fraudsters?

lovingpetplus

I am just finished two day long daze with two person, and i manage at the end to copy our last chat, which is frightening. To me,  beacause I trust people and somebody from time to time rip me a part which is why I am reacting like this and maybe to all of you this may be a good or perfect laugh...Can I post our conversation...we write all messages one to another...and its not loing at all...here it is...

Iam Darko Atanasijevic and she is Leena Nair,Staff Recruiter Topta

...and although I provide a writing service...thisn is AWKWARD. inocent start first

Darko Atanasijević, [Aug 26, 2022 at 05:44]l
Hello there. My name is Darko, I am content writer from Serbia. I bealieve your colleague annemandes contact me on Fiverr and referred me to you  for little more guidenes on your project. You can contact me when it's convenient for you. Greeting

Leena Nair, [Aug 26, 2022 at 09:50]
Hi, I’m Leena Nair, Staff Recruiter Toptal, may I know your name and country of residence?

Darko Atanasijević, [Aug 26, 2022 at 10:17]
Hello! Offcourse, My full name is Darko Atanasijevic, and I live in city of  Belgrade,and Serbia is name of country.

then folows next...

Leena Nair, [Aug 26, 2022 at 11:02]
Nice to have you here

Leena Nair, [Aug 26, 2022 at 11:02]
Firstly let me tell you a little bit about our company…

Toptal is a global remote company that provides a freelancing platform that connects businesses with software engineers, designers, finance experts, data experts, and project managers. 

For the past years, Toptal has provided process-driven digital solutions for clients in the global marketplace…

Darko Atanasijević, [Aug 26, 2022 at 11:22]
Thank you very much,  I appreciate fact that you contacted me a lot. Also, if we struck some kind of business deal it would be amazing. Can't wait to hear some more details about work that need to be done.

then she wasn't sure if I was up to it all ??

Leena Nair, [Aug 26, 2022 at 11:23]
Ok look, we have a transcription job which involves copy typing of texts in images to word documents in microsoft word, you just have to type as seen

Leena Nair, [Aug 26, 2022 at 11:23]
Do you have what it takes to partake in this project?

Darko Atanasijević, [Aug 26, 2022 at 11:31]
Off course, that seems prity simple..but I am qualified and ready for all those things I have stated...so, whenever you think its time to start working just send me material, requirements , and what's my tasks..that is whats expected from me to be done.

Leena Nair, [Aug 26, 2022 at 11:31]
Alright

Leena Nair, [Aug 26, 2022 at 11:31]
Tell me how good you are and how many years experience do you have?

• Like 5
  • Up 1

On 8/26/2022 at 12:50 PM, lovingpetplus said:

I bealieve your colleague ... contact me on Fiverr and referred me to you  for little more guidenes on your project.

If someone contacts you on Fiverr and asks you contact off Fiverr don't do it. Fiverr has rules about that. 

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Fraud attempt via Fiverr

Lately I have been receiving several messages from people who need help with digitizing translation of texts. They are trying to lure users away from Fiverr and conduct business on Telegram. They pretend to be employees of the "Toptal" agency. In the process, they send a PDF document that is supposed to be instructional material. Different packages are offered with different order volumes and profit opportunities. The trick: in order to receive the order, you have to pay a refundable deposit in the amount of 50 dollars... This looks very much like a scam. What are your experiences?
Attached you will find the PDF document. It is also suspicious that the logo is not the original Toptal logo. The font has been changed. I hope I could help you not to fall into the scam-trap.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

23 minutes ago, dreamfreak said:

It is also suspicious that the logo is not the original Toptal logo.

If the file seems suspicious, don't open it. This file might very well have viruses and malware. 

23 minutes ago, dreamfreak said:

The trick: in order to receive the order, you have to pay a refundable deposit in the amount of 50 dollars... This looks very much like a scam. What are your experiences?

If it sounds too good to be true, then that's most likely the case. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Meet Karena Howells, your personal scammer

So, my wife just created her first gig a few days ago, and in the last days she is receiving A LOT of messages from people inviting her to do some projects outside Fiverr (mostly writing, translation etc).

All of those messages gets flagged automatically as a spam by Fiverr, because those people are saying to contact people in Telegram.

