Fiverr Order cancellation could make you 0 from hero

rabia_sabir

There was a time when I was ranking at #1 for most of the keywords, now my gig is hidden from all of the place (not in 20 pages). I had an argument with a client and cancelled the order and suddenly (very next hour) my gig was hidden & not showing at all.

After that I completed around 7-10 jobs with 5star and some of them tipped me as well. But that didn't help and still not getting any new queries, and gig is not showing even in 20 pages.

Any solutions?

image.thumb.png.3d13ea197ed08d0ab80a27b3031b4ae5.png

• Like 15
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 8

That cancel sticks with you for 60 days, and it looks like you have another 5 weeks to go to hit that mark. With each order you delivered it should get you more credit in the system, but when it comes to cancels, they do hold a grudge. Fiverr hates cancellations, and is slow to let you recover from that. Your "order completion" rate will slowly start rising, but that seems to have no correlation to when they forgive you and remove the red flag to allow you to appear higher in the listings. This is why I often advise that 1  star review is far better than a cancellation, if you have to choose. That along with the whole, "don't work for free" thing. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 17
  • Up 3

Hi,

It happens to almost every seller, my suggestion is to use Promoted gig feature  to get impression and click so your gig impression dont go to less than 500 etc. 

There are nothing we can do about cancellation as it effect will go away after 60 days but 60 days is a long period to effect gig in competition.

Thanks

• Like 10

6 hours ago, bilalhaider23 said:

Hi,

It happens to almost every seller, my suggestion is to use Promoted gig feature  to get impression and click so your gig impression dont go to less than 500 etc. 

There are nothing we can do about cancellation as it effect will go away after 60 days but 60 days is a long period to effect gig in competition.

Thanks

I totally agree with you, but fiverr stopped my gig poromotion as well after that. Is it because competition is soooooo big? Or the client who cancelled the order may have reported something privately to Fiverr?

Because apparently nothing seems wrong at all. 

• Like 11

On 6/19/2022 at 6:41 AM, newsmike said:

That cancel sticks with you for 60 days, and it looks like you have another 5 weeks to go to hit that mark. With each order you delivered it should get you more credit in the system, but when it comes to cancels, they do hold a grudge. Fiverr hates cancellations, and is slow to let you recover from that. Your "order completion" rate will slowly start rising, but that seems to have no correlation to when they forgive you and remove the red flag to allow you to appear higher in the listings. This is why I often advise that 1  star review is far better than a cancellation, if you have to choose. That along with the whole, "don't work for free" thing. 

I think we're thinking totally differently, sometime there are some scammy clients who threaten to give you 1 star with a detailed bad feedback, so I usually return them the money as well as they work which they already got in advance. I never preferred to have a bad looking feedback on my profile. I think you're right about this, having a 1 start maybe better than cancellation

• Like 12

7 hours ago, rabia_sabir said:

I totally agree with you, but fiverr stopped my gig poromotion as well after that. Is it because competition is soooooo big? Or the client who cancelled the order may have reported something privately to Fiverr?

Because apparently nothing seems wrong at all. 

If you have seller plus subscription you can contact you SSM , he/she may guide you better in this regard as  when my impression was down, I asked My SSM to look into gig analytics which are only available to them , they will tell you that you blah blah metric is effected so you must do these things to get that metric up .

4 hours ago, rabia_sabir said:

I think we're thinking totally differently, sometime there are some scammy clients who threaten to give you 1 star with a detailed bad feedback, so I usually return them the money as well as they work which they already got in advance. I never preferred to have a bad looking feedback on my profile. I think you're right about this, having a 1 start maybe better than cancellation

The problem here is that some client are too much to handle with even after 1 star they will  try to get free work in inbox by blackmailing etc 

• Like 11

The same thing is happening to me, unfortunately, some cancellations are just inevitable.

This is one of the areas where I think Fiverr needs to look at. About 60 days, people don't understand that you don't receive any orders at all. So the 60 days is simply a death sentence. Recovering from that is almost impossible.

• Like 9

Same thing happened to me, also all my gigs are not promotable, cash advance button dissapeared and im not showing on search, is so sad the plattform is doing this, we are persons working hard behind the computer and we are vulnerable to external things outside our control

• Like 8

I had a couple rough weeks last month. Delivered late and answered late. (It did me good than bad since i was looking for a way to take a little break for the summer.) Now my views and stats are barreling down towards a pit. Im demoted to level one, and i expect to be demoted to level 0. But since i got all the stats ready, i can quickly ramp my way up again. Just need couple weeks for it to burn out. They only count for 60 days. After that things start to go back to where it was. Of course fiverrs algoritm and rotation of the gigs are calculated with more stats than only what we can see here. So you gonna have to perform good. 

But, it is really destructive if your only income is from fiverr and you dont have your pockets ready.

However i havent experienced of being unable to promote the gig.

Risks of freelancing i suppose.

• Like 8