Hey I am level 2 designer and facing de ranking on all my gigs for the past 6 months

arslanmalik_gfx

Question

Hey my name is Arslan and I go by the name of arslanmalik_gfx on Fiverr

I got the feature of gig promotion on one of my gig (vintage logo), I considered it a good opportunity and availed it. I did get some decent orders from it and all was going well until the time it was taken away by mentioning that the gig is no longer qualified. After that it was all bad news because the gig started going down and I mean not by position but by pages, until the point where I can find it only by applying filters and even after that it can be found on the last pages.

At first I thought its some sort of bug or something but the customer care said all is ok with my profile and its just the normal shuffle from the algo, but I do remember a miss understanding with a client and me not refunding as it was a miss communication on the clients end. I did not refund because of the moral and ethical values and not because that I didn't wanted to give the money back, it wasn't a fault at my end and I think that this de-ranking might have something to do with that, as the client might have tried to get back to me on the private review.

But still if someone has some better experience or advice or opinion they want to share it'll be very help full as I feel sort of left out in this situation and don't know what to do or how long to wait.

Note: I did change my gig images, tags, price and description to refresh my gig. Now the impressions are rising but very slowly as I had also received some new orders and some from the previous clients and all were completed with great ratings and happy clients.

Thanks for reading all the way

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated

2 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, arslanmalik_gfx said:

but I do remember a miss understanding with a client and me not refunding as it was a miss communication on the clients end. I did not refund because of the moral and ethical values

Then That’s the reason. 
fiverr algorithm is based on the performance if you performance drops your gig is shown less and not being qualified for promotion is a good indication of it. 

Check this topic 👇 

Thankyou for your thoughts.

Well it was just one time and like I said I delivered what was asked and did wanted to feel blackmailed by the fact that anyone can just cancel the order so we have to do the work for them even if that was not described earlier in the brief.

But Ill still keep that in mind and would try to avoid it from happening in future.

Thanks again

Fingers crossed

22 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

but I do remember a miss understanding with a client and me not refunding as it was a miss communication on the clients end. I did not refund because of the moral and ethical values

Archived