You do not have permission to view this topic.

abauer5188

An important point from that post is also that Fiverr actually gives the wrong information about fees involved

Fees can depend on how you got a Payoneer account, whether through Fiverr, through another platform, through someone’s referral link… It’s not on Fiverr to post information about all the possible ways to get a Payoneer account (especially if some of them are related to their competitors).

Posting a referral link that is beneficial to the reader and definitely relevant to the post doesn’t break these rules in my opinion.

It’s not your decision, though. And mods can remove any post for any reason.

I’m not saying that people should use my link, but they should definitely us someones link.

Why being so obsessed about random strangers getting $25 (or not)?

The whole point of the post was to give some helpful tips to save sellers money, it is only natural to include the part where they can get $25 for free. Especially since they lose that possibly forever if they sign up without it. People deserve to know.

• Like 5

The whole point of the post was to give some helpful tips to save sellers money, it is only natural to include the part where they can get $25 for free. Especially since they lose that possibly forever if they sign up without it. People deserve to know.

It’s nice you want to help people but this isn’t the place. 😄

• Like 5

My post was made to include all the numbers and information needed to make it easier for sellers to decide if they should make the switch.

If you type “paypal or payoneer” in the search bar above there are numerous posts to help people decide what is best for them.

This was a sales pitch building up to a referral link which was of benefit to you.

The included referral link was mostly to make sure the users had all the information easily available to them. A lot more convenient than having to google a link.

Would it be okay to include a random referral link instead you of my own? That certainly wouldn’t be self promotion.

• Like 6

From the Payoneer website:
A Reward valued at US $25 (twenty five US dollars) (or such other amount as specified in the landing page from which the Referred Customer accessed these Terms and Conditions) (the “Reward”) shall be awarded by Payoneer to each of the Referrer and the Referred Customer that are parties to a Qualified Referral.

The purpose of your post was to make money. This is why it was removed.

• Like 10

Anyways all this effort its just not worth it guys … just earn money and withdraw them on the platfrom that you feel most comfortable with in your country and dont worry about the fees

It takes literally 5 min to set up a new withdrawal method and it could save sellers with my volume of sales hundreds of dollars. The best selling sellers could save thousands of dollars every year. That is definitely worth 5 min, and I think people should have the needed information to make this choice. I can’t speak for you or anyone else, but I am personally very happy about having spent 5 min to earn hundreds or dollars extra per year.

• Like 5

From the Payoneer website:

A Reward valued at US $25 (twenty five US dollars) (or such other amount as specified in the landing page from which the Referred Customer accessed these Terms and Conditions) (the “Reward”) shall be awarded by Payoneer to each of the Referrer and the Referred Customer that are parties to a Qualified Referral.

The purpose of your post was to make money. This is why it was removed.

The purpose of the post was to help sellers, that is why I made a edit remove the link and suggest that people google for a referral link instead. It is only natural give people the possibility to get $25 for free in a post that is literally about getting the most amount of money possible with the tools given to us. The referral link was very relevant and definitely beneficial to anyone reading the post.

Would you be more comfortable if I included a random referral link from google instead of my own?

• Like 6

On 5/23/2020 at 4:35 PM, kno010 said:

if I included a random referral link from google instead of my own?

it’s not going to fly here. This isn’t the place for any type of sign up referral link whether it’s yours or not.

You could suggest people seek the link on google.

• Like 6

So that would mean I can post something similar without the referral link?

Could you also please let me know where in the ToS this is specified? I can’t remember reading about this and couldn’t seem to find it anywhere in the ToS.

Without referral links your post (the previous one) seems to be ok 😉

• Like 10

On 5/23/2020 at 4:39 PM, kno010 said:

The included referral link was mostly to make sure the users had all the information easily available to them.

On most forums, a referral link is considered to be spam unless such links are explicitly allowed. 

• Like 9

On 5/23/2020 at 4:42 PM, kno010 said:

The whole point of the post was to give some helpful tips to save sellers money

Saving other people money by signing up through your referral link that makes you money.

Yes. That is spam. 

• Like 10

The whole point of the post was to give some helpful tips to save sellers money

Saving other people money by signing up through your referral link that makes you money.

Yes. That is spam.

The person signing up also gets $25 that is why they should use a referral link.

I repost my original post without the referral link, but I will still be recommending that users sign up using a referral link to get that free money.

• Like 6

Like I said…

On 5/23/2020 at 4:45 PM, jonbaas said:

Yes. That is spam.

If you benefit from a link you post, either financially, or via a promotional reward, then it is spam. 

• Like 11

I reposted it without my link. In my opinion the original was not anymore spam than this one, and if anything the new post makes it more difficult for readers to get the information they need as they will now have to google and try to find a link. 

• Like 7

On 5/23/2020 at 4:57 PM, kno010 said:

In my opinion the original was not anymore spam than this one

If a mod removed that link, then, no matter what you think of that promotional link, it was inappropriate according to the forum rules. 

• Like 8

In my opinion the original was not anymore spam than this one

If a mod removed that link, then, no matter what you think of that promotional link, it was inappropriate according to the forum rules.

It might have been inappropriate according to some vaguely written rules, but it definitely wasn’t spam.

• Like 7

It might have been inappropriate according to some vaguely written rules, but it definitely wasn’t spam.

Technically you are correct since the definition of spam is a little different from that. But it’s promoting something. Whether you get paid from it or not it promotes Payoneer. So it is that aspect of it that is not allowed.

