5 answers to this question

Hi @clearity1, Welcome to the forum!

6 hours ago, clearity1 said:

Hello fiverr, 

How does buyers reviews and arguments/order cancellations affect my gig

1) Buyer Reviews

Buyers are asked to leave three reviews on each order (2 private and 1 public):

image.thumb.png.5729095129d2dee0a0f86c2fa4f49289.png

• Public reviews affects how potential buyers see you and can give you credibility, especially when delivery images are included with the reviews.
  • Some buyers will have a criteria based on seller reviews (e.g., I will only work with sellers with 20+ 5-star reviews).
  • If you have negative public reviews, it's important that you respond to them in a professional manner. Often a seller's response to a negative review will tell buyers  more about them than a response to a positive one. Sometimes I'll be impressed with how a seller responds to a negative review (and it'll make me want to buy from them).
  • That 3rd Review, the Private Feedback that you'll never see, has a huge impact on how your gig performs on the marketplace. If you receive a negative private review, you'll see your gig impressions plummet and it will be on your record for as long as 90 days. Some sellers never recover from this hit.

2) Cancelations

• If your orders are canceled due to buyer error (e.g., ordered by mistake, requesting work outside of scope of the order, non-responsive buyer, etc,), this shouldn't affect your seller statistics. Contact Customer Support to ensure that it doesn't affect your order completion rate.
  • Other cancelations that don't affect your order completion rate: orders canceled before the order requirements are submitted and orders canceled with the buyer purchasing from you within 2 weeks of the cancelation.
  • Orders canceled due to seller error will affect your order completion rate, so you should work hard on delivering quality work and keeping your customers happy.
  • Buyers can leave private reviews on canceled orders if they initiate the cancelation.

Note: Your private reviews will affect your gig's performance more than cancelations. Cancelations only negatively affect you if your order completion rate goes below 90% or if the customer is also unhappy when you are canceling.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

18 minutes ago, vickieito said:

No. I really wanted to leave a private review when a seller canceled on me, but was not given that option

Really? Did they remove it? They didn’t even send you an email for private feedback? (Not fiverr page step after cancellation) 

money of my clients had to cancel the order and place a new one and she told me that she still left a good private review in cancelled order

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Really? Did they remove it? They didn’t even send you an email for private feedback? (Not fiverr page step after cancellation) 

As a buyer, I've never had the option of leaving feedback on an order canceled by the seller (not by email or on the order page). I had three such cancelations in January and one in September. 

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

money of my clients had to cancel the order and place a new one and she told me that she still left a good private review in cancelled order

The one time I did initiate the cancelation as a buyer, I had the option to leave a private review (my last one was in August).

The only time I initiated a cancelation as a buyer was because it was flooding in Pakistan and my seller couldn't initiate the cancelation. Normally my sellers will initiate the cancelation, so I never knew there was an option for buyers to leave a private review on canceled orders until I canceled the order in August due to flooding.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 5