Penalty on gigs

esecemusic

Question

12 answers to this question

Just now, wasifjewel said:

there no penalty for changing little bit in a gig but you shouldn't make any major change at once. if you want to change few things from a single gig you should do it several times. i mean if you want to change pictures, description & price all of these then you may change picture one day then description next day and day after price 
you shouldn't make all these change all at once.....
good luck...

You're speaking Rubbish!  If you need to change your gig then change it!  

Please don't listen to this incorrect advice!

@wasifjewel  some advice for you.  

If you don't know an answer, don't make it up for the sake of forum badges, you will only be caught out

• Like 4
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, wasifjewel said:

@brealsdon't you think any major chance at once can be harmful for any type of ranked gig? 
that's why i suggested him to make some small change & to observe the gig rank.
if i am wrong please enlighten me with details explanation!
thank you in advance...

Sure it will have some impact in the short term. But your gigs are organic documents. If they need to be changed then change them.  Fiverr appreciates that people need to update their content, so this fear factor about doing it in steps, or not at all is complete madness. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, darvondayne said:

While there is no penalty for changing your gig every now and then, I highly suggest you wait some time before changing it again so you can have a better judgment on whether your changes improved your gig or not!

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep it in mind

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, breals said:

so this fear factor about doing it in steps, or not at all is complete madness.

Though if you did do some things in steps it should allow you to see the effect of those changes better. There's currently no way to get A/B testing done (though I think I read that Fiverr might do that for something like gig images). So if x and y are changed and x was a good change but y was bad for impressions/clicks then changing x and y at the same time won't tell you which was the good and which was the bad change.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2

there no penalty for changing little bit in a gig but you shouldn't make any major change at once. if you want to change few things from a single gig you should do it several times. i mean if you want to change pictures, description & price all of these then you may change picture one day then description next day and day after price 
you shouldn't make all these change all at once.....
good luck...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1