Buyer wants my email ID to give hosting access, What to do?

intro6

Hello Good people, 

So, My prospective buyer is asking for my email ID so that he can give me the access of his hosting account, as he is not comfortable to share his own password. I know it's against Fiverr TOS. Gone through few posts already, but I am still confused what should I do? Please give some suggestions.

Thanks!

• Like 12

Whenever buyers needed to give me access to their websites (in my case, though, it was read-only access, so I could read the information I needed to write for them), they gave me login credentials. It was safer that way for them, too, because they could just delete them as soon as I was done.

Perhaps that would work in your case, too?

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Whenever buyers needed to give me access to their websites (in my case, though, it was read-only access, so I could read the information I needed to write for them), they gave me login credentials. It was safer that way for them, too, because they could just delete them as soon as I was done.

Perhaps that would work in your case, too?

He clearly said, he isn't comfortable sharing his password and he only wants to give access with my email ID. 😞

• Like 7

5 hours ago, intro6 said:

He clearly said, he isn't comfortable sharing his password and he only wants to give access with my email ID. 😞

You are allowed to share email IF it is necessary to complete the gig. However, to be extra safe I would email support@fiverr.com and explain the situation. They should understand, and then if you get a warning for it later you can say that you checked with support and they said it was OK.

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, intro6 said:

He clearly said, he isn't comfortable sharing his password

He doesn't have to share his password. The website owners who gave me login credential created them for me (username/email and password), and deleted them afterwards.

Or you can do as others suggested, contact Customer Support first to let them know what's happening and ask if it's ok, and then share details on the order page after the buyer places the order (and explain to the buyer that, as per Fiverr's Terms of Service, you're only allowed to share your email address with him if it's strictly necessary and even then, only on the order page, never in inbox).

• Like 7

I had this issue before and messaged Support to ask whether or not it would be allowed. In that case it was, since I couldn't do the gig without it, but so long as you ASK permission and wait for the answer, you should be fine (unless they say no! And then you'll have to find another way else your account will be at risk).

• Like 4