Gig rotation duration

strategist_ceo

5 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Seems like you have it all figured out so no point arguing.

I don't think my English is perfect, but I don't need to correct you on "opinions", "facts", and "factual" here. Your interpretation of those terms is incorrect, and it's not the first time you've made such a mistake.

I chose not to respond the last time you made this error (with me as well), and I will choose the same course of action now.

And when I say I won't reply, I won't. 😜

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

14 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

[you] want all the credit for an "opinion" that you think has more authority than the official response of Fiverr customer service or their website, and you feel that all of your statements are true and factual

I've been a seller on Fiverr for over eight years (one less year than @frank_d). I've tested, and worked under his advice, encouragement, and, factual information, and I can assure you, it rings true. Frank is not making up random claims. He has proven insight, he has connections to (and the attention of) Fiverr staff, and he has chosen to share his success knowledge, here, so that others can become successful Fiverr sellers as well. How wonderfully generous of Frank! You would be wise to listen to his insight. You are, of course, under no obligation to be wise, but it would help you become a more productive seller -- as it has done for many of us.

Keep in mind too -- wisdom comes from understanding that there are other people who know more than you. I have found the "opinions" (your word) of Frank to be some of the most valuable truths to be found on this forum. I can guarantee that there are many other sellers here who would say the same.

• Like 6
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

11 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

He has proven insight, he has connections to (and the attention of) Fiverr staff, and he has chosen to share his success knowledge, here, so that others can become successful Fiverr sellers as well.

This is why I said he is respected here.

The truth is still the truth—even if someone is friends with the president, that doesn't mean he or she works for the White House or U.S. government. An opinion or speculation shouldn't be insisted upon as a matter of fact.

The speculator insisted that the information was true according to his relationship or regular conversation with the fiverr team, but it does not make a gossip true or a likely-to-be true opinion, factual.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

my gig cannot be promoted since April 14th and allowed to promote since yesterday June 13th. This is exactly 60 days,

There are so many factors at play here that I'm sure it's hard to reliably link one specific"event" like low impressions or "unpromotability" to one specific "trigger" like bad private feedback, rejecting leads (one thing you mentioned yourself and that I'd agree is certainly a factor), having used unavailable mode, etc., and, probably, correlations, the happenstance of more than one thing happening around the same time, has an effect too.

Let's know if you'll be able to "reproduce" your above result, which still could be coincidence. With so many variables, and so much uncertainty about things like Gig rotation, it should be a comforting thought for some people to know, or at least have more data to go on, that whatever causes unpromotability, will "only" last exactly 60 days, and, by your reasoning and extension, probably other effects of Gig rotation, if it exists, too.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

The speculator

You're calling him by made-up names now? That sounds a bit rude. His name is Frank. I'm sure he would appreciate you using his name, rather than an intended derrogatory term. You said Frank was respected -- you are capable of showing respect, are you not?

50 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

An opinion or speculation shouldn't be insisted upon as a matter of fact.

55 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

The speculator insisted that the information was true according to his relationship or regular conversation with the fiverr team, but it does not make a gossip true or a likely-to-be true opinion, factual.

As has already been established, Frank is sharing facts. Facts are facts. Your view that they are not, is, alas, nothing more than YOUR opinion. Please do not demand that your opinion be greater than proven fact. That does not make you appear wise, nor does it help you establish validity within this "debate".

You've shared your opinions. Thank you for contributing. Now, how about you test Franks facts, and see whether or not they can work for your benefit as well. Opinions are cheap. Facts are priceless.

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1