Fiverr extremely bad support for sellers rights

davoodice

this is my customer support chat:

Hello. Hope you are well.
my completed order (#FO82101460546) is canceled today.
I Worked hard for 2 week's On it. and the buyer receive every thing he said.
this is my documentation:
1: Order had two revisions.(attachment 1)
I did many more revisions (8-9 ).
2: I got him approval at every step.
3: His problem was wings. But this was completely out of the original agreement. He asked for a cartoon wing and changed his mind after sending the completed project! And asked for a real wing. I explained to him:
"Brother. kind of wings is completely separated project and out of you budget ."
But he asked to cancel the project and insisted that he wanted that kind of second wings.
I finally accepted and make a wings like new concept. But after five days without any news about him, today I suddenly saw that the project was canceled and I was very surprised.
He received the completed project in full and then requested to cancellation of the project . he had everything he needed and in fact got everything for free. I expect the Fiverr Support team to defend my rights against such buyers.
Best regards

CS reply 

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us in such a detailed matter, we appreciate it.

We understand that you are very concerned about the cancellation of this order since you've invested time into completing it.
Please be informed that the order was canceled due to work not being provided accordingly to the buyer's requirements.

I understand that it’s hard to please a buyer on occasions, despite your best efforts.
But, we can’t force your buyer to accept the order if they have issues with it.

In most cases like this, communication is the best way to solve the issue.

Please do not let this cancellation discourage you further, as sometimes they are unavoidable, so I kindly ask you to continue providing your services and communicate with buyers to avoid situations like this.

Kind regards.

I attached many files about requirements of buyer. I'm not responsible it he Chang his mind .please see my documentation. I did every thing even more that what he want. Now he received completed project and didn't pay even 1 cent for that. and I earn just negative impact on my account. I got approval from him. how could he was unsatisfied?
I got approval in each step.

If this procedure wants to continue, anyone can come and order something and get the complete file and then say I am not satisfied with it and do not pay for it.
In this particular case, I provided all the documents on how to complete the work according to the buyer's wishes.
But the buyer did not provide any documents as to why he was dissatisfied with the work.

why fiverr give 20% commission from sellers?

• Like 5
  • Up 3

3 hours ago, davoodice said:

Fiverr keeps 20% of all of your revenue, because that is how Fiverr works. Their site, their rules. You agreed to these rules, and this revenue-sharing model, when you signed up for an account on Fiverr.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, davoodice said:

In this particular case, I provided all the documents on how to complete the work according to the buyer's wishes.
But the buyer did not provide any documents as to why he was dissatisfied with the work.

Then you have to ask the buyer for more documents and let them know the order can't be fulfilled without more information. The truth is that Fiverr is the middleman. If you agreed to help the buyer and perform his task, then you need to perform it according to his requirements. If you don't, then there's not a lot you can do other than cancel the order.

As @jonbaas said... you also agreed to the 20% comission when you signed up to the platform. Think about it, you don't promote yourself, don't spend any money on marketing, Fiverr brings you clients... that's worth more than 20%. Companies spend millions on marketing alone, so customer acquisition is very expensive.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

The 20% commission is fair enough. They tell you, you agree to it so can't complain. Although it must be said it is very steep compared to most modern business models, but they wont turn away money obviously.

The seller protection thing I couldn't agree more on. This month alone I have gone from 100% completion to 33%. I have lost 100s of hours of work and didn't get paid a penny. Out of all the cancellations only one got reversed on my record but I still never received any funds. I know they wish to use terminology to avoid blame and float in ambiguity but the resolution centre can't just be that if they don't know just lean with the buyer. 

For reference I am a programmer (Predominately video game orientated) and I have been to provide the work, inline with the chat logs and the original agreements. To prevent translation errors I even highlight and bullet point each section as mutual as possible. And again I only challenge ones which have this issue, but only one got removed. I even got a flag for one of them!

Its far too easy for a client to take the work look at it all and just say its not exactly as they wanted and they get a full refund. They don't need to prove anything or even work on a revision. Nor must they return the work, which by that stage is impossible anyway. I'm lucky some clients are genuine and fair people, but none of us should be dependent on it.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

Those extra ones, did you charge for them? If not, then you broke your own contract first.

You know that's very nice in theory, but doesn't work in practice. If he asked for more money after the 2 revisions and the buyer refused, support would take the buyer's side. The way the revision system is implemented on Fiverr is broken. The button should be greyed out after the included revisions are exhausted, pointing to an option to pay for an extra revision. A client can keep requesting as many revisions as they want. As a seller you can ask for extra payment for them, but the buyer can just refuse. If that happens, in the end you'll either get a canceled order, an order forever stuck in revision, or a bad review.

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2022 at 1:54 AM, davoodice said:

Because they have to pay the bills. 20% is nothing. Uber takes 50% unless there's a surge!  Passengers pay $10, the driver gets $5, so if you think 20% is too much, you're mistaken. Be happy Fiverr has kept it at 20%. Right now I'm happy paying Fiverr to promote my gigs. This month I made $230, and spent $19.92 on promoted gigs. That's money well spent. 

In the future, don't make more revisions than what was agreed upon. Either close the order, or send them a custom offer for more revisions. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

How? A seller can't close an order.

Keep clicking deliver now, contact CS If you have to. If the buyer doesn’t give up, you might have to refund.

The important thing is to stop making revisions.

Also, learn to recognize problem gig. Now that I don’t do brand names, my stats have improved in every area. Some gigs aren’t worth the trouble.

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1