Buyer Took revenge , gave me 5 star at first after few days he changed it 1 star , the review was unfair

Hi I am Mrinmoy , recently I have worked with a buyer , He provided all the details and I started to work on it , after showing the first draft he liked it but told me to change the whole thing , I did it ,  after that he liked my 2nd draft . After few stages, he started to ask for few things that were not mentioned in the order , So I said it would be counted as a revision . So he got angry and started to shout at me , if I don't want to work cancel the order . I said I will do the job if my revision count bothers you don't worry I will do that for you , he has asked more things that were not included in the order . I did the job , he said to change the clothing he said to put a jacket on that fine I was working on it , at first he provided reference of normal female clothing , it was not a jacket , but later he said whatever you call it care sh** , he was started to behave inappropriately , I raised an issue to the customer support they said continue the work . I did . Later the buyer asked me to put fonts . I said I don't own the fonts that I have, they are not for commercial use . He said he will allow the work to be view on live portfolio only if I do that , deal , so I downloaded a royalty free font and did the job , he gave me 5-star review , and I gave him my honest review what I have been through . I gave him 1 star because he behaved terrible . He offered me more works in the chat , that he wants to work with me on a bigger project . If he didn't like my work, why would he offer more works ? I blocked him . Later he contacted to customer support , and he intentionally changed the review to 1 star and commented things that were not truth . So if a buyer can do anything in this platform, how can a seller survive ? And become a successful seller won't be possible ever . I raised this issue to customer support . I really don't know what will happen , I gave my honest review he gave it too , he said he was amazed by my work etc . And suddenly he changes it few days later don't buy from him , this seller should be removed from this website your project will suffer . This is not fair . I am feeling really sad . Fiverr is the only way where I earn money . I wish someone could help in this matter .

352611594_2101588563384363_7448807293530036382_n.png

2023-06-15 14_29_48-mrinmoykar999 _ Illustration, AI Artists, Cartoons & Comics _ Fiverr.png

2023-06-15 14_58_00-buyer behaveing inapropriately,unprofessionally, asking for unlimited revisions .png

Edited by mrinmoykar999
missed words
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

30 minutes ago, mrinmoykar999 said:

I gave him 1 star because he behaved terrible .

And that was the problem. 

I assume the buyer felt offended regarding what you said. Honestly, I dealt with such buyers in the past, it's better to just move on. You can block after the transaction is over. But leaving them a very bad review (considering the way they behaved) invited bascklash and it's much better to avoid stuff like that. 

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, mrinmoykar999 said:

Hi I am Mrinmoy , recently I have worked with a buyer , order id - #FO81C30920302, He provided all the details and I started to work on it , after showing the first draft he liked it but told me to change the whole thing , I did it ,  after that he liked my 2nd draft . After few stages, he started to ask for few things that were not mentioned in the order , So I said it would be counted as a revision . So he got angry and started to shout at me , if I don't want to work, cancel the order . I said I will do the job if my revision count bothers you don't worry I will do that for you , he has asked more things that were not included in the order . I did the job , he said to change the clothing he said to put a jacket on that fine I was working on it , at first he provided reference of normal female clothing , it was not a jacket , but later he said whatever you call it care sh** , he was started to behave inappropriately , I raised an issue to the customer support they said continue the work . I did . Later the buyer asked me to put fonts . I said I don't own the fonts that I have, they are not for commercial use . He said he will allow the work to be view on live portfolio only if I do that , deal , so I downloaded a royalty free font and did the job , he gave me 5-star review , and I gave him my honest review what I have been through . I gave him 1 star because he behaved terrible . He offered me more works in the chat , that he wants to work with me on a bigger project . If he didn't like my work, why would he offer more works ? I blocked him . Later he contacted to customer support , and he intentionally changed the review to 1 star and commented things that were not truth . So if a buyer can do anything in this platform, how can a seller survive ? And become a successful seller won't be possible ever . I raised this issue to customer support . I really don't know what will happen , I gave my honest review he gave it too , he said he was amazed by my work etc . And suddenly he changes it few days later don't buy from him , this seller should be removed from this website your project will suffer . This is not fair . I am feeling really sad . Fiverr is the only way where I earn money . I wish someone could help in this matter .

352611594_2101588563384363_7448807293530036382_n.png

2023-06-15 14_29_48-mrinmoykar999 _ Illustration, AI Artists, Cartoons & Comics _ Fiverr.png

2023-06-15 14_58_00-buyer behaveing inapropriately,unprofessionally, asking for unlimited revisions .png

See, they didnt even check it, they just send you auto replys

• Like 8

Yeah, I know sometimes it better to move on , but why there is an option for buyer, so they can change reviews , even if it's fake , how  they can do that . and Fiverr allows that , he said I should be removed from Fiverr etc , then why he offered me for more ,jobs , so the review is total false/fake , just to take revenge . Fiverr should not allow this type of thing . Why supports buyers always . Even if they have bad intentions . They do the thing . Seller will disappear . This is not fair . I have rights to put my honest reviews . He felt offended, that doesn't change the truth that he behaved terrible . The truth is truth . I never said I won't work , i said it will count as a revision , even I said I will do it if its bothers you , so putting some fake comment is fair ? That's how it works ? The whole thing defines how the person was . And I faced all the terrible thing . And he got my work, and what i get for all of this ? a fake comment ? That I should be removed from Fiverr just because I didn't like that what he has done, and I gave a review ? this guy will pollute the whole Fiverr will give nightmare to all sellers , what he will get a nice review , but will take anything what he wants . Forcefully . Is That fair ? Such a shame 

• Like 6

Wh

5 hours ago, mrinmoykar999 said:

This is not fair . I am feeling really sad . Fiverr is the only way where I earn money . I wish someone could help in this matter .

