn't know how to share it with you, so I just quoted 😄 

Yes, I saw that yesterday. But honestly, this change doesn't affect me that much, if at all. I've only had a few cancellations in nine years. I checked, and I have a cancellation rate (total over nine years on Fiverr) of 1,76% of orders, none of them being because I went unresponsive or didn't deliver a satisfactory result. I'm not too worried about this change affecting me, and if I ever get a negative review because I do such a bad job of communicating with a client or delivering something to their satisfaction, well, then I deserve that review and will apologize in my response to it. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, cre8iveartwork said:

Hmmm , those are 2 reviews or buyers can change their reviews again... like they could in the past? 

Yeah, according to this, they can change their reviews. Topic should be merged. We already discussed this (and many other things) at length in an identical post from the same OP. (Linked above in my initial response to this one)

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, mrinmoykar999 said:

This is not fair . I am feeling really sad . Fiverr is the only way where I earn money . I wish someone could help in this matter .

Even in this duplicate thread, you are still completely to blame for this.  FAFO

• Like 7

Does anyone know for a fact if the reviews can now be changed at a later time ( This was possible years ago )? I am curious if Fiverr re-enabled reviews to be edited/changed again...

if they can change the review ..... reviews from sellers will be further useless... who will be honest in a review if the buyer can always edit his review according to what you wrote..

• Like 6

@cre8iveartwork good a mod is here btw. Would you mind reading the entire thread and see if a certain user isn't out of line in insulting others?

I will check, I can't take any decision alone though, I will ask other mods too. In the meanwhile I suggest you report the comments you are talking about so we can have a look. 

• Like 3
  • Up 2