Payoneer and the Silicon Valley Bank Failure

songbirdcottage

News outlets say that Payoneer was a depositor with Silicon Valley Bank - which just failed on Friday 03.10.2023. It may be too early to tell what the outcomes will be. 

Here are 3 articles I found about the situation:

Payments players caught in SVB fallout | Payments Dive

Payoneer CEO Comments

Payoneer, Unity Software, BILL disclose exposure to Silicon Valley Bank | Seeking Alpha

• Like 11
  • Sad 5

It's not the last one to go, that's for sure. Bank mismanagement gave us the 08 crisis. Government mismanagement gave us the inflation crisis. And now, bank mismanagement AND government mismanagement is working together to kick people in the butt. Go for gold. The physical stuff. Perhaps we can ask Fiverr to start paying us in gold nuggets. 💰

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, songbirdcottage said:

I'm wondering, has anyone has had any issues depositing their funds via Payoneer? 

Not Depositing. But got problem with receiving.

I got trouble receiving my money from client (outside fiverr):

"We need some additional information from you to process the following payment:

"Please provide a document that shows email correspondence or a chat transcript with your client, in which the services provided are clearly stated."

So i provide them with screen shot of my whatsapp chat + project invoice from email. It solve the problem 🙂

Didn't have any problem when withdrawing money from Fiverr though.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, songbirdcottage said:

I'm wondering, has anyone has had any issues depositing their funds via Payoneer? 

No. I have successfully transferred the funds from Payoneer to my Local Bank Today (an hour ago) and faced no issue. Everything seems fine to me!

If you are still in doubt, then you can contact Payoneer via Live Chat and confirm it!

• Like 8

On 3/15/2023 at 3:58 AM, ridwansugi said:

I got trouble receiving my money from client (outside fiverr):

"We need some additional information from you to process the following payment:

"Please provide a document that shows email correspondence or a chat transcript with your client, in which the services provided are clearly stated."

I got the same email - basically, this is not because of some problem with them or something - later I got a reply, that they just need to check that you are not getting money for some illegal activity. I believe they are very careful and want to protect their reputation

• Like 8