Seller Plus, Standard

poshlulla

I have some questions about the new tier for Seller Plus. For the cost of it, I don't find it offers enough value to opt in. Fiverr makes up a pretty small portion of my income pie so the cost wouldn't be worth it for me.

Unless.

Is this the start of paywall? Does joining offer unlisted, future benefits? Such as subscribers get shown in search more often? Can customers see who is Seller Plus vs not? If subscribers are not given these unknown benefits, are not subscribed sellers penalized in any way?

TIA.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, poshlulla said:

Does joining offer unlisted, future benefits?

All the benefits are the ones listed, and you get them right now. They are adding new services all the time, but for the most part Standard is the way to go unless you want help from a success manager and withdrawing money immediately for a fee. It's not really a paywall, because it's not something mandatory.

Can customers see who is Seller Plus vs not?

No, they can't see. However, as a Seller Plus member you receive information about the average price a buyer pays on Fiverr, what ratings they provide, etc. So it can be quite informative.

If subscribers are not given these unknown benefits, are not subscribed sellers penalized in any way?

Again, no. It doesn't penalize anyone. It's just an extra way for Fiverr to make money, while also offering you a few extra features. At the end of the day, you are the one that decides if this is worth it or not. Since you said you barely work on Fiverr, maybe not. For a Fiverr full timer or someone that has more than 50% of their income from Fiverr, absolutely. But again, you are the only one to pick. You're not forced to enter the program and you're not penalized if you ignore it so...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, poshlulla said:

Can customers see who is Seller Plus vs not

While it doesn't show it as far as I know, If the seller gave the buyer coupons and the buyer knew that only Seller Plus members can do that then they'd know the seller must be a Seller Plus Member.

• Like 6

I agree, it depends on what you want to get from fiverr. At least for now it’s definitely not a paywall. Maybe in the future, but who knows. 
It has extra analytics which can help you grow and adapt your fiverr offers  but if you are not planning to do that then probably it’s not worth it 

• Like 6

Fiverr used to be a bigger chunk of my pie but back in the spring that stupid virus put me in the hospital. I had cancellations out the wazoo because i had orders in progress plus new orders came in. I went from level 2 to nada and never really recovered. 

My other contracts weren't damaged as badly and have continued to grow. Since my calendars pretty full, I've not been worrying about Fiverr. I get a few orders here and there but like a hundred bucks a month? 

After the exchange, the plus is $30 bucks a month for me - so I don't think it's worth it. Unless, like I said, there's hidden benefits to split out the scammys.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, poshlulla said:

After the exchange, the plus is $30 bucks a month for me - so I don't think it's worth it. Unless, like I said, there's hidden benefits to split out the scammys.

There is a dedicated manager though, perhaps you can try it for one month to really solidify your answer whether or not its for you. But its definitely not mandatory and there are no penalties if you don't get it.

• Like 6

I don't know where you are and how your tax situation is, but if you pay any, you should be able to offset it as a business expense, which might make it sound less expensive. Just something to keep in mind, as I never see it brought up when this topic appears. I love the Buyer Insights feature very much, by the way, and I'd agree with everyone who says, at least try it out for a month and see if it's worth it to you or not.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

While it doesn't show it as far as I know, If the seller gave the buyer coupons and the buyer knew that only Seller Plus members can do that then they'd know the seller must be a Seller Plus Member.

True, but they can't see outright while searching for sellers, which is what the OP asked for. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Maybe in the future, but who knows. 

I doubt it will be a paywall, instead it will be a nice-to-have thing turned into a necessity for serious sellers. But I don't see Fiverr charging every seller something just to sell on Fiverr. But who knows, I never expected to see any war in Europe during my lifetime and I was wrong so.. only time can tell that.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, catwriter said:

There was a civil war in the former Yugoslavia back in the nineties, but I don't know if you count it as within your lifetime.

Well, that wasn't really between two countries... It was mostly between multiple smaller republics belonging to the same country. This one is scary because it has one of the major world powers involved in it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

I do too. I was able to avoid some nasty buyers thanks to it. 

Same I love that feature!!! These are my own observations but almost 90% of the time of those who have a large scope project who has spent an average of under $20 for more than 10 projects still expect the quote to be around that price as well.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I agree, it depends on what you want to get from fiverr. At least for now it’s definitely not a paywall. Maybe in the future, but who knows. 
It has extra analytics which can help you grow and adapt your fiverr offers  but if you are not planning to do that then probably it’s not worth it 

Right

• Like 4