The story of my rise and fall .

veganli

Hi all . I created this topic to talk about my experience, as well as impressions and small victories. I also hope that my topic will touch some issues in more depth and help sellers like me.
I became a seller a few years ago, my activity is related to product photography and modeling. My first orders were small tasks such as taking a photo with a caption and the payment for such orders was $ 5. It was not a lot of money but I was delighted! Over time, the price of my services increased and I began to earn and enjoy.
In a short period of time, I received the title of Level 2 Salesperson. I had thoughts of quitting my main job and completely freelancing, as the money I earned was enough to live on. In addition, I always dreamed of being free and not tied to the workplace. Fiverr gave me new life and I was grateful.
And now I will tell you what happened next, how I lost the page and tried to start all over again.

5-6 people could write to me a day, 3 of them could use my services. I did not want to take on small orders, I was only interested in large fish. This is how I started to grow and become a successful salesperson. My work looked like this, the client contacted me, we discussed the details and then placed the order. The main work was a product photo, that is, the client sent me his product, I received it and took a photo and also a video, depending on the package.
In order to send a product, the client asked me for an address, but Fiverr's policy does not allow sending his data, and this was my failure. I sent customers a shipping address and then I got a warning for violating the rules. Fiverr perceived my actions as an attempt to get in touch with clients outside the trading floor, but in reality this was not at all the case.

My page was frozen and soon completely blocked, and this was my big nightmare since I lost everything I had been working on for two years.

I did not give up and started a new page, but it was not so successful. I couldn't find my past clients who were regulars. And my page is no longer in demand. Different people wrote to me, but there were few clients among them, I was often offered home tasks, it was even such that the client asked me to film how I step on bananas or tomatoes, one of them asked me to film how I douse myself with paint . I refused these strange orders and blacklisted a few pushy people. Over the past two months I have not made a single order and this is very sad. I think my sales career is over.

In conclusion, I want to say that I am very grateful to Fiverr for making me spread my wings and feel like a successful salesperson, despite the fact that my career is over. I read a lot of similar ones but still could not figure out how it all works. Perhaps luck matters here. I want to wish all beginners to achieve heights and fair wind!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, veganli said:

despite the fact that my career is over.

Create new gigs, improve the current ones, etc. I only have orders from return clients, and a lot of people are dealing with the same thing. We are dealing with a recession, and there's also AI along with other similar things. There's still money to be made, but you have to adapt and show you are better than others. So, try to experiment and don't accept any defeat. That's what I recommend.

• Like 20
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, veganli said:

I did not want to take on small orders, I was only interested in large fish

That's a strategy you might want to rethink for your new try and in future. I have customers who, for example, only need a sentence today, but might relaunch their complete website in three months; think more long-term, and more 'repeat/regular customers'. Also, I understand that "small fish" might seem of little interest, and might cost you comparatively too much time (in case they won't ever be middle-sized or big fish at least every once in a while), but maybe think of it as providing great customer service by taking on small orders, and as gathering good karma, and enabling smaller businesses, entrepreneurs, and solopreneurs like yourself.

I don't have "$5 Gigs" for direct order, because I don't want to work with exploitative Fiverr users, but I have no issue sending an agreeable individual a $5 custom offer if they only need a small job done (whether they will or won't ever be a 'big fish').

Fiverr's policy does not allow sending his data, and this

This isn't the case, though, exchange of contact info is permissible, but only within Fiverr's policies, i e. only if needed to fulfill the order, and on the order page of the respective order, not via inbox. Whenever in doubt about a specific "constellation", ask support, to have it "black on white" if needed, and if you're not super sure about the guidelines, you can ask them, too, to make sure you won't act against some or other term or policy.

I want to wish all beginners to achieve heights and fair wind!

Lastly, I want to say that I agree with donnovan86, don't give up, try new ways and new things, and thanks for sharing your experience, even though not smooth, with an upbeat and friendly attitude, this is a much more interesting, informative, helpful and nice to read forum post than many "along those lines".

Best of luck and fair winds to you as well!

Edited by miiila
  • Like 17
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1