New update: Buyers will soon be able to quallifying canceled orders...but sellers won't?

nikoleta_dev

7 minutes ago, newsmike said:

OK, now please answer the question. Why you?

Oh, I can tell why such people write to me and not to you. Because I'm a little girl from a developing country, what can I do? I'm being harassed obviously for the same reason. Yes, it’s definitely my fault that I’m a girl, I need to hide this fact so that people treat me with respect.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I also need to point out something that people didn't see in that article yet, or at least I don't see anyone talking about it. 

"Review Timeframe: Buyers (excluding first-time buyers) can leave a review for canceled orders within 14 days from cancellation if the case involved lateness, unresponsiveness, or an unsatisfactory delivery."

So first time buyers can't leave a review if they cancel the order. I thought it would be a disaster, but this small thing is more reassuring. The chances of a return buyer canceling are much lower... so at least for me this is not such a bad idea now that I saw this anyway. 

• Like 7
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, newsmike said:

OK, deflection aside, now please answer the question. Why you? My theory is that you prefer posing as a victim much more than you might actually be, because a look at your profile shows all 4-5 star reviews, and your metrics have not taken a hit that is demonstrable as in lots of cancellations. What exactly are you complaining about?  Looks pretty good. Offended on behalf of others?

image.thumb.png.c0b48b69ebb5fb18e22d06002803492e.png

Isn't it the fact that there are no reviews for the cancellation now? I have few cancellations and always try to provide the best service. And I already wrote that cancellation for me is an extreme case, for example, if I encounter inappropriate behavior. And it's not just me, I write that all sellers are in a vulnerable position

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

However it doesn't say first time buyers to Fiverr or YOUR first time buyers. But I assume it's people buying from you, the freelancer, for the first time. If it's the latter, I am fine with it because the chances of a return client canceling are very low. It can still happen though. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I got very disturbed because I already face the issue. There was a new buyer on Fiverr,  I worked for him one and half month, he didn't give me proper requirements, he gave me simple requirements I thought that he want these features, so I started working for him later on he gave more and more requirements which weren't possible because they weren't discussed and he was teasing me a lot, after sometime, I thought that this order isn't giving me value also I'm losing my attention and interest in other orders as well, I mutually cancelled the order and also provided him the product just to continue my work with professional buyers which were in queue now I'm imagining that what If I got these kind of buyers who submit the requirements blindly and then realized that they have many other requirements what would happen in the future. I'm very disturbed. I don't have a single negative review but now I'm thinking that I will get twice 60 days. and mostly customers place order without messages and in requirements form they put .....

Edited by hashcyber
  • Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, purplehate said:

And I already wrote that cancellation for me is an extreme case, for example, if I encounter inappropriate behavior. And it's not just me, I write that all sellers are in a vulnerable position

Read my post above. If you check the article the OP linked, it says first time buyers can't leave a review. So only someone that bought from you before and ordered again can leave a review on a canceled order. And that's within 14 days after the order was canceled.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hashcyber said:

There was a new buyer on Fiverr, 

As I said above in my post,  Buyers (excluding first-time buyers) can leave a review for canceled orders. So first time buyers can't leave a review on canceled orders.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, donnovan86 said:

As I said above in my post,  Buyers (excluding first-time buyers) can leave a review for canceled orders. So first time buyers can't leave a review on canceled orders.

To me, that sentence doesn't assure that new-to-you-but-not-the-platform buyers can't leave them.

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, newsmike said:

That is so sadly misguided. But good luck with your whole "we are all victims" delusion. 

This is your conjecture, the vulnerable position and the position of the victim are not the same. I see no reason to continue the dialogue with you

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

First time buyer on Fiverr Platform or First Time Buyer of specific freelancer?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mandyzines said:

To me, that sentence doesn't assure that new-to-you-but-not-the-platform buyers can't leave them.

