Nobody Cares and WE are just sheeps

murloc

Fiver has been a dream platform for me since I started selling my services here in 2015. Since then I have worked with hundreds of clients and in time I also felt as a part of the great journey Fiverr was having. ...Until January 16th...

That day, I was having 3 orders running, everything was going great, then suddenly I got an email from Fiverr with the title 'Your account is being reviewed'

I was just thundered. The mail didn't have any explanation. Just said the account is disabled for breaking Fiverr's ToS, I can finish the running orders and withdraw the funds. But that's all. I immediately reached out to the customer support and asked what did I do wrong. Then they checked and said, I have been accused of using multiple accounts.

Well, that was another thunderbolt on my head. Because I always took extra care so my account is not logged in from any other device than my laptop and my phone.

I told the customer support that it's impossible and there must be a mistake. So they went ahead and reached the Trust and Safety team to recheck the issue on behalf of my request. But the response was terrible. They said the decision is final and they will not share any information regarding this.

Well that brought me back to the reality and I understood how insignificant is our efforts are to the people who handle such issues. I am a level 2 seller with over 6k+ earning and more than 150+ five star reviews and they just slammed shut the door for me in an instant without even providing any explanation.

I told the support team that why I would need a second account where I am getting all I need from this account. Well, in reality they didn't have much to do in this case either, as the Trust and Safety team is not entitled to give any answer to the support team. So they shared the condolences and I appreciated them for at least trying to reach the safety team.

I know how little importance this is to the team who handles such cases. They do not care if someone's very livelihood may depend on there decisions and it may literally take someone to the edge based on such a hard step with a false accusation.

Moreover, I had buyers who needed my services to grow their businesses and as I provide web development service, some of the buyer will eventually lose their websites for unable to reach me. I really feel sorry for them.

Now that my journey here is ended, I just want to say to any authoritative person here who may read this, please value your sellers, they are the pillars which build such enormous structures. Don't just throw some out for crimes which they did not commit.

Thank you for reading.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, murloc said:

Fiver has been a dream platform for me since I started selling my services here in 2015. Since then I have worked with hundreds of clients and in time I also felt as a part of the great journey Fiverr was having. ...Until January 16th...

That day, I was having 3 orders running, everything was going great, then suddenly I got an email from Fiverr with the title 'Your account is being reviewed'

I was just thundered. The mail didn't have any explanation. Just said the account is disabled for breaking Fiverr's ToS, I can finish the running orders and withdraw the funds. But that's all. I immediately reached out to the customer support and asked what did I do wrong. Then they checked and said, I have been accused of using multiple accounts.

Well, that was another thunderbolt on my head. Because I always took extra care so my account is not logged in from any other device than my laptop and my phone.

I told the customer support that it's impossible and there must be a mistake. So they went ahead and reached the Trust and Safety team to recheck the issue on behalf of my request. But the response was terrible. They said the decision is final and they will not share any information regarding this.

Well that brought me back to the reality and I understood how insignificant is our efforts are to the people who handle such issues. I am a level 2 seller with over 6k+ earning and more than 150+ five star reviews and they just slammed shut the door for me in an instant without even providing any explanation.

I told the support team that why I would need a second account where I am getting all I need from this account. Well, in reality they didn't have much to do in this case either, as the Trust and Safety team is not entitled to give any answer to the support team. So they shared the condolences and I appreciated them for at least trying to reach the safety team.

I know how little importance this is to the team who handles such cases. They do not care if someone's very livelihood may depend on there decisions and it may literally take someone to the edge based on such a hard step with a false accusation.

Moreover, I had buyers who needed my services to grow their businesses and as I provide web development service, some of the buyer will eventually lose their websites for unable to reach me. I really feel sorry for them.

Now that my journey here is ended, I just want to say to any authoritative person here who may read this, please value your sellers, they are the pillars which build such enormous structures. Don't just throw some out for crimes which they did not commit.

Thank you for reading.

Hi. I am sorry to hear this!

But my question is that do you really have a second Fiverr account?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Hi. I am sorry to hear this!

But my question is that do you really have a second Fiverr account?

No. As I said on my post, why would I need a second account while my only account was performing so well? My account was logged in only from my phone and my laptop, I never even logged in from any other devices, to be extra careful of not being flagged.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

As a buyer, I am very nervous to use the Fiverr platform much because of things like this.

If I build a relationship with someone and depend on them, then they just randomly disappear, I have no way to contact. There is no way to ever take them as a true team member because Fiverr thinks they own everyone who uses their platform.

Their support is always unhelpful. Their fees keep getting sillier (intentionally forcing you into extra transaction fees even if you know you're going to need to transact more, no way to just send it all at once). It's impossible to get anything for $5 here, and that's not a huge deal for me because I want higher quality anyway, but c'mon, you can't keep calling it fiverr when the transaction fee alone will run you at least $5 before the seller even gets paid.

They recently totally changed the UI of posting requests and I have no idea how it works, I just posted a request and there's literally no way for me to see it now and I have no idea how to view requests. Whoever made this UI is unbelievably bad at their job.

Truly I am on the lookout for superior alternative.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2023 at 4:57 PM, murloc said:

No. As I said on my post, why would I need a second account while my only account was performing so well? My account was logged in only from my phone and my laptop, I never even logged in from any other devices, to be extra careful of not being flagged.

There is a possibility that someone else opened his/her account on your devices (either phone or laptop)..

Otherwise present your case again to Customer Support in a polite way.. Don't be rude/harsh.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, iamstevennow said:

Fiverr stupidly removed the function, making it incredibly difficult to find someone to work with.

The Buyer's Request feature was broken, out-dated, and heavily misused. I commend Fiverr for finally removing it, and replacing it with something new.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, masha_a_m said:

please how can i use the search?

As a buyer, you mean? Asking just in case, since my comment was directed at buyers not being able to find sellers to do what they need. It wasn't meant for sellers looking for work.

If you're asking as a buyer, go to the main site (fiverr.com) and enter whatever you're searching for (for example, logo design) into the search bar (the part that says "What service are you looking for today?"). If you wish, you can narrow down the search by various filters (seller's level, their country, language, the price range, options, delivery time...). See what results come up (in case of logo design, it would be tens of thousands results), check the ones you like, and either place the order directly, or contact the seller to discuss what needs to be done.

You can find more information here (with a video): https://www.fiverr.com/content/rt/how-fiverr-works

And there's also more information here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049955673-Find-a-service-and-get-a-quote?segment=buyer

Finding services and sellers through search is Fiverr's main feature. Buyer requests, and now briefs, were more of an afterthought, to be used mostly if you can't find what you're looking for through search.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1