Negative Keywords are here!

miiila

I was just about to edit a Gig and discovered this - the "PLUS" thingie might mean it's an additional option for Seller+ only, I guess, so if you can't find it and aren't in the Seller+ program yet, no worries, nothing wrong with your edit page then.

1736114989_Screenshot(1224).png.695ad24848d9598c0a422a04ddba5b1b.png

You, who got this option, do you think it will be helpful? What are you going to put in, "cheap"? 😉 

I'm not sure yet in how far it might help me; while I surely get irrelevant messages sometimes, I think they'll be hard to filter out by using this feature, without keeping away relevant messages at the same time, but I'll give it some thought, it surely could be useful if it works well, and you find the right words, and might save you time and boost your conversion rate.

At the moment, I fear that a feature to filter out messages by criteria like "first line of first message/s of new person may not contain "Hy", "Hoi", "mam", ... would be more useful :classic_biggrin: spam is really terrible lately, while even an actual buyer person who doesn't quite want to buy what you offer, but generally wants to buy, might lead to business, now, or eventually, or you might be able to send them on to the right category or seller, at least, and help keeping them on Fiverr.  

But I like the idea and option of negative keywords, so I'll be pondering which 5 tags to try out one of these days.

• Like 31
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, miiila said:

You, who got this option, do you think it will be helpful? What are you going to put in, "cheap"? 😉 

don't have Plus, but THIS would be a reason for me to get! If, if, IF this is strictly search results and not DMs. Negative keywords? I can think some immediately.

For my drawing gig: NSFW, NFT, hyperrealism, vector. For Beta-reading: NSFW, Smut, (other 'adult' words). For typography: 'recreate', vector. (If I still had my lyrics gig up: Trap.)

Those are all just 'nope' for me. Will not do, would rather cancel an order. (In fact, my one-and-only cancellation thus far was for 'adult' content.) If anyone's looking for that kind of stuff, I don't want to even be on the radar.

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 23
  • Up 5

I would have thought they'd want to add that option for everyone, not just seller plus members. eg. it's surely in Fiverr's interest to make sure that none of the gigs they show in search results are irrelevant to what the buyer is looking for (unless there might be times when they were looking for x but might then decide that y is okay too) - ie. surely it would likely earn Fiverr more by allowing all member to exclude at least some irrelevant search terms from their gig, since they'd allow the buyer to more quickly find a relevant gig. Maybe they're just allowing it for seller plus members because they can see what keywords their gigs are getting found by (as well as to give more functions in general for seller plus members), while standard sellers might have to guess what they might have searched for by what they asked in the inbox (or just what you might think buyers might search for that you don't do in the gig).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 22

4 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Maybe they're just allowing it for seller plus members because they can see what keywords their gigs are getting found by (as well as to give more functions in general for seller plus members), while standard sellers might have to guess what they might have searched for by what they asked in the inbox.

That's probably the reason.

• Like 20

I got symptoms fear of editing gig right now. 😵 Everything I did by following advice from fiverr led me to 10x less impressions. I really want to add something like keyword "vector,3d". 

Someone please let me know if you got less than desired result after using 🙂 

• Like 16
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

Here are my negative keywords! I think it'll take several days before I start seeing a reduction in inbox inquiries from those using my negative keywords:

Beta Reading gig - "Amazon reviews," "web reviews," & "erotica" (getting too many requests to leave reviews on websites)

Research & Summaries gig - "essay writing" & "thesis" (getting too many student requests)

Writing gig - "essay writing" & "thesis" (getting too many student requests)

Resume writing gig - "Statement of Purpose," "SOP," & "essay writing" (getting too many student requests)

Data entry gig - "mailing list" (to get rid of those asking me to collect emails, names, and addresses of individuals not businesses)

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 5
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

Here are my negative keywords! I think it'll take several days before I start seeing a reduction in inbox inquiries from those using my negative keywords:

Thank you, it would be great to hear if it worked well for you or not, if you'll remember and want to spare a few moments to update us on your success (fingers crossed).

3 hours ago, saineha564 said:

Hlo 
Will u suggest any more for me to continue as a seller

Hello. Yes, I'd suggest brushing up your English and reading basic things first, like Fiverr's Help Center, and forum topics in the "Tips for Sellers" category. And books about how to sell whatever it is that you want to sell, maybe in your local library, or online articles on such topics. I'd also recommend asking more specific questions, and to make your own topic for this, as it's off-topic here, maybe try in the "Improve my Gig" category, but even there, you'll need to be a bit more specific, this is a forum, not a 1:1 coaching course. I'd also invest a tiny bit more time into typing complete words, like "hello" and "you" instead of "u", especially when you're trying to get anyone to buy anything from you. Good luck.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 15

23 hours ago, vickieito said:

Here are my negative keywords! I think it'll take several days before I start seeing a reduction in inbox inquiries from those using my negative keywords

17 hours ago, miiila said:

Thank you, it would be great to hear if it worked well for you or not, if you'll remember and want to spare a few moments to update us on your success (fingers crossed).

It didn't take long @miiila!

I only got 1 inquiry using my negative keywords a few minutes after I posted the negative keywords .... and then ... silence!

It's wonderful! My productivity doubled. 🥳 Yay! No one asked me to write their essay or a scripted Amazon review since.

I did get a couple of new seller spam in my inbox, so I'm wondering if we can add "hire me," "need work," and "give me work" to the negative keywords... 🤔

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...