Creating a Second Gig: Is Diversifying Worth It?

avantbratch

Hey fellow Fiverr community members! I'm considering branching out and creating a second gig that is completely different from my current one.

My current gig: https://www.fiverr.com/avantbratch/persuasive-social-media-copy-that-compels-action

The second gig will involve writing essays and articles focused on art and art history.

I wanted to gather your insights and experiences on this topic. Have any of you pursued a second gig in a different field? If so, what were the pros and cons you encountered? Did it prove to be a good idea in the long run? I'd love to hear your thoughts and advice on whether diversifying your gig offerings is a wise move. Share your experiences and let's discuss!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, avantbratch said:

Essays are not exclusively limited to homework assignments. They can be written for online magazines, blogs, etc.

Those are articles 🙂The thing is, essays tend to be connected with academic content, so you'll get yourself in trouble if you mess around that area. And if you say that a lot of people offer that, they just weren't caught yet. 🙂

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

Writing essays or any other kind of homework assignments isn't allowed.

38 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Those are articles 🙂The thing is, essays tend to be connected with academic content, so you'll get yourself in trouble if you mess around that area. And if you say that a lot of people offer that, they just weren't caught yet. 🙂

Thanks for the feedback.

Do you have any suggestions for my initial question, about creating a second gig even though I haven't received orders on my first one?

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 1