Promote your gigs to increase your revenue

ken87ken

Hi guys. I am happy today to let you know that after months of trying, I finally managed to promote my gigs and the impressions increased dramatically. I can finally use my skills to help many people who want to bring their stories to life.
If you have been experiencing this issue (low impressions), I recommend promoting your gigs if they qualify and also increase your revenue. Don't hesitate.

Congrats! 

'Gig Impression' is like the biggest issue with sellers lately. It's funny how everyone started complaining about this as soon as 'promoted gigs' was introduced. I hope it's not what I'm thinking. 

Anyways, one thing I love about promoted gigs is how you only get to pay for clicks and not impressions. It works! Ensure your gig cover is attractive too. 

6 hours ago, gizdesigns said:

'Gig Impression' is like the biggest issue with sellers lately. It's funny how everyone started complaining about this as soon as 'promoted gigs' was introduced. I hope it's not what I'm thinking.

It's not complicated, or "funny", at all. Fiverr wants great sellers in their Promoted Gigs program. This is why they have a system in place to only allow sellers with strong seller/gig performance into the program. Sellers who are not in the program have low seller performance, and have not proven themselves among the profitable sellers. Once new/challenged sellers prove their consistent value (or improve their performance), they may find themselves with access to the program. Therefore, there are clear benefits to being a great seller.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Fiverr is a for-profit company. Sellers in the Promoted Gigs program have proven that they can earn Fiverr more profit.

10 hours ago, jonbaas said:

It's not complicated, or "funny", at all. Fiverr wants great sellers in their Promoted Gigs program. This is why they have a system in place to only allow sellers with strong seller/gig performance into the program. Sellers who are not in the program have low seller performance, and have not proven themselves among the profitable sellers. Once new/challenged sellers prove their consistent value (or improve their performance), they may find themselves with access to the program. Therefore, there are clear benefits to being a great seller.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Fiverr is a for-profit company. Sellers in the Promoted Gigs program have proven that they can earn Fiverr more profit.

Yea, I get what you mean. Only sellers with strong seller/gig performance are allowed into the Promoted Gigs Program, but do you think these selected sellers should be having it hard getting new orders organically? Do you think sellers who are already getting lots of impressions/clicks/orders organically would still want to pay to promote their gigs on the same platform?

My biggest concern is the effectiveness of organic reach, whether we can still rely on this without the mercy of 'promoted gigs'. 

Back in 2018-2021 as a graphic designer, if your impression was suffering, you adjust your seo; clicks? adjust your gig cover; orders? You update your portfolio. This has always been working for me & a lot of us. Lately, you have to do 'more' and it's harder to figure out what 'more' to do. 

I honesty don't mind running promotions for my gigs (we only pay for the clicks). Currently running 3 promos & I get new orders on average after every 4 clicks. I'm just a seller who want to understand why my organic reach is suffering when I'm already listed as a "seller with strong seller/gig performance". 

7 hours ago, gizdesigns said:

Only sellers with strong seller/gig performance are allowed into the Promoted Gigs Program, but do you think these selected sellers should be having it hard getting new orders organically?

No seller deserves orders, just because he/she hosts services here on Fiverr. That's not how business, or Fiverr, works. It is your responsibility, as a freelancer, to experiment and find what brings YOU orders -- i.e. what works for you and your business goals. If you are having a hard time earning orders organically, then YOU are going to have to figure out how YOU can overcome that challenge, just like the rest of us do with our own services. Everyone's path to success is different, but it has never been easy, or full of freebies, for any of us. You shouldn't be expecting it to be either.

Do you think sellers who are already getting lots of impressions/clicks/orders organically would still want to pay to promote their gigs on the same platform?

Why would you be complaining about not being part of the Fiverr Promoted Gigs program, if you're already gaining plenty of impressions/clicks/orders?

My biggest concern is the effectiveness of organic reach, whether we can still rely on this without the mercy of 'promoted gigs'. 