You did this to yourself.  You were home free, but decided to kick a satisfied (albeit demanding) customer in the ass AFTER he left a 5 star review?

You earned this for not applying the most basic common sense rule of not kicking a beehive when seeing one. 

By the way, you are in violation of Forum rules by displaying the name of your buyer.  You cannot shame others by name. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 11
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, newsmike said:

You did this to yourself.  You were home free, but decided to kick a satisfied (albeit demanding) customer in the ass AFTER he left a 5 star review?

You earned this for not applying the most basic common sense rules of not kicking a beehive when seeing one. 

Man, you need to stop with the bad takes.

Was he smart in giving the buyer a 1 star review? No, because of what just happened. But that's the point I've always been making - buyer reviews are useless, precisely because of this. Why do you like transparency for sellers, but not for buyers? This buyer deserved the review they got. He should not be allowed to change his review to punish the seller. That's the whole point of the "secret" review system.

What we get by the system being as it is, and doing as you say, is that all buyers have perfect 5 star reviews, because sellers are too scared to give them the review they deserve. Do you agree with that? Is that the "transparency and honesty" you claim to want?

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 11

5 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Man, you need to stop with the bad takes.

Should he give the buyer a 1 star review? No, because of what just happened. But that's the point I've always been making - buyer reviews are useless, precisely because of this. Why do you like transparency for sellers, but not for buyers? This buyer deserved the review they got. He should not be allowed to change his review to punish the seller. That's the whole point of the "secret" review system.

Pedro, disagreeing with you is not the definition of a bad take.

This thread perfectly illustrates the kind of dumb behavior on the part of sellers that you wish to enshrine in an "uncommentable bubble of perfection." Your willingness to accept the absolute perfection of the seller, and lay the blame squarely at the feet of the buyer in every single case is opaque and honestly, intellectually fascinating. 

If this guy is your poster boy, I'd suggest you are on the wrong side of history

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Do you think a buyer should be able to change the review they gave a seller after they see the review the seller gave them? Yes or no. 

When a seller loses their mind and engages in such amateurish and childish behavior, even after the seller is satisfied? Absolutely, yes. 

You seem to struggle with the concept that I believe people should be able to say any damned thing they wish. Sometimes there are consequences involved, but that is expected.

You are the one wanting the edit button. Again, Wrong side of history.  

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1

Just now, newsmike said:

You are the one wanting the edit button. Again, Wring side of history.  

No, I'm the one against the edit button. The buyer edited his review after the fact.

If a buyer can change their review because they got a bad review from the seller, what will happen is that every seller will either leave them a 5 star review, or no review at all. This is exactly what will happen. If that's what you want, may as well get rid of buyer reviews entirely, as they will be worthless.

• Like 9

Just now, visualstudios said:

No, I'm the one against the edit button. The buyer edited his review after the fact.

If a buyer can change their review because they got a bad review from the seller, what will happen is that every seller will either leave them a 5 star review, or no review at all. This is exactly what will happen. If that's what you want, may as well get rid of buyer reviews entirely, as they will be worthless.

Pedro, what would you do if you just finished a nice meal, and while waiting for the check to arrive, left a 5 star review on the Yelp app. Then, after leaving the tip, the waiter takes offense at the 15% tip you left, and rushes to the door and yells, "Hey, you and your fat wife had better not come back you cheap SOB." 

Would you change your review?

That is what happened here.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

You didn't address what the problem is. You analogy fails at a critical point - restaurants don't get to leave reviews for their guests. It's not the same.

Again, please address this:

• Like 9

You didn't address what the problem is. You analogy fails at a critical point - restaurants don't get to leave reviews for their guests. It's not the same.

Again, please address this:

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Just now, newsmike said:

I shouldn't be able to. Reviews should be final, otherwise they're open to abuse. A buyer leaves a review on an order, wants something changed after a week, the seller refuses to do it for free, the buyer changes the review to one star. It's exploitable. A review on an order should reflect your experience with that order, from the moment it starts to the moment it finishes. Anything that happens after it's closed, is not relevant to the review.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

Assuming you could, would you?

Probably. That's why I shouldn't. Revenge is a very powerful motivator for most people. Btw, that's exactly why Fiverr doesn't let the seller see the buyer review before they give theirs. To avoid this exact situation.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 9

Probably. That's why I shouldn't. Revenge is a very powerful motivator for most people.

Yes, people need to realize that the way one acts affects how others react. I can go into a bar where Mike Tyson is sitting, and keep running my mouth as to how I could kick his ass.  I have that right. But I should not be surprised when he grows tired of it and knocks my teeth out. Defending someone not smart enough to know this puts you in questionable company.  

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Please understand this - defending that something should not be this way is not defending what someone did. I don't leave buyers 1 star reviews. And I don't think if I did, they should have the right to change their review after the fact in retaliation.

So free expression goes only one direction? The direction that favors you? It is completely relevant that this guy lost his mind, mid process.  Relevant indeed. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Free expression works for both. What about this:

A buyer leaves you a 1 star review (that you can't see), you leave him a 5 star review. Can you, as a seller, go back and change your review to 1 as well, after you see his? If so, then yes, free speech goes both directions.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 10

Just now, newsmike said:

If I can't see it, how would I even think to react to it? Flawed premise. 

After the fact, come on. The buyer in this case altered his review after he saw the seller review. As a seller, can you alter your review after you see the buyers? If that's the case, then yes, free speech goes both ways.

• Like 8