Send email address to clients

prof_serv1ce

Question

Hi,

I'm aware of fiverr TOS policies that we are not allowed to share our email with the clients. I'm an accountant. In my industry, client's have to add me as their accountant in the accounting software for which I need to send them my email. I first have to look at their account once they add me as their accountant and then quote them a price to get the order. My work cannot be done without sending my email address to client. 

Can anyone please help me in this scenario?

• Like 7
  • Up 1

3 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, prof_serv1ce said:

Can anyone please help me in this scenario?

You can only share your email as part of an order (in the order chats), as long as it is necessary for you to complete the gig. You won't be able to share it before placing an order. Because of that, if you need to log in and view your clients' data in order to provide a quote for them, make that a gig (or package). It could be called an "Initial Assessment" gig (or package). Then you could provide your email in the order chats and your delivery will be your quote.

You can then provide a custom offer (for the price you quoted) to do the main job.

Depending on the gig, quoting might take a lot of your time - so it's important that you get paid for your time. For gigs that are easy to quote, I'll provide a quote free of charge. For gigs that require more preliminary work and research to quote, I charge $50 for a consultation or $100 for a detailed outline.

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

You need to use your best judgment when evaluating buyers. Some clients use Google Drive, so if you give them your email address to work with them or evaluate files, then it is part of evaluating the buyer's requirement. But if you are giving them your contact information just to communicate outside of the purchase process, that is on you.

• Like 5
  • Up 1