Tips to be a successful seller on fiverr

mariepetiti

Today am going to introduce this one tip that people so much talk about to be a successful seller on fiverr. 

And that is be online all the time

Well me I have access to computer and internet all day long and night,so I be online allll the time.

I have been on fiverr for over 6months but with me being online all time, I have only got 2 orders.

Now am wondering what people be talking about that always be online, I don't know why it's not working for me. 

Advertise on social media, which social media? Because I do that daily and still no orders,before you tell me to find targeted groups yes I promise you I did on Facebook but then people on Facebook are only interested in saving each other's gig. So which targeted groups? 

You get impressions from Twitter but no orders, how does one find targeted groups on Twitter? By using hashtags!! Nope, that isn't working. 

So finally being online all the time and sharing gigs on social media isn't working,  what do top sellers don't tell us about being successful on fiverr? We are missing some major points here.

My name is Marie Petiti. I do translations from English to swahili and luganda, transcribing audios and videos, converting pdf to word, excel data entry and bookediting.

What am I doing wrong?

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, mariepetiti said:

So finally being online all the time and sharing gigs on social media isn't working,  what do top sellers don't tell us about being successful on fiverr?

Oh no, top sellers are CONSTANTLY telling and even commenting on those stay online advices that those are completely useless. It’s not many of us but we do write and debunk those comments almost in every topic that suggests that. But for some reason people still prefer to listen to those advices rather than a voice or reason. 

26 minutes ago, mariepetiti said:

before you tell me to find targeted groups yes I promise you I did on Facebook but then people on Facebook are only interested in saving each other's gig. So which targeted groups? 

Again it’s mostly sellers with zero orders who parrot it, and we again trying to debunk it in almost every topic. 
Of course it wouldn’t make any difference because sharing it in groups is spamming and those are not “targeted” groups, it’s just another useless term that inexperienced sellers are using for each other. 
Social media marketing takes time and strategy and content to build and might take months, you attract audience to your pages and not just posting in some random groups. 

start with taking a hard look at your services and how in demand they are. For now I can see mostly low key services that can be done by anyone. Maybe translation will be more in demand but how many people need translation to that specific language? 

• Like 5
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mariepetiti said:

Now am wondering what people be talking about that always be online, I don't know why it's not working for me. 

The "people" who make this kind of advice are not successful sellers, and they are sellers who parrot some YouTube fake guru's advice.

sharing gigs on social media isn't working, 

I have never shared my gigs on social media.

what do top sellers don't tell us about being successful on fiverr?

Many top sellers try to explain to new Forum users what worked for them on Fiverr, but the advice seems to fall on deaf ears. Therefore, many have stopped giving any advice. 

A seller's success on Fiverr is more about the quality of their gigs and their services. For example, there are 50,105 new seller gigs for data entry on Fiverr. Besides those gigs, about 6000 level one and level two sellers provide data entry. Those 56,000 gigs are your competition. What are you doing to stand out from them?

I would suggest you first of all change your gig images. They need to be something that will attract the buyer's eye. Buyers zip through the search pages, and you have seconds to catch their attention.

Most sellers will not bother to read the gig description below your image. Therefore, your photo needs to sell your services, and that image should contain only 4 to 5 words describing your service. Besides that, it should be attractive. None of your gig images meet these criteria.

Look at this seller's image, for example. ⬇️ 

206561671_ScreenShot2022-05-19at11_40_51PM.png.6c251a8fbf0bd81a1053630230561c40.png

Another vital part of your profile is your gig description, which must be well written. For example, you offer proofreading services, yet there are a few errors in your that gig description.

I only read two of your gig descriptions, but I noticed that you have two different names in them. In one, you say your name is Petiti, and in one, you say you are Marie. Oh, I just noticed your username is mariepetiti. It may be good to be consistent about what buyers can call you. 

@Frank_D has three excellent posts you may want to read.

three

• Like 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Marie
Sorry to hear that you have spent over 6 months and got only 2 orders. The things you have mentioned about being online all the time, is not true, Yeah being online will help you to rank your gig but that doesn't mean you have to be online all the time. 

I'm not a successful seller on Fiverr but I have done more than 200 orders so far I have some experience so I can share that. There is some precaution you have follow before you start your gig marketing 

Are you selling good services, you know sometimes we serve a service that isn't so demandable, so make sure your services are good on demand 

Optimize your gig based on your keyword, it's very important. 
Follow the standard gig thumbnail rules and so on
Write a good description about your service with mix up the keyword

If everything is done  properly then you can focus on marketing

Try to find out your customer's time zone. For me, I have got 70% of orders from the USA, so I don't stay online all the time,  I try to maintain that time only so if any customer uses the online filter then probably my gig pop up on the first page instant. 

Just sharing your gig on Social media it's not gonna help you anymore, try to build an audience then share your service there. 

I don't know but did you try sending buyer requests every day. It's a good option for a new seller.  

Hope this will help you slightly.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

On 5/20/2022 at 9:01 AM, vickiespencer said:

The "people" who make this kind of advice are not successful sellers, and they are sellers who parrot some YouTube fake guru's advice.

I have never shared my gigs on social media.

Many top sellers try to explain to new Forum users what worked for them on Fiverr, but the advice seems to fall on deaf ears. Therefore, many have stopped giving any advice. 

A seller's success on Fiverr is more about the quality of their gigs and their services. For example, there are 50,105 new seller gigs for data entry on Fiverr. Besides those gigs, about 6000 level one and level two sellers provide data entry. Those 56,000 gigs are your competition. What are you doing to stand out from them?

I would suggest you first of all change your gig images. They need to be something that will attract the buyer's eye. Buyers zip through the search pages, and you have seconds to catch their attention.

Most sellers will not bother to read the gig description below your image. Therefore, your photo needs to sell your services, and that image should contain only 4 to 5 words describing your service. Besides that, it should be attractive. None of your gig images meet these criteria.

Look at this seller's image, for example. ⬇️ 

206561671_ScreenShot2022-05-19at11_40_51PM.png.6c251a8fbf0bd81a1053630230561c40.png

Another vital part of your profile is your gig description, which must be well written. For example, you offer proofreading services, yet there are a few errors in your that gig description.

I only read two of your gig descriptions, but I noticed that you have two different names in them. In one, you say your name is Petiti, and in one, you say you are Marie. Oh, I just noticed your username is mariepetiti. It may be good to be consistent about what buyers can call you. 

@Frank_D has three excellent posts you may want to read.

three

Thank you so much for the advice