This is Fiverr's website. If they want to run an ads program that earns them a little more profit, in exchange for those participating earning more impressions/clicks/orders, they can do so. I don't see anything wrong with Fiverr accepting only proven profitable sellers into the program. Fiverr wants to highlight successful sellers, because the success of those sellers brings in more revenue, and those proven sellers in the program gain more traction with their gigs. That sounds like a win-win situation to me.

If your non-program organic reach is not what you want it to be, then find ways to make it better. That's your job as a freelance businessman.

Back in 2018-2021 as a graphic designer, if your impression was suffering, you adjust your seo; clicks? adjust your gig cover; orders? You update your portfolio. This has always been working for me & a lot of us. Lately, you have to do 'more' and it's harder to figure out what 'more' to do.

So, you don't think that Fiverr should be allowed to grow their business, and improve their profitability? 

I'm just a seller who want to understand why my organic reach is suffering when I'm already listed as a "seller with strong seller/gig performance". 

Your organic reach is likely falling because something about your seller performance is falling lately. You're not in the Promoted Gigs program because your seller performance is down. It sounds like you may need to improve your seller performance metrics.

Promoted gigs led me to a $50 order, I spent $1 on the click. However, it's pretty unreliable, my max budget is $25 a day, but I'm not sure if Fiverr is promoting my gigs. Then again, it depends on what people are searching. If no one needs book titles, I won't be paying the cost per click. 

I did get a weird request for a brand name. I suppose that's because book titles are under the brand name category. Don't know if he found me through promoted gigs. 

On 5/7/2022 at 3:45 PM, gizdesigns said:

I honesty don't mind running promotions for my gigs (we only pay for the clicks). Currently running 3 promos & I get new orders on average after every 4 clicks. I'm just a seller who want to understand why my organic reach is suffering when I'm already listed as a "seller with strong seller/gig performance". 

@jonbaas You completely ignored the best part of my response, but pitched a tent on the fact that Fiverr is a for-profit marketplace & it's okay to ask for more money. I'm guessing you also agree that Fiverr may have done something to our organic reach to encourage sellers to use 'promoted gigs' option because they have to make profit. I have just one simple question for you, just one.

Before the introduction of "promoted gigs", I used to get up to 5 orders within 2 weeks. Now, with the current organic reach, I only get up to 2 using 'promoted gigs' still within 2 weeks. Let's do the Math:

Assuming each order costs $100, with the previous organic reach, that will be a total of $500 (within 2 weeks). Fiverr earns $100 + service charge from the buyers (2.5x5=12.5) . I earn $400.

But now, still assuming each order costs $100, that will be a total of $200 (within 2 weeks). Fiverr earns $40 + service charge from the buyer ($2.5x2= $5) + promo ($3x2 = $6) assuming It's $3/ads click. I'm left with $160

Keep in mind that "Only sellers with strong seller/gig performance are allowed into the Promoted Gigs Program", but for whatever reasons a lot of us are still denied the benefits of organic reach. If your metrics are still good, lucky you!

So I ask, which is more Profitable for both Fiverr & the Seller? Improving the organic reach algorithm (and let the buyers come to us) or introducing promoted gigs (where fiverr picks your buyer for you)?

1 hour ago, gizdesigns said:

I'm guessing you also agree that Fiverr may have done something to our organic reach to encourage sellers to use 'promoted gigs' option because they have to make profit.

Yes. I agree. This is their website; they can do whatever they want to monetize it, and the programs they offer. You agree to their monetization efforts by voluntarily hosting your services on their platform.

1 hour ago, gizdesigns said:

So I ask, which is more Profitable for both Fiverr & the Seller? Improving the organic reach algorithm (and let the buyers come to us) or introducing promoted gigs (where fiverr picks your buyer for you)?

Both are equally profitable if you keep one valuable mantra in mind: "Adapt or Perish". You're a freelancer, you decide which option you wish to pursue. 

Archived