Gig rotation duration

strategist_ceo

3 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

A lot of buyers come to me because they have bought a business plan and they think it is flawed.

Not always, but in my experience (and I've sold quite a few busines plans) the higher the price paid, the better educated the buyer tends to be (generally speaking).

Yes. I had rewrite many business plans (by other sellers before, that's how I know how this particular seller works).

I am still collecting “street cred" to up my price, on fiverr at least, that's how it works.

• Like 6

On 5/25/2022 at 10:19 AM, williambryan392 said:

Why do you think you're not?

I have went from $180 to $450 - $700. However, the competitive ones remains the same for now.

Most of the reviews are not for my business plans, so I am hoping to grow it to at least 20 reviews before going $600 - $1,000.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, williambryan392 said:

Have you considered applying for pro? Sounds like you could be a good fit!

I did. The system was bugged. The application process was processed immaturely and a ticket was never answered or solved for 2 months. After 2 months of exchanging tickets, reporting the bug... Fiverr submitted my prematurely written application on my behalf and rejected it within 15 minutes of submission.

I got the time stamp for this. In my opinion, the team was frustrated at me for constantly talking to them and pointing out their errors and neglect of what I said before. I never stood a chance.

That being said, TRS seem to do better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Speculate how you want. I had a prefilled application sitting duck because there was a technical problem when it was not filled properly by me. It was not a properly prepared version (it was attempt number 13) as I was testing out the bug as requested by the customer service etc. Suddenly it was "submitted" not by myself... and this is the response I got from them.

That detailed evaluation was all done within "15 minutes" after the submission that they decided to submit for me.

Untitled.png

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

rejected it within 15 minutes of submission.

Oh wow! That sucks. Sorry to hear you got burned like this. 

Funnily enough I recently applied but don't hold out much hope. I was a bit lazy with my application so I don't think I deserve it based on that alone.

When doing the application I also thought it was a bit buggy and not a seamless experience.

May I ask, did you have to enquire as to whether your application was successful or not, or did you get a message unprompted? I recall others saying they didn't hear if they were unsuccessful.

Edited by williambryan392
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, williambryan392 said:

Oh wow! That sucks. Sorry to hear you got burned like this. I think you can reapply in 6 months if you want to.

Funnily enough I recently applied but don't hold out much hope. I was a bit lazy with my application so I don't think I deserve it based on that alone.

When doing the application I also thought it was a bit buggy and not a smoothe experience.

May I ask, did you have to enquire as to whether your application was successful or not, or did you get a message unprompted? I recall others saying they didn't hear if they were unsuccessful.

See the post above. I've been in touch with customer service since late September… and there was a bug.

They will notify you by email.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ah looks like yours got special attention, and the rejection was sent to you through CS. Did you receive any other notification regarding your application?

Haha we are posting at the same time so I keep asking questions that you post answers to at the same time.

Thank you!

updates from OP
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

One thing you may not have read yet on the forum is that the people who decide whether you meet the requirements are some of the regular posters (moderators) on the forum. Some of them are "success managers" in Seller Plus.

I did get an email response from them. I believe the process can take up to 3 months.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

One thing you may not have read yet on the forum is that the people who decide whether you meet the requirements are some of the regular posters (moderators) on the forum. Some of them are "success managers" in Seller Plus.

Oh wow, I've never heard / read that before!

I thought forum moderators were just credible fiverr sellers and forum power users like @frank_d. The only fiverr staff here (again I think!) are the ones that ocassionally share news/updates, but I guess they moderate too. I also thought success managers were 'only' success manager, and not forum posters / moderators. I had no idea that people on the forum were involved in the pro application process.

9 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

The email "Your application has moved to the next stage" etc. I got notified for every progress in email.

I've only received one 'thank you for your application email' and that was 10 days ago. Nothing since then.

Based on the emails and what you've said above it's clear they fast tracked your application review.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Based on the emails and what you've said above it's clear they fast tracked your application review.

It's a combination of annoyance and frustration for them to submit my application on my behalf, only to receive a rejection within 15 minutes. I've been bothering them for 2 months. 😈

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

33 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

Either you are phrasing this statement wrong, and you mean something else, or you have a really bad source of information.

I am here if you need any clarification as to who is doing what, as you are spreading false information if you are implying that moderators are part of the seller plus program and are also saying if you can make it as a Pro seller.

Maybe the fact that I am vocal about my mission to help elevate the marketplace and involvement in several internal projects is what made you think that moderators are part of the process?

