Help me get my money back

gregbertato

Question

Hello!

I am a very new user, jusy shared my first gigs a couple weeks ago, and i was excited to get my first offer to share my services. I first got a link in my email that said " the payment has gone through successfully ", i followed the link to see how i could get my funds and start working. I went to a Fiverr verification page, thay told me that i had to put my credit card in to verify. I didnt think much of it because i thought i was going to get my funds for my service. Then once i did everything, i saw my bank account was charged almost 600 dollars. I am beyond disappointed and upside by thos whole situation. I am a new user, and i feel i got robbed. I thought Fiverr was a legitamte and trusted operation. I need help in trying to get my money back either from Fiverr or my bank. I called my bank to dispute, but thats as far as ive got. If anyone has anything to help me as a new user get my money back, as well as getting paid properly for my work that i advertise on Fiverr. Thank you to anyone who has any help for me.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 answers to this question

Hi @gregbertatosorry to read about this experience. First of all, you should immediately contact your bank again to sort this out, since our Customer Support team cannot help outside Fiverr. Also, please report this user so that our team can take over and block them from the platform. I highly recommend reading our Terms of Service and Forum Rules. This would have prevented you from being scammed like this. Make sure that you avoid these violations in the future, since they'll most probably lead to having the account restricted/blocked. You'll also see how Fiverr works, how to know that a buyer purchased your gig and that the order is placed, and all the dos and don'ts. Make sure you pay attention to what reaches your email, and what was in your chat inbox, since other users shouldn't be able to email you, unless you provide your email first (which is a violation of our ToS). Hope you can sort it out with your bank. Good luck 🍀

• Like 8

Its just unfortunate that my first experience with somethibg like this has defeated me. Like how would i know to look out for things like this on this website. Like i said i am very new user, that this is my first experience?! Very dissapointed even still. Perhaps a disclaimer (that scammers are likely), 

• Like 3