To simply talk about it is one thing and that’s ok but to have any sort of a link is more in line with really posting a promotion.

• Like 7

I understand that this is what I was doing wrong, but could you please tell me where it says that this is a violation of the rules? I shouldn’t have to guess what the rules are, and I can’t seem to find anything about this in Fiverr ToS or the community guidelines.

Thank you.

Well, you should know. It’s common sense that you don’t put an affiliate link in a forum because it’s extremely unethical. Why would you be able to use the forum to make money? And why would we allow you to post something that you’re biased about? (If you’re making money, what you’re sharing isn’t objective).

You’re also not allowed to breach the terms of third-party services on Fiverr or in the forum. And this is a breach of your affiliate.

No affiliate marketing program anywhere allows you to post your affiliate links in forums because it’s spam and if they allowed than then people would post them everywhere and be dishonest about their affiliate relationship as you have done. It’s also a bias issue. You can’t be objective about a link you’re sharing if you make money off it. I also noticed that you didn’t disclose that you were an affiliate in that original message. I shouldn’t need to explain to you why that is also a breach of your affiliate. It’s extremely unethical to post an affiliate link without disclosing that that is what it is is. It’s dishonest.

As an affiliate marketer you sign an agreement with your affiliate. Read it.

It’s disturbing that you need to be told why it’s unethical to post an affiliate marketing link in a forum. It’s spam on top of being dishonest. You aren’t allowed to spam the forum. That’s in the community standards.

It’s even more disturbing that you didn’t think to disclose that it was an affiliate link and are oblivious to the breach of ethics involved in failing to disclose. ALL affiliate programs require you to disclose that you make money off of sales made after clicks. That’s common sense. Sorry. Read your affiliate’s ToS.

Don’t agree to a company’s ToS without reading and understanding it…

• Like 7

I go to brush my teeth before bed and boom, 48 replies on how he wants 25$ but doesn’t but does, but I can put my referral link, but I won’t and why TOS but why, and I don’t, and I do…

Let’s all put our referral links here and see who gets more clicks!

Good night.

• Like 8

On 5/23/2020 at 5:40 PM, kno010 said:

I also noticed that you didn’t disclose that you were an affiliate in that original message.

This is not true, my original post said this:

And one last tip that I unfortunately did not know about when signing up for Payoneer is that if you use a referral link to sign up you will get $25 for free after you use Payoneer to receive $1000, the person inviting you will also get $25. Please keep in mind that although you are under no obligation whatsoever to use my link, you should definitely use someones link to make sure you get that free money. This is my link if you would like to use it: [link]

as you can see I was very clear about it being my link and that I would get $25, I also specifically said that although it is recommended to use a link it doesn’t have to be mine.

You can read the ToS for this referral program here: https://www.payoneer.com/partners/raf-terms-of-use/

And the way I see it I have not broken these ToS, neither have I broken any Fiverr ToS that I know about. I always read ToS agreements before agreeing, but it seems like most people don’t since they keep claiming that I have broken it without being able to show me the part of the agreement that has been broken.

Who keeps flagging my posts as spam?

Your post was flagged by the community. Please see your messages.

View ignored content.

• Like 7

you again posted the referral link (I assume it’s a referral link if not it’s a wired long URL )

I mean surly context matters? I was simply quoting my previous post to show that I did in fact disclose all affiliation in my original post. I wasn’t suggesting that anyone click on the link.

• Like 7

On 5/23/2020 at 5:53 PM, kno010 said:

This is not true, my original post said this:

as you can see I was very clear about it being my link and that I would get $25, I also specifically said that although it is recommended to use a link it doesn’t have to be mine.

You can read the ToS for this referral program here: https://www.payoneer.com/partners/raf-terms-of-use/

And the way I see it I have not broken these ToS, neither have I broken any Fiverr ToS that I know about. I always read ToS agreements before agreeing, but it seems like most people don’t since they keep claiming that I have broken it without being able to show me the part of the agreement that has been broken.

From Payoneer: “any other promotion of a Referral Link in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or “spam” in Payoneer’s sole discretion is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination of the Referrer’s participation in the Program, the Referrer’s Payoneer account and Referrer’s eligibility for Payoneer Payment Services, including deactivation of the Referral Link.”

Using a forum to try to get affiliate sales IS spam.

From the forum community guidelines post:

Posts with Requests for Sales/Buyers that are posted may be deleted without warning. Since all users should be aware of the rules on promotion, when moderators lack time to edit/move posts to a correct category the post may instead just be removed.

The forum team of volunteers and staff members reserve the right to remove/move/edit any or all posts at any time and ban the user if deemed necessary.

And from the forum community standards:

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/integrity-authenticity

“We do not allow the Infringement of third parties terms of service on Fiverr.” – You did. Payoneer doesn’t allow this.

"We define spam on Fiverr as messaging activity that is unwanted, repeatedly occurring and disruptive to the experience of recipients. Spam can take many forms ranging from unwanted offers to commercially-motivated solicitations that aim to drive traffic or attention to websites, products, and services outside of Fiverr."

It’s there in black and white. You say you read it but you evidently didn’t read closely enough, did you?

In any case, you don’t use a forum to try to sell things. It’s absurd that you think that the forum owes it to you to allow that and that you’re oblivious to how unethical that is. 

• Like 11