@williambryan392 "Trust, but verify". No part of the above statement is even remotely true.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, frank_d said:

"Trust, but verify"

Always 😀

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing:

Forum posters: buyers and sellers, and occasional fiverr staff sharing news/updates.

Forum moderators: some approved forum users such as yourself, and some fiverr staff.

Pro review team: fiverr staff, similar to (maybe the same as) the editorial team that reviews users for TRS. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

10 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Always 😀

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing:

Forum posters: buyers and sellers, and occasional fiverr staff sharing news/updates.

Forum moderators: some approved forum users such as yourself, and some fiverr staff.

Pro review team: fiverr staff, similar to (maybe the same as) the editorial team that reviews users for TRS. 

Forum members: Sellers and buyers, plus a handful of Fiverr staff members who are kind enough to participate.

Forum moderators: 3 paid staff members, 6 volunteer forum members (only 3 of them actively moderate anything), plus the forum's Admin.

Pro editorial team: Fiverr staff.

FBM editorial team: Fiverr staff.

Fiverr editorial team: Fiverr staff.

Seller Success Managers: (Believe it or not) Fiverr staff.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, frank_d said:

as you are spreading false information if you are implying that moderators are part of the seller plus program and are also saying if you can make it as a Pro seller.

As I mentioned in the post you quoted, I read it from the forum that some moderators and success managers are on the vetting team. However, this is not stated as a matter of fact. I did not engage in speculation, but merely mentioned what I read in a previous thread on this forum.

I will acknowledge if you say that the information is incorrect, or if I have paraphrased it incorrectly.

And no, "some of them are" and "some of them are" do not mean that moderators are sellers plus managers. I did not combine the two roles, so if I point out that you have phrased incorrectly, I am not wrong. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

As I mentioned in the post you quoted, I read it from the forum that some moderators and success managers are on the vetting team. However, this is not stated as a matter of fact. I did not engage in speculation, but merely mentioned what I read in a previous thread on this forum.

I will acknowledge if you say that the information is incorrect, or if I have paraphrased it incorrectly.

And no, "some of them are" and "some of them are" do not mean that moderators are sellers plus managers. I did not combine the two roles, so if I point out that you have phrased incorrectly, I am not wrong. 🙂

OK let me cut this interaction short, by agreeing to what you want: you are not wrong. Carry on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

You may speculate and interpret as you wish: my gig cannot be promoted since April 14th and allowed to promote since yesterday June 13th. This is exactly 60 days, which is commonly perceived as two months. I think the cycle is at 30-day intervals.

This reminds me of a mention of 90 days interval.

• Like 3

Not sure if that was a reply to me, as you neither quoted me nor metnioned me, but I keep saying that we have two different intervals:

a 60-day one and a 90 day one. All profile metrics are calculated on the 60-day one and most hidden performance metrics like buyer satisfaction rate are calculated on the 90-day one.

I was the one who brought up the issue when I first stubled upon it months ago.

Both cycles are present and at the same time, levels are calculated on a 30-day basis.

So your experience actually lines up with my findings, which are factual and not speculation. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, frank_d said:

So your experience actually lines up with my findings, which are factual and not speculation. 

Your findings are speculative, while I find you to be a respected member of this forum with many valuable opinions. You do not speak for Fiverr itself, whom maintains that there was no such thing as "rotation".

We both speculated that this is factual.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

Your findings are speculative, while I find you to be a respected member of this forum with many valuable opinions. You do not speak for Fiverr itself, whom maintains that there was no such thing as "rotation".

We both speculated that this is factual.

I speak on a daily basis with Fiverr staff.

I don’t represent Fiverr but there are certain things that I have confirmed with them, and those things I know are factual.

I talk to the people who lead the teams that made these tools and coded these functions. We email, slack gifs to each other, and we also video chat a lot. 

Why this concept bothers you so much and why you want to insist that we are both speculating, is something that I don’t know and don’t care to find out.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

10 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I don’t know and don’t care to find out.

You care enough to reply to a response that was not directed to you and want all the credit for an "opinion" that you think has more authority than the official response of Fiverr customer service or their website, and you feel that all of your statements are true and factual, is "something that I don’t know why and don’t care to find out.".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

You care enough to reply to a response that was not directed to you and want all the credit for an "opinion" that you think has more authority than the official response of Fiverr customer service or their website, and you feel that all of your statements are true and factual, is "something that I don’t know why and don’t care to find out.".

Everything you just laid out, are just your assumptions about who I am, why I am here and what I think.

Seems like you have it all figured out so no point arguing.

• Like 3
  • Up 1