You do not have permission to view this topic.

abauer5188

From Payoneer: “any other promotion of a Referral Link in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or “spam” in Payoneer’s sole discretion is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination of the Referrer’s participation in the Program, the Referrer’s Payoneer account and Referrer’s eligibility for Payoneer Payment Services, including deactivation of the Referral Link.”

Using a forum to try to get affiliate sales IS spam.

From the forum community guidelines post:

Posts with Requests for Sales/Buyers that are posted may be deleted without warning. Since all users should be aware of the rules on promotion, when moderators lack time to edit/move posts to a correct category the post may instead just be removed.

The forum team of volunteers and staff members reserve the right to remove/move/edit any or all posts at any time and ban the user if deemed necessary.

And from the forum community standards:

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/integrity-authenticity

“We do not allow the Infringement of third parties terms of service on Fiverr.” – You did. Payoneer doesn’t allow this.

"We define spam on Fiverr as messaging activity that is unwanted, repeatedly occurring and disruptive to the experience of recipients. Spam can take many forms ranging from unwanted offers to commercially-motivated solicitations that aim to drive traffic or attention to websites, products, and services outside of Fiverr."

It’s there in black and white. You say you read it but you evidently didn’t read closely enough, did you?

In any case, you don’t use a forum to try to sell things. It’s absurd that you think that the forum owes it to you to allow that and that you’re oblivious to how unethical that is.

From Payoneer: “any other promotion of a Referral Link in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or “spam” in Payoneer’s sole discretion is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination of the Referrer’s participation in the Program, the Referrer’s Payoneer account and Referrer’s eligibility for Payoneer Payment Services, including deactivation of the Referral Link.”

As I have explained earlier my post definitely wasn’t spam. It contained valuable information and was perfect for the “Tips for sellers” category.

Posts with Requests for Sales/Buyers that are posted may be deleted without warning. Since all users should be aware of the rules on promotion, when moderators lack time to edit/move posts to a correct category the post may instead just be removed.

I did never request that anyone buy something, everything I linked and talked about was free (in fact it would actually save the users money over time). I did not break this rule.

“We define spam on Fiverr as messaging activity that is unwanted, repeatedly occurring and disruptive to the experience of recipients. Spam can take many forms ranging from unwanted offers to commercially-motivated solicitations that aim to drive traffic or attention to websites, products, and services outside of Fiverr.”

Again didn’t break this ToS. My post was not unwanted (as it was a perfectly valid tip for sellers), was not repeatedly occurring as it was only one post, and also not disruptive to the experience at all as it fits perfectly within the kind of tips you would expect to find in this part of the forum. And even if I was somehow breaking this part of the ToS it specifically relates to messaging people, and isn’t relevant for forum posts.

In any case, you don’t use a forum to try to sell things. It’s absurd that you think that the forum owes it to you to allow that and that you’re oblivious to how unethical that is.

I wasn’t trying to sell anything, my only intention was to help out sellers on the plattform and even if they had used my link they still would not have had to purchase anything and would actually be better of than continuing to use PayPal or signing up without using a link. I did specifically say that the important part was to use a referral link, and that it didn’t need to be my link. In my opinion this isn’t unethical at all since all the numbers and facts are there for them to make the decision themselves it is not link I was trying to trick anyone into signing up.

I think we can finish this discussion here. I now have an active post that doesn’t contain my link, hopefully this will help some sellers save some money. We both got what we wanted in the end.

• Like 7

As I have explained earlier my post definitely wasn’t spam. It contained valuable information and was perfect for the “Tips for sellers” category.

I did never request that anyone buy something, everything I linked and talked about was free (in fact it would actually save the users money over time). I did not break this rule.

“We define spam on Fiverr as messaging activity that is unwanted, repeatedly occurring and disruptive to the experience of recipients. Spam can take many forms ranging from unwanted offers to commercially-motivated solicitations that aim to drive traffic or attention to websites, products, and services outside of Fiverr.”

Again didn’t break this ToS. My post was not unwanted (as it was a perfectly valid tip for sellers), was not repeatedly occurring as it was only one post, and also not disruptive to the experience at all as it fits perfectly within the kind of tips you would expect to find in this part of the forum. And even if I was somehow breaking this part of the ToS it specifically relates to messaging people, and isn’t relevant for forum posts.

I wasn’t trying to sell anything, my only intention was to help out sellers on the plattform and even if they had used my link they still would not have had to purchase anything and would actually be better of than continuing to use PayPal or signing up without using a link. I did specifically say that the important part was to use a referral link, and that it didn’t need to be my link. In my opinion this isn’t unethical at all since all the numbers and facts are there for them to make the decision themselves it is not link I was trying to trick anyone into signing up.

