Reports about spam messages

natalieab

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys! I’m new here - well, I joined ages ago but only just started listing gigs. Almost as soon as I’d posted my first few gigs I got an email from someone trying to sell me some software I could use to send out mass emails to fiverr users promoting my gigs. I assume this is a spammer trying to sell spamming software? I ignored it anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the message i got:

Dear fiverseolite,

tonyartodd left you a message in your inbox:

"Dear fiverseolite These are just a number of the ways on how a marketer can spread his message through the Internet. There may be other ways of doing viral advertising and marketing and marketers are encouraged to have a look at these possibilities. here (i removed the link) or just watch the video here (i removed the link)

And when i open the link it says, “you have just been hacked” Thank God i was having no money on my account. I just had to change my password today.

Thanks all

Reply to @kjblynx: Yes we hope so and if only every sellers will keep checking out the forum for security alerts. Fiverr on their own part have been very up and doing in securing their system so far, the message was block from my fiverr inbox, it was in my mail i saw the full message and the link they sent to click. I believe fiverr do not have the power to stop spam message from entering the mails connected to our fiverr accounts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have noticed more SPAM messages from FIVERR SELLERS!! I can’t tell you how many spam messages I get in my inbox from other sellers who don’t practice ethical marketing techniques…

Golden Rule applies big time in this issue. You’re going to spam me your gigs in the fiverr messaging platform then you should get that annoyance 10-fold! #Karma

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived