Top Clients Verification on Fiverr: Enough's Enough

smashradio

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience.
To ensure the reliability of the Top Clients feature, it’s important for us to carefully evaluate the submitted clients, a process we are still working on optimizing.
Following your feedback, we went ahead and re-reviewed your submissions. Please check your profile to see the changes.
If you believe there was a mistake in our evaluation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the support team so we can address it.

• Like 15

I just received a message that I must provide ID verification to BUY and SELL on Fiverr. I can understand being a seller, but as a buyer? I'm having issues with providing this verification, and I know others are too. This may be the final daze. (error intentional)

• Like 13

On 6/1/2023 at 5:25 PM, smashradio said:

When Fiverr launched its Top Clients verification, I was thrilled. It was an overdue cleanup for a feature exploited by pretenders claiming to be big-league vets. But after seeing two of my star clients chucked off the list (clients I'd done solid work for on Fiverr, mind you, and could prove it with a boatload of completed orders), I've had it up to here with this feature. 

Jumping through hoops, backtracking orders, wrestling with elusive and generic responses from support and my success manager, who didn't even want to help initially... Fiverr's requirements would be fine if the team looking into it did their job properly. But spending more time on this than I already have? I'm not even gonna bother. They can have my Top Clients. Enough's enough.

Thanks. 

• Like 13

On 6/26/2023 at 1:13 PM, Shiran.M said:

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience.
To ensure the reliability of the Top Clients feature, it’s important for us to carefully evaluate the submitted clients, a process we are still working on optimizing.
Following your feedback, we went ahead and re-reviewed your submissions. Please check your profile to see the changes.
If you believe there was a mistake in our evaluation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the support team so we can address it.

Thanks for pitching in about the top clients. Unfortunately, it's just another symptom of a bigger problem, but I've already shared my feedback internally, so I won't spend a lot of time on that here. I'm just gonna quote myself:

On 6/1/2023 at 1:25 PM, smashradio said:

wrestling with elusive and generic responses from support....

...Fiverr's requirements would be fine if the team looking into it did their job properly

I assume you all heard about the Top Clients team claiming Coca-Cola isn't a global brand? 🤣

• Like 14

10 hours ago, Yoav.M said:

@meldawn9 - thanks for sharing this here, and for such questions or concerns, you can simply open a ticket to our Support team and ask for clarifications - https://business.fiverr.com/support/business

I have sent messages off but with zero response. I guess I'll have to figure this out myself. I do have a friend who is willing to lend me their smart phone.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Yoav.M said:

@smashradio - thanks as well for sharing your thoughts and concerns here. Did you discuss it with your CSM Samantha? 

Yes, of course. I'd be happy to send over my feedback by e-mail to you. I've aired the concerns here on the forum too, but it's a long one. 🤣

• Like 12

Update: Still zero response from customer service. Borrowed phone did not work. I'm going to buy a new smart phone this weekend, so let's hope this works! Otherwise, I'll be losing tons of money as Fiverr won't pay me out for my earnings.

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Yoav.M said:

@meldawn9 - could you please send here some screenshots of your latest messages to our customer support with no response? 

I did finally get a response from customer service and it's as expected, no simple solution. Someone has given me a free smart phone so I've been working at setting it up. I'm just laughing at the "Please take a moment to verify" from Fiverr's message above, since I've been working at this for a week now. But I should be able to make the timeframe to verify my identity in the next day or so.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, meldawn9 said:

I FINALLY got the QR code to work, and after several attempts, managed to take photos of ID and me. Now under review.

You should get the response soon. Super-fast if the photos are not clear enough and they're asking you for another attempt, and still pretty fast if the verification succeeds.

As for providing ID to buy, I know that there were sellers complaining and saying that buyers should be verified, too. Which, other than alienating buyers, does make sense: if buyers get banned for being abusive to sellers or asking them to break the rules, they won't find it so easy to return. Right now, dishonest buyers don't care: if they get banned, they just create a new account.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

On 7/4/2023 at 2:59 AM, meldawn9 said:

It's done! That was a long process. My only advice to others is "be patient", and "try again" if it doesn't work the first time round.

firstly, congrats!

do you still have that black bar on your account that says:

"Please take a moment to verify your ID within 14 days to continue offering and buying services on Fiverr."

I got an email from Fiverr that says :

"Congrats, your identity was verified! "

But I still can see that black bar on my page !! what about you? I am still stressed

Edited by farshad19rodar
  • Like 10

10 hours ago, farshad19rodar said:

firstly, congrats!

do you still have that black bar on your account that says:

"Please take a moment to verify your ID within 14 days to continue offering and buying services on Fiverr."

I got an email from Fiverr that says :

"Congrats, your identity was verified! "

But I still can see that black bar on my page !! what about you? I am still stressed

No, the black bar went away a few hours after I received the verification email. 

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I’ve never had any get rejected but I have one that’s been saying “pending” for about 3-4 months.

Incredible. Maybe the "relevant team" is researching whether or not it's a global brand by checking if their offices can be found on a globe. 

image.png.be9e5b83fee5a6cb8e62907bc2e04bf2.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I’ve never had any get rejected but I have one that’s been saying “pending” for about 3-4 months.

Mine has been pending since June 2022 (over a year). This is because when Fiverr rolled out the updates to Top Clients, they changed it so that sellers can only pick clients from their drop list. When that happened, they stopped approving clients. So our Top Clients "pending" approval will be there forever. They won't ever be approved unless Fiverr changes its policy.

Based on what I see on the forum (and my own ticket to CS), Fiverr recommends that we delete these clients to make space for clients that are on Fiverr's drop-down list. Since none of my clients are on that list, I'm just keeping these clients in "pending" mode just in case Fiverr changes its mind. All of my Top Clients are smaller unknown clients, but they showcase what I can do.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Since none of my clients are on that list, I'm just keeping these clients in "pending" mode just in case Fiverr changes its mind.

I am slowly updating my gig images, and later, I will add a pdf file to explain more about the services I offer.

Maybe I will add some of my Top clients in the pdf file.

But first I need to reduce my active order list. I have too many orders to finish.

• Like 11