So I decided to "bite the bait" with her last contact: Karena Howells, "Project Manager at Toptal".

Meet "Karena Howells":

spacer.png

The conversation goes below:

spacer.png

After that, she stopped speaking.

I searched this forum and found some reports about a "project manager at Toptal" trying to scam Fiverr users, charging US$50.00 to deliver a order for a project.

Beware of scammers, fellow colleagues. They are everywhere.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, joaotextor said:

Beware of scammers, fellow colleagues. They are everywhere.

That is true and I couldn't agree more.

12 hours ago, joaotextor said:

So I decided to "bite the bait" with her last contact: Karena Howells, "Project Manager at Toptal".

However, remember contacting people outside Fiverr (even if your intention was really to explore just out of curiosity) is a violation of the Fiverr terms of service. And can lead to your account getting a warning or even deleted.  

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...

What the hell is wrong with the "toptal" scammers

Please look at this screenshot . I am new on fiverr, I did not recive ANY order in 2 weeks only scam attempts , do I have a chance of a normal human beeing to find me and make a real order? They all want me to add them on telegrram , I gat around 10 msges like this / day. Do fiverr have an issue? Please look: 

image.png.ff68d85d249083c10a6b162031fd38a6.png

• Like 4
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, max3dmodel said:

Yes, you have. And yet it depends on your performance. just mark them as spam when you see scam messages like that. 

This is unacceptable tho, i get 10 every day. No exceptions. I had to disable email notifications because of fhem. Why fiverr is not puting an ID system check at the registration?How do theese spam account keep registering ? Dont you need a phone number ?

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, rigthawaymedia said:

This is unacceptable tho, i get 10 every day. No exceptions. I had to disable email notifications because of fhem. Why fiverr is not puting an ID system check at the registration?How do theese spam account keep registering ? Dont you need a phone number ?

It doesn't matter. Scammers will always find a way to scam. That's what they do. It's our job to identify such things. If someone asks you to contact or work outside of Fiverr, always say NO and report them right away. Otherwise, you will be the one who gets the warning (might get banned). 

33 minutes ago, rigthawaymedia said:

How do theese spam account keep registering ?

Fiverr doesn't have an AI to detect someone's intention when creating an account. Anyone can create an account. Don't worry Fiverr disable those accounts when they review the reports. You can help the system by marking them as spam or even reporting them. 

As a new seller, focus on getting orders instead of thinking about scam messages.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shashidharmg

Hello Everyone and to Fiverr,

I would like to inform you that there has been a scam and Fraudulent. That I am personally experiencing. There are few people who creates there account and send a request to contact them on Telegram with there Telegram ID. After contacting them, they informed me to invest a some of 30$ - 40$ to get the job of converting from images to word/ PDF after finishing the job they informed me to invest 350$ to get my work payment as well as this 350$ back (so called for linking the account), later to that they informed to pay a tax fee of 120$ to receive my work payment + 30$ + 350$. Even after paying this 120$ now they are still fooling around to pay more. They are telling that they are from "dun & bradstreet" company and "toptal" company. I have all the proof of transaction made to them. Fake Emails which they sent to me as a proof of returning the money.

I request you all to be careful with such kind of job offers and would like to have help from you all how to track these people and get back my money which I have invested until now.

Looking forward from Fiverr support and everyone for the help to get my money back please.

Thanks and Regards,

Shashidhar Mare Gowda

There are 2 things you mentioned that are your own mistakes that got you into this situation. Granted, you might simply not be aware but consider this a lesson learned.

2 hours ago, shashidharmg said:

I request you all to be careful with such kind of job offers and would like to have help from you all how to track these people and get back my money which I have invested until now.

Looking forward from Fiverr support and everyone for the help to get my money back please.

First of all, Fiverr warns about taking communication away from the platform for exactly this reason (and other reasons of course). They won't be able to protect you from any scammers. 

they informed me to invest a some of 30$ - 40$ to get the job of converting from images to word/ PDF after finishing the job they informed me to invest 350$ to get my work payment

Secondly, you never ever ever should pay in order to get paid. That doesn't make any sense. This approach basically comes down to you paying someone else to have them pay you. 😵

I'm sorry to be the one to say it but none of us here nor on Fiverr can help you in this situation to get your money back..

• Like 7
  • Up 2