Notable Client Section: Platform brand as a "client" because your client is using it

mrerijl

Hey there, just wanted to get some opinion about people who, for example, put "Amazon" or "Fiverr" in their notable client section and then the description reads something about how they did something for someone who uses the platform.

I don't know if you ever came across one, but it seems like a common practice, and I am very unsure whether this is a good practice because this sounds like a scam to me.

I just received access to this feature and want to make the most out of it without tricking my customers.
Would be very happy to get some opinions about this!

Edited by mrerijl
fix typo
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mrerijl said:

I don't know if you ever came across one, but it seems like a common practice, and I am very unsure whether this is a good practice because this sounds like a scam to me.

I just received access to this feature and want to make the most out of it without tricking my customers.
Would be very happy to get some opinions about this!

Unfortunately, there are too many sellers that list big companies as their top clients in misleading ways. For example, they list "Fiverr" as a client because they are listing their services on Fiverr's platform. Or maybe they had a client who was selling something on Amazon, so they list "Amazon" as a client. This is wrong and misleads the customer.

Sellers do this because it makes them look good and it's easy. All they need to do is lists a big client and it posts to their profile immediately. Fiverr doesn't do any fact-checking to see if they are telling the truth.

If you want to do this the proper way, follow Fiverr's guidelines exactly. Fiverr states that you must get the client's permission in order to list them as a top client. If you get this permission in writing, then go ahead and list that client as your top client. If you can't get that permission in writing, don't add them as a top client.

I keep copies of all my clients' permission in case I ever have to prove that I got their permission to list them as top clients.

Unfortunately, doing it this way takes a lot more time because these are usually smaller companies that Fiverr has to manually add in for you. My first top client was added within 2 weeks, so it was fast for that one. I am still waiting for Fiverr to add in top clients that I submitted in August 2022. They have been in "pending" status for 6 months. When I asked Fiverr about it, they told me as long as it's in pending status, it can be approved (if it's rejected, it'll say so). I'm hoping those will get approved soon.

• Like 6
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, vickieito said:

Or maybe they had a client who was selling something on Amazon, so they list "Amazon" as a client. This is wrong and misleads the customer.

Exactly.

I am maybe one of the few people that never got this feature and I see others with the same price I have, way way less reviews and years on the platform that already have it. So at this point.. I just focus on my work..

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1

8 minutes ago, florenciafarkas said:

How do I get this option?

This option is only available to selected sellers so if Fiverr thinks you should get it, it'll appear in your profile.

14 hours ago, vickieito said:

I am still waiting for Fiverr to add in top clients that I submitted in August 2022. They have been in "pending" status for 6 months.

I just checked the Help Center ...it looks like only the "most noteworthy suggestions" will be approved. That might be why mine haven't been approved yet. Maybe my clients aren't noteworthy enough. The first one that got approved right away catered to businesses (B2B) and the others still in pending status were small, private practices.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 9
  • Up 1

19 hours ago, vickieito said:

Sellers do this because it makes them look good and it's easy. All they need to do is lists a big client and it posts to their profile immediately. Fiverr doesn't do any fact-checking to see if they are telling the truth.

These sellers also are shouting to the world of buyers that they are liars. I would not hire a seller who has cheated the system this way! 🤨

4 hours ago, vickieito said:

I just checked the Help Center ...it looks like only the "most noteworthy suggestions" will be approved. That might be why mine haven't been approved yet. Maybe my clients aren't noteworthy enough.

It took a very long time for mine t be approved too. I think it is because Fiverr manually checks on lesser-known companies. Since I filled all my slots, I also have worked with UNICEF and Vista Prints, but I do not want to bother them by asking if I can use them on my "Notable Client" list. 

• Like 9

Really … 

Meanwhile, I have music featured in Amazon prime films and have been hired by fiverr to provide music for their in house content. But now the common consensus will be that by my posting those clients as “examples”, I’m attempting to make them look like my clients - as opposed to them really being my clients.

Okay. Well, not to be outdone, I’m taking their idea to a completely new level. So this just in:

My client list will now include:

Sophia from the Golden Girls.

The Pillsbury Doughboy.

Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.

Edgar Allen Poe. 

Michael Corleone. 

Madame Leota from the haunted mansion.

Brenda and Eddie from “Scenes from an Italian Restaurant.” 

Clarice Starling.

Wyatt Earp.

And Peter Pan’s shadow.

… I’d like to see them bluff a better resume that that. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

• 1 month later...