Innocent question

rachidshop

Question

8 answers to this question

Not sure about others but I have a friend who always recommends me when he gets much work and I recommend him when I am full. Sharing this because, we know each other very well that if he recommends me, I can do that work perfectly. That ensures him the quality and also I noticed that people don't wanna recommend others because, it may create a negative impression to the client. These are my thoughts.
Thanks.

9 hours ago, rachidshop said:

Why we can't collaborate with other sellers.for example when a seller got too much orders recommend another seller or send the work to him?

My buyers/clients hire ME to do their work. Why would I send people, who want to work with me, to some stranger who does not know how to build their own success as a freelancer, just because that stranger wants free handouts? I, as an established seller, I worked hard to build my own success/brand/reputation. New sellers, such as yourself, should be willing to do the same.

As a freelancer, you EARN your clients through hard work, experimentation, and sacrifice. You should not be expecting other sellers to provide hand-me-down sellers, just so you can skip steps in the success process. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

9 hours ago, rachidshop said:

Why we can't collaborate with other sellers.for example when a seller got too much orders recommend another seller or send the work to him? 

Asking for collaboration is one thing. Harassing a seller with constant messages "GIVE ME WORK" is what a lot of new sellers do. I am sick and tired of people that think success comes from harassing others. Create your own success. I didn't bother anyone here on Fiverr. As @jonbaas said, if you want success, you need to work hard, experiment, find things on your own, etc. 

I understand some just want to go the easy way and expect results. But the harsh reality is that stuff like that never works. Don't expect it to work.  Do the work yourself, work hard and results will arrive. 

6 hours ago, enunciator said:

I guess that's due to still being a small fish or (more likely) due to the eccentric nature of most my services. 😅

Most likely the second. Being unique here does make it different.

But in my case as a writer, I am sick and tired of inquiries like this.

2 minutes ago, dev_mh said:

But here in Fiverr we all are alone unless we don't have enough skill about how to lead a team!

What @mariashtelle1 wanted to say most likely is that you don't find success harassing other people to work with you. Elon was successful way before becoming a CEO for Tesla, and he did all of that by himself.

I for one, I've been here since January 2014 and never asked anyone for help, never asked anyone for work or anything like that. I invested in myself, acquired more skills and also listened to my clients. Plus, why would anyone share advice without getting a benefit in return? Fiverr is not a charity, you're becoming a competitor for the person that teaches you, so why would they do it? 

9 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

and never asked anyone for help, never asked anyone for work or anything like that. I invested in myself, acquired more skills and also listened to my clients.

I am also trying to do the same thing as the way of yours.

9 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Fiverr is not a charity, you're becoming a competitor for the person that teaches you, so why would they do it? 

I totally agree with your this point of view. 

Archived