I think we can finish this discussion here. I now have an active post that doesn’t contain my link, hopefully this will help some sellers save some money. We both got what we wanted in the end.

You’re posts are lengthy. This subject doesn’t require such long posts. It’s really overkill at this point.

• Like 6

Hopefully OP got the answer what he looking for, so can we close the thread?

I think he got the answer but that’s just my opinion.

Yes, I got the answer. We did get a little sidetracked with so many people wanting to argue with me for some reason. I have no idea why this had to be a tread with 60+ replies lol.

• Like 7

Yes, I got the answer. We did get a little sidetracked with so many people wanting to argue with me for some reason. I have no idea why this had to be a tread with 60+ replies lol.

People like to argue for whatever reason.

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/273623-tips-from-expert-buyer-to-new-sellers/#comment-1715560

Thanks for your reply.

MAYBE there is a setting in my browser that is hiding the post from me?

MAYBE board moderators shall send a notice informing users of censorship dactions taken against the poster?

MAYBE the Fiverr Board Moderators have determined that I voted for the wrong political party?

• Like 13
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aarontgladiator said:

I'm assuming that

YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO VIEW THIS TOPIC.

prsaiful, creativelogo37, kazi_asrar27 and 3 others reacted to a post in a topic TIPS FROM EXPERT BUYER TO NEW SELLERS
Yesterday at 02:06 AM
prsaiful
prsaiful, creativelogo37, abutahirshafin and 9 others reacted to a post in a topic TIPS FROM EXPERT BUYER TO NEW SELLERS
Yesterday at 02:06 AM
prolancer_007
prolancer_007 quoted you in a topic: TIPS FROM EXPERT BUYER TO NEW SELLERS
Sunday at 12:54 PM
khadizayaan
khadizayaan quoted you in a topic: TIPS FROM EXPERT BUYER TO NEW SELLERS
Sunday at 01:13 AM
leadgenhub
leadgenhub quoted you in a topic: TIPS FROM EXPERT BUYER TO NEW SELLERS
January 29
mauro_523
mauro_523 quoted you in a topic: TIPS FROM EXPERT BUYER TO NEW SELLERS
January 28

• Like 11
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2022 at 9:31 AM, dracula_blood said:

So which Dragon's head must I deliver on a silver platter to "whomever" so that I may see the topic I created, along with any comments left by other readers?

The forum topic you are referring to has either been deleted, or removed from public access. You won't be able to see the comments in that topic, because the forum mods have removed access to that topic.

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Do I deserve to know WHY it was removed without any opportunity to modify what part was found to be offensive to the Moderator?

I too run a bulletin board and only delete viagara and similar unrelated posts.

All submitters know why their posts had been censored

In this case, others have been allowed to post comments but I have not been permitted to know what is said behind my back. I don't think this is proper procedures.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

• 3 months later...

The topic that disappeared overnight was one that didn't deserve to be kidnapped. It didn't violate any community guidelines and never meant any harm. However, it became the subject of much speculation and debate when it vanished without a trace. Some believe that the topic was taken down by the site's moderators, while others think it was removed by accident. Whatever the case may be, the topic is gone and we may never know what happened to it.

Rest in peace "What to expect when ordering a content writing service" 🥲

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, aliomarsh said:

Some believe that the topic was taken down by the site's mo derators, while others think it was removed by accident.

Topics are not getting removed by accident. If the comments took the wrong turn and violated community standards then that could be a good reason for it to be removed 

• Like 10
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 6

9 hours ago, aliomarsh said:

"What to expect when ordering a content writing service"

I don't know for sure, and this is just a guess, but since you offer writing as a service, probably forum rule 6 or 7b

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/253722-community-standards-forum-rules-2021

6. You may post links that are relevant to the discussions as long as they are not links to your own website, blog or otherwise violate ToS or these rules. Gig/profile links belong in My Fiverr Gigs. All links and posts should comply with and the Fiverr Community Standards. Unapproved links will cause link or post removal.

7b. [...] Ads, Self-Promotion, Posts with Requests for Sales/Buyers that are posted may be deleted without warning. Since all users should be aware of the rules on promotion, when moderators lack time to edit/move posts to a correct category the post may instead just be removed.

• Like 10
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 7

Most likely, rule 7b. I completely forgot about it. To be honest, we wrote that topic specifically to benefit others and use it as a marketing strategy. It's not so foggy anymore. I can see the sunlight once again. Thanks a bunch for clarifying that!

It is safe to say that the events of the past week have been consuming our every thought and discussion. The topic has taken over social media, workplace conversations, and family discussions. It has even infiltrated our dreams. Whether we are for or against the topic, there is no escaping its reach.

• Like 11
  • Haha 4
  • Congrats! 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...