I need advice with my live portopfolio situation !

catavic

Question

Hi, I made some minor cleanup for a client's own illustrations. I asked him(implied mostly ) not to post his work as a sample in my live portfolio but didn't get a straight answer. I deactivated my live portfolio before sending the work so the preview box stayed unchecked on my side. He accepted the order but didn't give a review yet.

My question is if my sample box stayed unchecked on my side does he still have the option to add a sample of his work from his side if he decides to give me a review after I turn my live portfolio on?

3 answers to this question

Huh, https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010509437-Live-Portfolio doesn't really say, though it does give some other options for delivering in ways that will, for sure, not show anything.

From what I've read on the forums, if you had 'Live Portfolio' off when you delivered, then your assumption should be correct. The option should not be available for the buyer, and nothing should show up in your LP.

Thank you for your answer!

Yes, I could have sent it as zip but the client insisted on previewing the images first.

It's not clear to me if the buyer still has the option to add it from his side. I know before it was on the client to add the preview, now I'm not sure if he still has that option if I didn't add one from my side.

You could ask CS.

What you could do is wait till after the 10 days have gone since the gig was set to complete or wait till after the buyer reviews (if they do) then turn the live portfolio back on.

The 10 days of wait is in case they do decide to review (my guess is it would give them the option to add the image to the portfolio if you re-enabled the live portfolio after the delivery but before the review but you could check with CS).

I don't get why it says in the help "In some categories, like Graphics & Design, Live Portfolio can't be disabled. " - when all your gigs are in graphics & design and you could disable it.

Also the help says "Remember: Once you have activated your Live Portfolio, it takes effect from that point on and does not show past work samples." - someone on the forum said you could turn it off for a delivery then later turn it back on and it would still have the past samples before you turned it off but this seems to say that's not the case (or maybe things have changed since that was said on the forum). I assume they mean in the help that it won't show past samples from whenever the live portfolio was turned off at the time of the review.

Archived