I mean, if they say first time buyers in an article for both sellers and buyers, I do think it's related to the seller. I am sure they thought of the abuse some buyers would bring. 

Don't get me wrong, you can still have someone ordering a small thing at first and rating it very well, just to cancel a $100 order afterwards and also rate you poorly. So there is still some type of buyer abuse that can happen. 

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, hashcyber said:

First time buyer on Fiverr Platform or First Time Buyer of specific freelancer?

Pretty sure that means first time buyers to you. I don't see it making sense in the context of first time buyers to the platform. 

So if someone just bought from you now and they are unhappy, they can't leave a review for the cancellation. However, if they bought from you before and you need to cancel, it feels warranted I guess.

I guess we can talk with our seller plus managers, maybe someone can send a message so we know it's related to people that are buying from us for the first time?

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

Pretty sure that means first time buyers to you. I don't see it making sense in the context of first time buyers to the platform. 

I also need your attention on my another issue, I completed $30k far before but still not got the top rated badge?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, purplehate said:

This is your conjecture, the vulnerable position and the position of the victim are not the same. I see no reason to continue the dialogue with you

Then don't. But you do a disservice to people who are actual victims. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hashcyber said:

I also need your attention on my another issue, I completed $30k far before but still not got the top rated badge?

Fiverr chooses TRS manually. You went past the minimum requirements. 

I don't want to burst your bubble, but there is a chance that you will never become a top rated seller. Or you might become one next month. Only Fiverr's team chooses who becomes a Top rated seller. Continue to do great work and keep buyers happy 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The best thing is that the sellers who cancel the order to avoid negative feedback won't do that now because some buyers blackmail sellers to get a refund even if they use the design or service. 
 But still, the Seller should be allowed to clarify the case.  
It is strange to say that sellers feedback will be junk of data but buyer's not 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, purplehate said:

I don't want to enter this discussion. But I do want to point out, this is a serious issue that affects all sellers. There are more important things to discuss rather than targeting an esteemed member of the forum like Mike. 

So if you can, please end this personal debate so we can focus on crucial things like understanding what this means for sellers, what terms are there, etc. As I said, they mention this in the article: " Buyers (excluding first-time buyers) can leave a review for canceled orders".  So people buying from you for the first time can't leave any review if they cancel their order.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, saimii said:

It is strange to say that sellers feedback will be junk of data but buyer's not

Because sellers never admit they delivered a bad piece of work. Like the thread going on right now, they consider themselves victims when people they ripped off complain that they were sold lousy work and hold to the false belief that their work is 100% perfect, 100% of the time. That's junk data.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Up 1

What happens if I initiate the cancellation because the buyer didn’t bother to read the gig requirements or read them and decided to ignore them? Or if the buyer initiates the cancellation because they consider the requirements stupid and myself unreasonable for asking questions? 

That’ll be 90% of my cancellations. Buyers not paying attention is a big issue. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lenasemenkova said:

What happens if I initiate the cancellation because the buyer didn’t bother to read the gig requirements or read them and decided to ignore them? Or if the buyer initiates the cancellation because they consider the requirements stupid and myself unreasonable for asking questions? 

That’ll be 90% of my cancellations. Buyers not paying attention is a big issue. 

you raised it very well because I have also the same issue that initially the client don't give proper requirements, even I have a big form of requirements which initial the order and they just put dot dot dot in the fields.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hashcyber said:

Why not research the OTHER requirements for be Top Rated. There is more to it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In most cases, the Seller is a professional in his/her field and knows a lot more than the buyer. It can be a new thing for buyers. 
In Web development, there are Codes, tools, layout, and much stuff, but many buyers don't know what is going on behind the scenes; they are concerned more about what they can see. 

They will compare your custom work with others' templated work. Sometimes you write them hundreds of lines of code but they will stick to logo quality that  might be related to Logo designer. 

Simply it's not a rule that every time Seller is wrong but buyer is not. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1